UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Randy Couture now working with Bellator/Spike TV

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1/29/13 11:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caposa
1657 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Couture signs Spike deal, joins Bellator reality series

SI.com has confirmed through multiple sources that UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture has signed into a multi-year deal with Spike TV, a property of Viacom, to appear in multiple projects for the cable channel, as well as other possible ventures within the media conglomerate's family of networks.

As a part of the multi-faceted agreement, Couture's first role will be as a coach in the forthcoming Bellator MMA reality Series, which begins shooting in February and airs later this year.

Spike TV will unveil this industry-shifting announcement on Feb. 5 during a press conference in Los Angeles, where Couture and Spike TV president Kevin Kay will discuss details of the agreement and what the 49-year-old retired fighter's role will be on the Bellator series and possibly other Spike-broadcasted projects. The series is expected to feature a number of current and up-and-coming Bellator fighters.

Read Full Article by Loretta Hunt:
1/29/13 11:28 AM
BigWilliam
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is gonna have a melt down.
1/29/13 11:29 AM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Woooooooooooo
1/29/13 11:30 AM
caposa
1657 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I'm pretty sure thats why we saw Chael in Randy's FOX position this past Saturday

definitely interesting news

atlantis_ninjah
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good shit, Randy has always been his own man doing his own thing, Dana's not going to have a meltdown, hes not going to pretend to own Randy anymore, he cant sue him again, it just means he wont get a morality enforcer job with the ufc, lol.
Anderson Ducking Weidman

game on

1/29/13 11:31 AM
ender852
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is still under contract with zufa, never completed the fights on it. Phone Post
1/29/13 11:32 AM
Card
1990 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/29/13 11:36 AM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder who the other " coach" would be? Or maybe a different format?
1/29/13 11:36 AM
ABE FROMAN

Wow, this is a big move for Bellator. BIG move.

1/29/13 11:39 AM
HenryO

I always felt like ZUFFA should have been using him as a commentator way more often, but I dont think they saw eye to eye obviously. BIg move by Bellator and Im sure theyre paying him big
1/29/13 11:40 AM
liquidrob

Frank Shamrock would be awesome as coach on one of these shows
1/29/13 11:40 AM
DrJRubenstein

Didn't see this thread, sorry about the other.

LOL.

1/29/13 11:41 AM
Lobo8

well its not the first time randy had gone his own way. Well whatever if their paying him good I dont see any problem. I guess hes going back on the ufc blacklist.
1/29/13 11:41 AM
Neil Funk

huge development for Bellator. Randy gives them legitimacy in the eyes of the casual fan. Big time move

1/29/13 11:42 AM
Brian J DSouza

HenryO - I always felt like ZUFFA should have been using him as a commentator way more often, but I dont think they saw eye to eye obviously. BIg move by Bellator and Im sure theyre paying him big

There aren't enough jobs at Zuffa for every fighter, even every star fighter, anyway.

This is a smart move by Randy and Bellator.

Wonder if Zuffa will ask for new/current fighters to sign away "all rights to coach or commentate on rival networks in perpetuity" from now on?

1/29/13 11:42 AM
FreakDaddy
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not shocked by this.....Randy and Zuffa were never really tight they and did bump heads on occasion.....Randy was never part of the family like Chuck or Matt, nor was he totally kicked out like Frank Shamrock (Although he probably is now).....Good score for Bellator........
1/29/13 11:44 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
806 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome Phone Post
1/29/13 11:46 AM
HenryO

Brian J DSouza - 
HenryO - I always felt like ZUFFA should have been using him as a commentator way more often, but I dont think they saw eye to eye obviously. BIg move by Bellator and Im sure theyre paying him big

There aren't enough jobs at Zuffa for every fighter, even every star fighter, anyway.

Wonder if Zuffa will ask for new/current fighters to sign away "all rights to coach or commentate on rival networks in perpetuity" from now on?

Well in my opinion they need a fighter commentating at all times. When they have just Rogan and Goldberg in there it is fucking terrible
1/29/13 11:47 AM
HELWIG

Couture has done whatever the F he wants from day 1. Told SEG AND Zuffa to eat shit and refused to sign away his image rights.

Had the fucking nerve to try and "resign" as the champ, without retiring.

He's too much.

1/29/13 11:48 AM
FanToFighter
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will I ever get to play as Randy on a damn UFC video game? He sold his likeness to EA for the EA MMA. Now EA does UFC? Will it happen or will he be in the bellator? Blaaaaaaarg!!! I wild each it!!!!! Phone Post
UGCTT_chuckles1
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WOW! Phone Post
Card
1990 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respect the scarf

1/29/13 11:50 AM
Toby Lerone
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian J DSouza - 

That would be contovertial to say the least. Seriously limiting a fighters abilty to make money, away from fighting, for the rest of their lfe?

1/29/13 11:50 AM
caposa

Edited: 01/29/13 11:51 AM

hmmm.. Randy's lawyer just said this to Loretta Hunt and Luke Thomas after Thomas commended her for such a good scoop:

maybe not a done deal yet?

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.