UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Warmaster: MMA is NOT a war

1/28/13 5:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just overheard, "How many wars did you have today?". The answer is none. You've had zero wars today. Doing MMA is NOT a war

The war on terror is a war. 1/3 of a war maybe but still a war. To me for something to be called a war it must involve killing people.

1/28/13 5:13 PM
Zaph
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub for vu at a later time. Phone Post
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fightmaster, IMO or Matchmaster depending

ChaosOverkill
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/28/13 5:13 PM

Yeah I've heard people before say it's kind of disrespectful and making light of the atrocious horror of a real war to call sports competitions wars. I can't say I disagree but pro-wrestling seems to run with it a lot

1/28/13 5:17 PM
HexRei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - 

Just overheard, "How many wars did you have today?". The answer is none. You've had zero wars today. Doing MMA is NOT a war

The war on terror is a war. 1/3 of a war maybe but still a war. To me for something to be called a war it must involve killing people.

they're using a metaphor. no one actually thinks its the same as shooting poverty-stricken brown muslims on the other side of the globe.
1/28/13 5:17 PM
2JupitersTooMany

Thanks for clearing that up

1/28/13 5:18 PM
HexRei

2JupitersTooMany - 

Thanks for clearing that up

no problem. hit me up if you need any other things explained.
1/28/13 5:18 PM
ChaosOverkill
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh and voted up 

1/28/13 5:19 PM
Ligeia420

lol @ the war on terror is war. what war on terror?
1/28/13 5:20 PM
2JupitersTooMany

Ligeia420 - lol @ the war on terror is war. what war on terror?

If somebody dies, it's 1/3 of a war by default, you get credit at least for one third of an entire war.  It's like boxing if you think about it. 

1/28/13 5:22 PM
HexRei

I think its like the war on christmas i keep hearing about.
1/28/13 5:24 PM
2JupitersTooMany

HexRei - 

Yeah, or the fight against hunger, where punching isn't part of the design at all, and sure it happens, you're going to have violence when you put a bunch of underfed mentally ill people into a soup kitchen, but nonetheless, the fight against hunger is 2/5 of a fight, imo.

1/28/13 5:26 PM
2JupitersTooMany

Take tennis for instance.  Those snobs have been calling their little contests "matches" for probably a thousand years, game set match and so on, but they don't even try to submit each other.  Unless you are trying to submit someone with a scissoring motion, it isn't a match, IMO, it's a "measure of tennis abilities" or something like that.

1/28/13 5:28 PM
Nexuscrawlers
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei -

I feel like you guys missed the joke :( Phone Post
1/28/13 5:29 PM
2JupitersTooMany

Nexuscrawlers - 
HexRei -

It's not a joke, it's an "allusion to something clever that went over our heads"

1/28/13 5:29 PM
HexRei

Nexuscrawlers - 
HexRei -

I chortled, but did not guffaw. So maybe I got only 1/3 of the joke.
1/28/13 5:33 PM
2JupitersTooMany

I couldn't help but laugh at my pal who wanted me to come to his baseball "game" the other day, and I was all like "you better have a bishop in your pocket or I'm going to match you," things got heated, I pulled guard but was careful not to throw any strikes so I didn't sound foolish.

1/28/13 6:11 PM
2JupitersTooMany

Ah What If, old friend

1/28/13 7:53 PM
WoodenPupa
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - 

Take tennis for instance.  Those snobs have been calling their little contests "matches" for probably a thousand years, game set match and so on, but they don't even try to submit each other.  Unless you are trying to submit someone with a scissoring motion, it isn't a match, IMO, it's a "measure of tennis abilities" or something like that.

I've always called it "A Well Formed Spherical Projectile Smiting Exercise". I don't get too caught up in names, though. It's a total racket.
1/28/13 8:02 PM
WoodenPupa
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - 

I couldn't help but laugh at my pal who wanted me to come to his baseball "game" the other day, and I was all like "you better have a bishop in your pocket or I'm going to match you," things got heated, I pulled guard but was careful not to throw any strikes so I didn't sound foolish.

Good point, and on that subject, the Sicilian Defence is underrated as hell. It's five thirds of why Hitler lost World War Negative Pi (a little known Nazi "practice drill" waged against reverse geometry, as preparation for WWII, which ended in tears and resignation).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.