UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Young Justice --- Cancelled?

1/28/13 4:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
paw
1429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43423

"Young Justice" and "Green Lantern: The Animated Series" are absent from Cartoon Network's s announcement of returning series for the 2013-2014 season, signaling cancellation for the fan-favorite DC Nation shows.

Presumably taking their place on the hour-long programming block are the previously announced "Teen Titans Go!," which premieres in April, and "Beware the Batman," which arrives sometime this summer.

DC Nation debuted in March 2012, anchored by the returning "Young Justice" and the new "Green Lantern." In addition, the block features well-received animated shorts starring Batman, Teen Titans, Animal Man, Amethyst, Plastic Man and other DC Comics characters. In what perhaps should've been seen as an omen, both series were abruptly pulled from the network's lineup in October and didn't return until January 5.

Announced in October 2011, the CG-animated "Beware the Batman" teams the Dark Knight with Alfred and Katana against some Gotham City's lesser-known rogues, like Anarky, Professor Pyg and Mister Toad. Glen Murakami ("Batman Beyond," "Teen Titans") is executive producing.

"Teen Titans Go!" features the all-new comedic adventures of Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg, who now appear in chibi form in a series of DC Nation shorts. Original "Teen Titans" voice cast members original cast members Scott Menville, Hynden Walch, Khary Payton, Greg Cipes and Tara Strong all reprise their roles.

1/28/13 4:45 PM
paw
1429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paw comments:  Haven't seen GL, but Young Justice was solid.  I'm very, very, very disappointed it's not being renewed.

1/28/13 5:32 PM
Mule
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GL wasn't bad but I only got to see a couple of episodes. Young Justice was legit.
1/28/13 6:11 PM
The_Pundits_Fluffer_III
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be really sad to see Young Justice go, it's awesome.

1/28/13 6:25 PM
crescentwrench
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GL was skewed younger but getting pretty decent. Cartoon network can eat my ass. Phone Post
1/28/13 6:36 PM
The_Pundits_Fluffer_III
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is Young Justice not getting enough viewers or something? I feel like it would do great if they aired it at a time for older people.

1/28/13 7:18 PM
fryabusa
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those mother fuckers!  The just unleashed Deathstroke in Young Justice.  Now this.  It's like I said on that rumored X-Men cartoon thread, there's no reason to get excited because they cancel everything good way too soon.

1/29/13 2:08 AM
Thomas Covenant
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is some straight garbage. YJ was easily one of the best CN series to come through in a while. They managed to focus on the main team of younger heroes and still do a great job of incorporating the Justice League and associated villains.

Cartoon Network can kick rocks.
1/29/13 8:37 AM
The Elastic Assassin
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well they changed the fuckign name of teh show do if you WERE dvr'ing it you lost it........this probably hadd somethign to do with a loss in viewership.....i fuckign HATE when shows do that shit

I'M LOOKING AT YOU ULTIMATE FIGHTER!!!!!
1/29/13 9:24 AM
crescentwrench
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I didn't think of that, I think I did have to go back and find a rerun when the name changed. It wasn't necessarily that they changed it, it was the fact that they didn't tell anybody either. I thought it was a different show. when JLU changed names at least they had a commercial for it. Between that and the shows just disappearing for a few months it was clear that they just wanted them gone.

Is it the toys? I heard the toys weren't flying off the shelves, is that why they ditched them? But i that's the case why is the Regular Show on 4 times a day? I've never seen a toy for that. It costs less to make but still.

Anyway, I look forward to the next cartoon that airs for 1.5 seasons and ends with a cliffhanger. Jesus, why not just stick to making the movies? At least those finish a fucking story. Phone Post
1/29/13 12:19 PM
paw

Maybe it was the toys....

From http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/29/young-justice-the-cartoon-the-toys-and-the-fans/

I learnt last year that the Young Justice TV had been cancelled but wasn’t confident enough to stand it up, all I had were the circumstantial evidence of, say, the delays and the comic book suffering the same fate.

But I did discover that the main reason, specifically for Young Justice, was down to lower toy sales than expected. Though Mattel jacking up the prices on those small figures with their “Build A Hall Of Justice” collecible pieces probably didn’t help, they may have sold a lot better at their original price.

Still, since the announcement earlier that Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice were going to be replaced, a healthy fan movement to bring them back has sprung up. A fan petition created hours ago has already reached well over 6000 signatures, a mail in campaign featuring domino masks is being considered), and Twitter and FaceBook pages of Warner Brothers Entertainment and Cartoon Network are full to the brim…

It does seem to have momentum. Is this a campaign that will be easy to ignore? And Con season is on the way…

1/29/13 5:27 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME.....

THEY WILL TOTALLY IGNORE THE CAMPAIGN TOO.  

NOT ONLY THAT BUT A CHIBI VERSION OF TEEN TITANS IS THE DUMBEST FUCKING IDEA EVER. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS BUT I WATCH A SUPERHERO CARTOON TO SEE MY COMICS BROUGHT TO LIFE AND TO SEE SOME AWESOME SUPERHERO BATTLES.  

A CHIBI VERSION OF THAT IS JUST GOING TO BE GAY AND STUPID.  THE OLD SHOW WAS FINE JUST THE WAY IT WAS.  WHY CHANGE A GOOD FORMULA.  FUCK MAN.   JUST HORRIBLE IDEA'S ALL AROUND ON THEIR PART.   SO FRUSTRATING. 

1/29/13 5:52 PM
Tidbits
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fryabusa - 

Those mother fuckers!  The just unleashed Deathstroke in Young Justice.  Now this.  It's like I said on that rumored X-Men cartoon thread, there's no reason to get excited because they cancel everything good way too soon.

this
1/29/13 8:33 PM
The_Pundits_Fluffer_III

BIGWHITESEXY - 

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME.....

THEY WILL TOTALLY IGNORE THE CAMPAIGN TOO.  

NOT ONLY THAT BUT A CHIBI VERSION OF TEEN TITANS IS THE DUMBEST FUCKING IDEA EVER. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS BUT I WATCH A SUPERHERO CARTOON TO SEE MY COMICS BROUGHT TO LIFE AND TO SEE SOME AWESOME SUPERHERO BATTLES.  

A CHIBI VERSION OF THAT IS JUST GOING TO BE GAY AND STUPID.  THE OLD SHOW WAS FINE JUST THE WAY IT WAS.  WHY CHANGE A GOOD FORMULA.  FUCK MAN.   JUST HORRIBLE IDEA'S ALL AROUND ON THEIR PART.   SO FRUSTRATING. 

I can see why they'd do it. More toy sales.

But why not just move Young Justice to a time when older people are likely to watch it like they did with Adventure Time?

1/29/13 9:47 PM
QTyp
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am fucking sick of this shit. Whenever I get into a new superhero cartoon, it gets cancelled. I'm not even a big DC fan, but Young Justice was VERY good. Even GL is pretty solid. I was most pissed with Avengers EMH being replaced and Wolverine & The X-Men being cancelled.
1/29/13 10:09 PM
daxfactor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

QTyp - I am fucking sick of this shit. Whenever I get into a new superhero cartoon, it gets cancelled. I'm not even a big DC fan, but Young Justice was VERY good. Even GL is pretty solid. I was most pissed with Avengers EMH being replaced and Wolverine & The X-Men being cancelled.
This. What is wrong with these fuckers. Phone Post
1/30/13 8:43 AM
paw

Edited: 01/30/13 8:43 AM
QTyp - I am fucking sick of this shit. Whenever I get into a new superhero cartoon, it gets cancelled. I'm not even a big DC fan, but Young Justice was VERY good.

I know, right?  It's almost like DC wants me to hate them.

1/30/13 10:07 AM
crescentwrench

The chibi version has to cost like 1/10 of what it costs to make something like YJ.  That's the only thing I can see that makes sense.  Not just in production but in writing and all that.  Just make a few gags, move the same panel around 25 times and call it a show.  That will fucking last 9 seasons while actual good kid-skewed shows like Superhero Squad and BatmanTBATB get the boot.  

1/30/13 11:04 AM
Daredevil73
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I liked both shows. This is disappointing.
2/2/13 1:48 AM
Eazy08
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Young justice was the shit, itsucks that they're canceling it
2/3/13 1:38 AM
grafzep
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tidbits - 
fryabusa - 

this

double this

Great show. The toys failed because they were horribly over priced and they released weak choices first.

Lantern is fine as well.

YJ, AvengersEMH, and to a lesser extent Wolverine and the X-Men were all good to great but seemingly were just created and then abandoned. I don't know if we will ever see a Justice League type of commitment again (and that ended too soon as well imo)

fuck
2/3/13 7:50 AM
YVEL MACHIDA
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone make a twitter account and start firebombing their asses with tweets. I've voiced my displeasure a few times already Phone Post
2/5/13 12:29 PM
Amado
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The_Pundits_Fluffer_III - 

Is Young Justice not getting enough viewers or something? I feel like it would do great if they aired it at a time for older people.

I think for most guys in their 20s, we were all raised on Batman, Superman, and The Justice League. BTAS was revolutionary for it's time, considering how well done the animation was compared to what was put out in the 80's.

I mean really from the time I was born until I was 16-17 there was always DCAU on TV.

This younger generation doesn't have that. They were raised on 2 seasons of rasta Joker and shittily animated GL shows. They aren't gonna appreciate Young Justice for what it is because they haven't been exposed to quality comic book shows and probably lump them all together.
2/5/13 12:31 PM
Amado
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And chibi Teen Titans is a fucking abomination. Why can't they use the same animation from the 2000-2002 series?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.