UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Chew, anyone else like this book?

1/29/13 11:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Out To Lunch
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is anyone else reading this book? It is one of my favorites at the moment. Good writing, interesting characters. Funny with action and comedy.

1/29/13 12:06 PM
paw
1558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I freaking HEART Chew.  It's awesome!

1/29/13 12:20 PM
Out To Lunch
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paw - 

Agreed!! I figured Chew wouldn't get much love on the OG, but I think it is a great book!! I'm all caught up on reading the trades for it. I'm looking forward to the next storyline to wrap up. Do you have any recommendations for good books to read?
1/29/13 8:36 PM
Alger Hiss
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes
1/30/13 12:33 AM
beff
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's the only series I buy as soon as it comes out!
1/30/13 2:04 AM
MarkRobinson
1418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive heard of it but never read any. 

Isnt the main guy a forensic detective that gets clues from the dead by eating pieces of them or something like that? 

1/30/13 8:00 AM
Out To Lunch

MarkRobinson - 

Ive heard of it but never read any. 

Isnt the main guy a forensic detective that gets clues from the dead by eating pieces of them or something like that? 

Yeah, that's the gist of it, except he's a FDA officer. The premise wasn't that interesting to me, but I kept reading good reviews about it, so I picked it up one day and I was hooked.
1/30/13 8:03 AM
MarkRobinson
1418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks, ill try and check it out. 

1/30/13 7:47 PM
MrMead
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paw - 

Yup me too! Chogs are coming out in a few months from here....

http://www.skeltoncrewstudio.com/news.html

They have some great stuff and a few hundred dollards of my money. Fucking Locke and Key keys.
1/30/13 8:53 PM
MrMead
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Out To Lunch -
paw - 

Agreed!! I figured Chew wouldn't get much love on the OG, but I think it is a great book!! I'm all caught up on reading the trades for it. I'm looking forward to the next storyline to wrap up. Do you have any recommendations for good books to read?
Manhattan Projects
Nowhere Men Phone Post
1/30/13 8:59 PM
hagisan
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very good book. It has a lot of humor in it. Phone Post
1/30/13 9:40 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My GF loves it. I haven't been able to get into it, I find the art off-putting.

1/31/13 8:19 AM
Out To Lunch

MrMead - 
Out To Lunch -
paw - 

Manhattan Projects
Nowhere Men Phone Post

Thanks, I will check those books out.
1/31/13 8:21 AM
Out To Lunch

CharlesLewis - 

My GF loves it. I haven't been able to get into it, I find the art off-putting.

The art is definitely different. It wouldn't work in a superhero book. I think the artwork is good for Chew, but I don't know how well it would work on another title.

Sounds like you have a keeper, a girlfriend that reads comics. Awesome!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.