UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Breaking Into Aussie Mainstream Media Again :)

1/29/13 8:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RowdyBec
676 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NoNameBias - 
RowdyBec - 
NoNameBias - I'm from Brisbane too, but missed the project special. To be honest, I initially hated wmma. It represented the fairer sex being brutally ko`d and bleeding. I did fear that mma constantly walks on a knifes edge with regards to mainstream acceptance, and imagery of a beautiful girl being brutalized on live TV would kill the sport for everyone.

However because of rousey and you, I decided to purchase the invicta ppv. I was very impressed.. Your intent to engage with clean hands was an eye opener.

See... this right here people is why I continue to push & kick down doors when it comes to WMMA :)

I am very interested to watch the evolution. Will the wrestling threat drop your center of gravity to prepare for TDD? Or should the natural striker further develop her kicks and evasion? As an Aussie observer, wrestling bothers me.

It depends on the style of my opponent :) I'll be the first to admit I wasn't prepared to face a wrestler like Carla & that's exactly why I didn't change anything & just went for the kill whenever I had the chance. I wasn't naive enough to think that changing my level would stop her takedown... but what it would have likely done was affect my stand up!! Stylistically in my next fight I certainly won't be dropping my level either but if I am to earn another chance against Carla I can assure you that my approach will be different :)

I did do some wrestling for my last camp with a former NCAA Div 1 wrestler & a couple of national champions but it was all offense & obviously the quality is a bit different here. At the moment I'm wrestling 4 days a week across three different academies in Queensland :) This is my life & I'll do whatever it takes!!

1/29/13 8:14 AM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed, can't wait to see far rowdy Bec!! Phone Post
1/29/13 8:15 AM
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fat**** Phone Post
1/29/13 8:15 AM
RowdyBec
676 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mofomike - 
RowdyBec - 
mofomike - 

Watched it live tonight!  Very cool bec!

Where abouts in Brisbane is impact?

Capalaba... bout 15 minutes from the city :)

Come punch me in the face Mike... come play :)

http://impactmma.net/

Yup... thats the website but its very outdated :(

Best to send Impact MMA a friend request on Stalkbook :)

1/29/13 8:20 AM
RowdyBec

BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat -  Fat**** Phone Post

Yo momma :)

1/29/13 8:25 AM
NoNameBias
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec - 
NoNameBias - 
RowdyBec - 
NoNameBias - I'm from Brisbane too, but missed the project special. To be honest, I initially hated wmma. It represented the fairer sex being brutally ko`d and bleeding. I did fear that mma constantly walks on a knifes edge with regards to mainstream acceptance, and imagery of a beautiful girl being brutalized on live TV would kill the sport for everyone.

However because of rousey and you, I decided to purchase the invicta ppv. I was very impressed.. Your intent to engage with clean hands was an eye opener.

See... this right here people is why I continue to push & kick down doors when it comes to WMMA :)

I am very interested to watch the evolution. Will the wrestling threat drop your center of gravity to prepare for TDD? Or should the natural striker further develop her kicks and evasion? As an Aussie observer, wrestling bothers me.

It depends on the style of my opponent :) I'll be the first to admit I wasn't prepared to face a wrestler like Carla & that's exactly why I didn't change anything & just went for the kill whenever I had the chance. I wasn't naive enough to think that changing my level would stop her takedown... but what it would have likely done was affect my stand up!! Stylistically in my next fight I certainly won't be dropping my level either but if I am to earn another chance against Carla I can assure you that my approach will be different :)

I did do some wrestling for my last camp with a former NCAA Div 1 wrestler & a couple of national champions but it was all offense & obviously the quality is a bit different here. At the moment I'm wrestling 4 days a week across three different academies in Queensland :) This is my life & I'll do whatever it takes!!

Perfect. Keep them inside your boxing zone, I can't see anyone beating you. P.s. I love that you use our real Aussie anthem song.. We get still get shivers...
1/29/13 9:11 AM
RowdyBec

I'm off to bed now :) Pretty pleeeease TTT this guys for the American's waking up :)

1/29/13 9:21 AM
UGRBTT_th1s_guy
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec -
Paulinethepope - 
RowdyBec -

I got 3 votes down for posting this :) Awesome sauce!!

Some people are assholes and envy anything positive that other people do. Fuck the haters, they're just jealous that things are going good for you....... Phone Post

LOL!! Wish the feature let you see who voted you down. I'd be pretty confident I could guess 2 of the 3 :)

I was one of the three..I absolutely HATE you ,your hair,your personality,the way you fight and most of all that punk princess attitude you have....and by hate I obviously mean LOVE lol I hope you have a king size bed because me n Danny boy are going to make a rowdy Bec sandwich!! Ahahahaha too far? I think so. Lol Phone Post
1/29/13 10:40 AM

RowdyBec -
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat -  Fat**** Phone Post

Yo momma :)

Yes there was a time when my momma was quite fat

I was only playing around, I do hope there is footage of you with a monster ass though. :) Phone Post
1/29/13 5:10 PM
UGRBTT_th1s_guy
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT! Phone Post
1/29/13 6:04 PM
RowdyBec

Thanks for keeping this near the top guys :) Love you all long time!!

1/29/13 8:54 PM
RowdyBec

1/29/13 9:38 PM
rObLoCo
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
1/29/13 10:01 PM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just watched the Vid, awesome job Bec! I'm just waiting for the auto'd posters from the last event, and my Invicta FC hoody to get here. Keep on kicking ass, I can't wait to watch you fight live in Irvine CA! Phone Post
1/29/13 10:26 PM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for other west coast Americans. Phone Post
1/29/13 11:35 PM
WoodsMan45

. Phone Post
1/29/13 11:38 PM
UGRBTT_th1s_guy

Phone Post
1/29/13 11:39 PM
UGRBTT_th1s_guy

^Is that who you're supposed to be fighting?lol Phone Post
1/29/13 11:46 PM
Letibleu
1696 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/29/13 11:46 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They close the seg with "hit me one more time" by whats her name again?

I am a fan of you Bec and will continue to be. Get your new manger company to sell shirts, I want one.

1/29/13 11:51 PM
Emphatik
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome work Bec! Good positive piece.
1/29/13 11:59 PM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear

Letibleu -

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I am a fan of you Bec and will continue to be. Get your new manger company to sell shirts, I want one.

I want a shirt as well Phone Post
1/30/13 1:23 AM
RowdyBec

UGRBTT_th1s_guy -  ^Is that who you're supposed to be fighting?lol Phone Post

Yup :) She has fought men in Austria... can't wait!!

1/30/13 1:23 AM
RowdyBec

UGCTT_sakurabas ear - 
Letibleu -

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I want a shirt as well Phone Post

Shirts are on the agenda guys as soon as some new sponsors are locked in :)

1/30/13 1:25 AM
yellow c0ckahlc

Edited: 01/30/13 1:25 AM

I remember when you were just another Aussie, fighting kangaroos and throwing boomerangs at unwary citizens. Now, you're a man. A famous, strong, fighting man. 

I'm so proud of you, Rebeckums.

EDIT:

I'm hungry.

1/30/13 1:31 AM
RowdyBec

yellow c0ckahlc - 

I remember when you were just another Aussie, fighting kangaroos and throwing boomerangs at unwary citizens. Now, you're a man. A famous, strong, fighting man. 

I'm so proud of you, Rebeckums.

EDIT:

I'm hungry.

I'm so happy to see your mind is still intact YC ;) <3

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.