UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cheers to North Carolina!

1/28/13 3:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
donnybrook
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just got back from teaching the yearly MMA Officials Training in Raleigh, NC. Thats right, I said yearly. NC requires all of their officials to retest every year as judges and referees. I have been teaching the MMA side of the training for the last 3 years. It is awesome to see a state where there is accountability for the officials.

The judges must score at least an 85% on their exam which includes recognition of submissions and positions, round scoring, and definitions. Referees must apply and demonstrate escapes from common submissions. In addition to that they go over safely stopping submissions and scenario training. Referees must pass a written and practical exam with a score of at least 85% as well.

I would love to see more commissions require their officials to keep their skills up and train together.

Kevin the Ref
1/28/13 3:21 PM
Kirik
2051 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

ttt

1/28/13 4:29 PM
Reggie Warren Jr
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr, The Man

We rule over here in the pretty mountains of NC! 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.