UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Breaking Into Aussie Mainstream Media Again :)

1/29/13 5:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RowdyBec
676 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/29/13 7:26 AM

What up my UG homies?? :) A feature story on my MMA journey, weight loss & Invicta Fighting Championships debut was aired tonight on a mainstream television program during prime time!! This is obviously awesome for Australian MMA which is still struggling with negative preceptions in this country... but also awesome sauce for WMMA & myself!! The story ran on "The Project", which is a hugely popular night time show here & featured footage of my home life, training life & fight with Carla Esparza.

It's easily the most positive & exposed piece that the media has ever run on MMA here so I'm absolutely stoked :) Big ups to both Nick Johnson & Arron Pegson for capturing & uploading this for me... they are actually forum members here as well!! Enjoy & looking forward to entertaining you all in April :)

Edit: I guess I can let you all know now that I'm fighting 5-0 Jasminka Cive from Austria at IFC 5 :)

1/29/13 6:06 AM
simpsonaye
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha damn wish the tv wasn't flooded in, would've like to have watched it! Phone Post
1/29/13 6:11 AM
DEZBOT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice, everyone watches the project, good shiz Phone Post
1/29/13 6:14 AM
HectorOfTroy
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stuff :)
1/29/13 6:14 AM
Mister Collins
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Almost didn't recognize you with the 30+ kilo's extra. Great work.
1/29/13 6:17 AM
Shoebert

Very cool video, looking forward to watching you kick some ass in April!
1/29/13 6:55 AM
RowdyBec
676 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got 3 votes down for posting this :) Awesome sauce!!

1/29/13 6:56 AM
Josh Davies
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome video Phone Post
1/29/13 7:04 AM
rObLoCo
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Last time I watched 'The Project' was when it was 'The 7pm Project'...which started at 7pm...only they took out the 7 and started it at 6:30----->meaning I missed it lol

Luckily you posted it on your fb. Phone Post
1/29/13 7:08 AM
RowdyBec

Paulinethepope - 
RowdyBec -

I got 3 votes down for posting this :) Awesome sauce!!

Some people are assholes and envy anything positive that other people do. Fuck the haters, they're just jealous that things are going good for you....... Phone Post

LOL!! Wish the feature let you see who voted you down. I'd be pretty confident I could guess 2 of the 3 :)

1/29/13 7:12 AM
mofomike
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watched it live tonight!  Very cool bec!

Where abouts in Brisbane is impact?

1/29/13 7:13 AM
RowdyBec

mofomike - 

Capalaba... bout 15 minutes from the city :)

Come punch me in the face Mike... come play :)

1/29/13 7:13 AM
dMo
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt for the murican morning crew. Phone Post
1/29/13 7:18 AM
Motivated Penn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/29/13 7:18 AM
Voted up for brütal cage fighting blood sport!! raaargh!
1/29/13 7:20 AM
LEMon
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't see it, good work, I didn't know about the weight loss Phone Post
1/29/13 7:20 AM
Shango Unchained

good on ya bec last time the project had a segment on mma they completely ran it into the ground callin it barbaric (i actually refused to watch the show after that). its good to see them pull a 180 and give mma some positive media cause we definetly need it here. Phone Post
1/29/13 7:25 AM
RowdyBec

Shango Unchained -  good on ya bec last time the project had a segment on mma they completely ran it into the ground callin it barbaric (i actually refused to watch the show after that). its good to see them pull a 180 and give mma some positive media cause we definetly need it here. Phone Post

I gave them a heads up LOL :) I'm all about promoting MMA & especially females in MMA positively :)

Oh yeah & I guess you can all know that I'm fighting 5-0 Jasminka Cive at IFC 5 in April :) <3

1/29/13 7:31 AM
RowdyBec

officedrone23 -  Nice vid. Vote up/Vote Down system is a way of keeping high school alive on the internets. Phone Post

I must be one of the popular kids then LOL :) 5 vote ups in the past 10 mins!!

1/29/13 7:32 AM
NoNameBias

I'm from Brisbane too, but missed the project special. To be honest, I initially hated wmma. It represented the fairer sex being brutally ko`d and bleeding. I did fear that mma constantly walks on a knifes edge with regards to mainstream acceptance, and imagery of a beautiful girl being brutalized on live TV would kill the sport for everyone.

However because of rousey and you, I decided to purchase the invicta ppv. I was very impressed.. Your intent to engage with clean hands was an eye opener.
1/29/13 7:32 AM
theGunt
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good story considering they shit-canned MMA last time and went the 'human cock-fighting' angle. Phone Post
1/29/13 7:39 AM
Kirik
1932 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

ttt

1/29/13 7:43 AM
scaredy cat
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Such a positive advert for the sport.
1/29/13 7:43 AM
RowdyBec

NoNameBias - I'm from Brisbane too, but missed the project special. To be honest, I initially hated wmma. It represented the fairer sex being brutally ko`d and bleeding. I did fear that mma constantly walks on a knifes edge with regards to mainstream acceptance, and imagery of a beautiful girl being brutalized on live TV would kill the sport for everyone.

However because of rousey and you, I decided to purchase the invicta ppv. I was very impressed.. Your intent to engage with clean hands was an eye opener.

See... this right here people is why I continue to push & kick down doors when it comes to WMMA :)

1/29/13 8:07 AM
NoNameBias

RowdyBec - 
NoNameBias - I'm from Brisbane too, but missed the project special. To be honest, I initially hated wmma. It represented the fairer sex being brutally ko`d and bleeding. I did fear that mma constantly walks on a knifes edge with regards to mainstream acceptance, and imagery of a beautiful girl being brutalized on live TV would kill the sport for everyone.

See... this right here people is why I continue to push & kick down doors when it comes to WMMA :)

I am very interested to watch the evolution. Will the wrestling threat drop your center of gravity to prepare for TDD? Or should the natural striker further develop her kicks and evasion? As an Aussie observer, wrestling bothers me.
1/29/13 8:09 AM
mofomike
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec - 
mofomike - 

Capalaba... bout 15 minutes from the city :)

Come punch me in the face Mike... come play :)

http://impactmma.net/

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.