UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Chuck Liddell's health.

1/29/13 1:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PrettyBoy
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just listened to the recent Joe Rogan podcast with Liddell. I don't know if it was a mic issue or if alcohol was involved but he sounds like he is suffering from brain trauma. There is a lot of slurred speech.

Does anyone have an update on his condition. It Is very concerning. Whole our community has always championed how safe MMA is relative to other combat sports, it would be a Shane if the sports biggest icon became tainted by such a horrible condition.

I hope all is well with Chuck and he just had a few too many drinks. Phone Post
1/29/13 1:22 AM
Doem
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well in the past his slurring was just due to him being high. so simplest answer first.
1/29/13 1:22 AM
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can you post video. I hope all is well with him Phone Post
1/29/13 1:23 AM
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax

Hes fine dude. Phone Post
1/29/13 1:23 AM
KremeDipEagle
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think chuck has always had a real laid back kind of speech patten. He likes to party and he's earned that. As far as head trauma, time will tell. He definitely fought in the pocket his whole career and at the tail end, it cost him some fights. Don't underestimate how chill he's always been and necessarily confuse it for immediate damage. He's also deceptively smart, IMHO. Phone Post
1/29/13 1:27 AM
jmacdoug
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i was watching 2003 gp the other day and he seems so different, just the way he speaks
1/29/13 1:31 AM
sockeye
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah slurred speech on jRE podcast, but it was like 1am. NyQuil maybe? Phone Post
atlantis_ninjah

yeah hes gotten slower but he seems happy, its all good, boxers have it much worse
Ariel's Shoes, GOAT
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he did get picked up in the middle of it. maybe he siezed the day and had a couple drinks
1/29/13 1:33 AM
slamming

He was just fine one the JRE and definitely better than he has been in the latter stages of his fighting career. Not getting hit in the head has been good for him. Stop being a drama queen. Phone Post
1/29/13 1:39 AM
PrettyBoy

slamming - He was just fine one the JRE and definitely better than he has been in the latter stages of his fighting career. Not getting hit in the head has been good for him. Stop being a drama queen. Phone Post
I mean no disrespect. It just didn't sound ok or normal to me. Phone Post
1/29/13 1:41 AM
LastRowCarl

KremeDipEagle - I think chuck has always had a real laid back kind of speech patten. He likes to party and he's earned that. As far as head trauma, time will tell. He definitely fought in the pocket his whole career and at the tail end, it cost him some fights. Don't underestimate how chill he's always been and necessarily confuse it for immediate damage. He's also deceptively smart, IMHO. Phone Post
No watch his pride gp interview compared to anything within the last 5 years... thats when you feel sorry, and why dana has given him a job that nobody's evwr heard of and still nobody's not really sure he is doing anything other than chillin... I mean if someone got brain damage trying to make me money If I wqs capable I would set them up for life Phone Post
1/29/13 1:41 AM
PrettyBoy

Wow... Like 10 vote downs. It's ok to have this discussion about boxers but not MMA? Phone Post
1/29/13 1:43 AM
LastRowCarl

slamming - He was just fine one the JRE and definitely better than he has been in the latter stages of his fighting career. Not getting hit in the head has been good for him. Stop being a drama queen. Phone Post
No you're ignorant
...... watch any of his interviews pre 05.... Phone Post
1/29/13 1:43 AM
Lovetriscuit
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If anything Chuck sounded a lot better than he has in the past. There was a point where Chucked seemed like it was getting pretty bad a year or two ago. On the podcast he was tired as fuck - his wife was passed out already.
1/29/13 1:44 AM
Clarence Parents
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All things considered I feel Chuck is doing pretty damn well. Seems really happy. Has lived, and continues to live a life that us fans could only dream about.

I'm really happy that he is no longer fighting though.. and I'm not ever going to even try and act like there are no peripheral effects of getting punched in the head for years on end just because it's MMA.. it doesn't matter who you are or what sport you're in.. head trauma is head trauma.

But the Iceman seems ok to me!
1/29/13 1:52 AM
DaddyGorg

Guy gets voted down because he points out that Liddell sounds punch drunk compared to the Pride days. Ridiculous. He just told the hard truth.
1/29/13 1:59 AM
PrettyBoy

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - i think the people are voting you down for being a drama queen/speculating about a popular fighter's health.
You're right. Boxing communities have accepted these realities. While this board has no problem discussing James Toney or Terry Norris's of the world ,we should continue to sweep these things under the rug and pretend everything is fine and show no concern or compassion for fighters we enjoy in MMA because...

It doesn't need to be spoken of.

Got it. Everything is cool fellas. By bad. Phone Post
1/29/13 2:05 AM
Feelz Good

Chuck's always been pretty laid back, and it was late. I don't know what chuck does in his personal life, and I won't pretend to. That said, I know for fact no was has been on Joe's podcast while under the influence of anything. Phone Post
1/29/13 2:15 AM
Wicked smahtMF

its very subtle but its there without a doubt. Anyone that thinks taking a decade + of conscious snatching shots, maybe 1-2 of which were Brazilian bare-knuckle/ vale tudo wars, wont effect your brain is being unrealistic. Its the purest form of athletic competition and should be the biggest sport in the world in my opinion, but it is fighting, it is dangerous, and it is physically impossible for one to fight for a dozen years and NOT walk away with brain damage. No different than any veteran NFL linebacker.
1/29/13 2:16 AM
slamming

LastRowCarl - 
No you're ignorant
...... watch any of his interviews pre 05.... Phone Post

Try reading what i typed. He sounds better than he ever did at the LATTER stages of his career.
1/29/13 2:16 AM
DaddyGorg

I don't think so either. That would have been preferable.
1/29/13 2:28 AM
DaddyGorg

"is and always was a warrior".. You forgot "who put it all on the line." Yes, I've seen a lot worse.
1/29/13 2:37 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

I am not one to speculate about these things BUT. I also watched the podcast, then today watched backstage footage from his fight with Overeem and it was night and day as far as his speech goes. I'm not in a position to judge something like that and I don't really think any of us are. Plus if you watched the whole podcast you would know that when Chuck leaves it's about 2:30 am. I'm also not in a position to judge Chuck on this either, but Joe kind of insinuated they were smoking weed. Joe and Enson are both well documented weed smokers too. Phone Post
1/29/13 4:22 AM
absolutesperry
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was like 1am, so probably tired. But yeah, Chuck has always had laid back speech. And if he was at Rogan's he was probably enjoying a beer or 4. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.