UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Brian Setzer - Rockabilly Guitar (vid)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/29/13 7:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jman
654 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/29/13 7:25 AM

Started watching this Brian Setzer vid...so freakin' cool!

1/29/13 8:38 AM
Ali
969 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/29/13 10:03 AM
He's really a great guitarist. It took me a long time to get past Stray Cats fans when they first came out -- I missed it for a good while. I almost thought he got good later, but... no, even as that young dude in the instructional. He plays "slow" rockabilly just amazingly well -- taste and tone are really top.

And as I said on another thread, I'm not the biggest fan of the genre. But sometimes, like with most genres, you find something undeniable.
1/29/13 8:45 AM
jman
654 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I just love his attitude...basically it is about the music. Slop, mistakes, etc...just make some music. Love that attitude, plus the guy seems pretty damn cool, funny and down to earth. Plus it is cool to hear him make a few mistakes, so he IS human.
1/29/13 11:17 AM
DasBeaver
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phenomenal player, he's got such great knowledge and depth in his playing but he loves to just let go and rock out. I love how he never lets up, his playing just gets better everytime you hear him.

But I totally can see that Ali, there is a bit of a cheese factor. I've got the tabs that go with this vid, if I can find my vhs.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.