UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Which current UFC stars will fight into their 40's

1/28/13 5:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
melendez
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters such as Dan Henderson and Randy Couture have consistently defied the odds and continued their UFC careers well into their 40's. Dan hasn't really showed any signs of slowing down at this point and if not for a rash of bad luck, would have fought for a title last year. We all know how the story goes with Randy Couture as well.

As the next generation of fighters approach their 40's (Anderson, Ace Franklin, Vitor and some others) who do you all think could be the type of well conditioned athlete who might be able to continue to fight effectively?

1/28/13 5:47 PM
Chaelismyhero
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael has shown no signs of slowing down. Team Quest FTW
1/28/13 5:55 PM
melendez
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No signs of slowing down...but in your opinion will he ever hold a title? Speaking of Chael...he is a fucking genius thats all there is to it. I used to think he was the biggest asshole in the world and then I met him a few times. I understand the game now. And he works it masterfully.

1/28/13 5:59 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not very many.  Chael, Anderson, Gonzaga maybe.

1/28/13 6:01 PM
Steve4192
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage ... because he'll be destitute in a couple of years.

1/28/13 6:02 PM
Chaelismyhero

melendez - 

No signs of slowing down...but in your opinion will he ever hold a title? Speaking of Chael...he is a fucking genius thats all there is to it. I used to think he was the biggest asshole in the world and then I met him a few times. I understand the game now. And he works it masterfully.

Yes i think he will hold a title. I think he will out wrestler Johnny Bones. All i here is people saying Johnny Bones is going to ko him round 1,thats a bunch of horseshit. Chael can take a ton of abuse,way more than Vitor,Rashad and Rampage.they all went deep into the fight will Bones. Rashad even went the distance. I think Bones is great,but he hasnt ever fought anybody as aggressive as Chael. That will be the difference in the fight. It will be a war.
1/28/13 6:20 PM
UGCTT_Blake
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson, Lyoto has the style for it, just think about guys who are in good shape and don't take a lot of damage.
1/28/13 6:57 PM
Bisping got KOd by Jesus
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/28/13 6:57 PM

Cung Le if he is not there already.

1/28/13 7:03 PM
GSP24

Vitor Belfort Phone Post
1/28/13 10:05 PM
melendez

Chaelismyhero - 
melendez - 

Yes i think he will hold a title. I think he will out wrestler Johnny Bones. All i here is people saying Johnny Bones is going to ko him round 1,thats a bunch of horseshit. Chael can take a ton of abuse,way more than Vitor,Rashad and Rampage.they all went deep into the fight will Bones. Rashad even went the distance. I think Bones is great,but he hasnt ever fought anybody as aggressive as Chael. That will be the difference in the fight. It will be a war.

You definitely raise an excellent point about his aggression. He goes forward against anybody he faces and generally doesn't have any respect of fear for anyones striking. He certainly showed that in the fight against Anderson SIlva. I know that Rashad went the distance with Hashad but there were points where it seems as though Bones was holding back against him. I think the Chael Bones fight will show what both guys are made up. As far as Chael being able to take more abuse than Page, thats not saying much these days haha! Page is a shadow of his former self and not even relevant in the fight game.

Chael is in the type of shape that I think could take him into his 40's, but considering how bright the future seems to be for him outside of MMA, (tv, movies, etc) I just dont see him hanging around that long unless its a huge payday. I will admit that there are many more interesting fights for him at 205 than at 185 for sure.

1/28/13 10:10 PM
dmckendry

Bisping got KOd by Jesus - 

Cung Le if he is not there already.

cung le is 41 im pretty sure.

cheick kongo and roy nelson probably will. their both in mid late 30s and still going.

1/28/13 10:16 PM
melendez

Sugar Dick - 

Gabe Rudiger

:) I second your Gabe and raise you a Junie Browning.

1/28/13 10:17 PM
HenryO

Chaelismyhero - Chael has shown no signs of slowing down. Team Quest FTW

TRT for the win you mean
1/28/13 10:26 PM
Chaelismyhero

melendez - 
Chaelismyhero - 
melendez - 

You definitely raise an excellent point about his aggression. He goes forward against anybody he faces and generally doesn't have any respect of fear for anyones striking. He certainly showed that in the fight against Anderson SIlva. I know that Rashad went the distance with Hashad but there were points where it seems as though Bones was holding back against him. I think the Chael Bones fight will show what both guys are made up. As far as Chael being able to take more abuse than Page, thats not saying much these days haha! Page is a shadow of his former self and not even relevant in the fight game.

Chael is in the type of shape that I think could take him into his 40's, but considering how bright the future seems to be for him outside of MMA, (tv, movies, etc) I just dont see him hanging around that long unless its a huge payday. I will admit that there are many more interesting fights for him at 205 than at 185 for sure.

Yes Rampage is out of his prime,but he can still take hell of a beating.
1/28/13 10:27 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The bigger you are, the more likely you can still be effective in your later years.  Particularly with HWs.  Because success in these divisions is not as much predicated on speed, and the fact that power is always last to go, you'll see a lot of older HWs who are still very successful.

With that in mind, I like Roy, Carwin and Andy to make it into their 40s.  And my boy Machida.

1/28/13 10:30 PM
Chaelismyhero

Andy and Machida both depend on speed alot. Wrestlers last the longest imo
1/28/13 11:59 PM
knuckleballs

Anderson is still head and shoulders above the rest. If he can raid Team Quest's TRT supply, he'll be in good shape to fight into his 40's if he wants to.
1/29/13 1:47 AM
melendez

knuckleballs - Anderson is still head and shoulders above the rest. If he can raid Team Quest's TRT supply, he'll be in good shape to fight into his 40's if he wants to.

That would be nuts.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.