UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cung Le 'totally open' for Anderson Silva fight

1/28/13 3:49 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The possibility of Anderson Silva fighting Cung Le came from Silva's manager Ed Soares.

The mention flattered Le. The 40-year-old, who has one foot planted in the fight world and the other in Hollywood, is in a position where he can pick the path of his future.

"If the UFC wants me to fight after our discussion, I’m totally open for it," said Le on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour.

But Le didn't exactly campaign for his name to be added to the mix, and he certainly didn't put out the vibe that he would push for it now, either.

"For me, I don’t mind either way," he said. "I’m just happy that I’m in the mix. There’s a lot of great fighters out there. Chris, Luke Rockhold is another name that people should watch out for. I’m open for whatever. Whether it’s fighting, coaching or doing movies."

"If the fight would ever happen, I wouldn’t be scared because he’s pound-for-pound the best fighter in the world. I’d be excited to see how I do, whether I get beat up or whatever. It doesn't matter. That’s why we compete. That's why we challenge ourselves. That's what makes us who we are, and I love the challenge."

Read entire article...

1/28/13 4:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nolabrum
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cant hate on the guy for taking the fight if offered to him. He's got a good attitude about his situation.
1/28/13 4:15 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
458 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/28/13 4:17 PM
HandyDarsh
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha anderson basically called him out, whats he supposed to say?

1/28/13 4:22 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
458 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ Agreed, not Cung's fault at all.

I just really don't wanna see this fight.

1/28/13 4:23 PM
MartialArtsMixed
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This would be awesome, TKD vs TKD. Two of the best technical strikers in the MMA world right now.
1/28/13 4:26 PM
Lazer MMA

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

^ Agreed, not Cung's fault at all.

I just really don't wanna see this fight.

Fan of Cung but give me a friggin break man with this crap!
1/28/13 4:30 PM
UGSlapshot

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -

THIS..

If this is what we get after all the Superfight talk...

Someone should be maimed and fired .. Phone Post
1/28/13 4:37 PM
sparkuri

Although Anderson is FAR too big(reach), and this would've been very close years ago, it's still an entertaining prospect.
I doubt this goes anywhere.
The only sad part is that if it were to happen, there goes another 6 months Silva doesn't have to fight a legitimate contender.

Cung vs. WANDERLEI II.

This would better. I'd like to see the best of seven of this series, with both retiring after the series. Phone Post
1/28/13 4:38 PM
@
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Cung, but this is an extremely one sided fight.
1/28/13 4:45 PM
crumbs
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The year was 2008, that's when I wanted to see Cung vs Silva, it would have been epic, it would have been like watching blood sport, it would have been a display of striking awesomeness.

2013, many things have changed, I still think a fight between the two would be awesome to watch, but Cung isn't a young late 30s fighter he was in 08. And maybe doesn't deserved a title shot, but I don't think it's as lopsided as most people think.
1/28/13 4:47 PM
sincitydc
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad he's at least up for the challenge. I'd still want to see that Belfort/Le match up get put back together. Phone Post
1/28/13 4:50 PM
atlantis_ninjah

If this happens instead of Weidman because Anderson wants a stand up fight and knows he will get subbed and ruin his legacy, im never watching a ufc again, I would be fucking DONE
1/28/13 4:51 PM
dermotfix
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/28/13 4:52 PM
HandyDarsh
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

atlantis_ninjah - If this happens instead of Weidman because Anderson wants a stand up fight and knows he will get subbed and ruin his legacy, im never watching a ufc again, I would be fucking DONE

maybe anderson wants a fight while weidman is injured...

1/28/13 4:54 PM
UGSlapshot

If this is a UFC on FOX fight I'm not going to be too disappointed.

But if this is a pay per view card OMGWTFHTFO. Phone Post
1/28/13 6:37 PM
atlantis_ninjah

HandyDarsh - 
atlantis_ninjah - If this happens instead of Weidman because Anderson wants a stand up fight and knows he will get subbed and ruin his legacy, im never watching a ufc again, I would be fucking DONE

maybe anderson wants a fight while weidman is injured...

Wiedman is injured?? wtf he was saying he wants the fight and says that he will beat him on Areil Helwani's

"yeah the fight would be pretty cool I guess, entertaining for the fans, I might be able to squeeze it in between my next two movies, well see" -Cung Le
1/28/13 6:41 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

HandyDarsh - 

haha anderson basically called him out, whats he supposed to say?

LMFAO

Cung has been saying he wants Anderson for years guys. No shit he is "totally open" getting a payday for a fight he hasn't earned. This fight is not happening. It is Ed's way of negotiating for Anderson's new contract. They know it will be Weidman or Lombard if he wins, they just want to get paid.

1/28/13 6:45 PM
UGCKIRTT_SonofJockstrap
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a very limited chance this happens, but I wouldn't complain if it did.

1/28/13 8:17 PM
The Nastyness

Listen, I know everyone's going to say I'm trolling, but hear me out...

The best plan for anyone facing Anderson, is much like Chuck Liddell. He's not going to take you down...EVER...so throw as many kicks as possible. Cung is one of the very best kickers.

He could easily pull off a fight that looked much like Jardine/Liddell. I know it's not likely, but...
1/28/13 8:22 PM
mike_rizzo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this makes about as much sense as silva bonnar did Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.