UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> GG Game of Thrones

2/6/13 2:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigWilliam
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SPOILER

I have to admit after reading the Red Wedding I went online and looked up Walder Frey on the wiki to see what happened to him. I cannot remember the last time I wanted to murder a character from a book so much.
2/6/13 3:23 PM
LittleKang
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - SPOILER

I have to admit after reading the Red Wedding I went online and looked up Walder Frey on the wiki to see what happened to him. I cannot remember the last time I wanted to murder a character from a book so much.
The Frey's and Boltons are easily most disgusting of families Phone Post
2/6/13 3:29 PM
BigWilliam
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

'A naked man has few secrets, a flayed man has none.' KILL HIM! KILL KILL KILL!
2/6/13 3:36 PM
Daredevil73
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd read where Vargo Hoat has been cast. I guess the Brave Companions will appear after all.

I'm looking forward to seeing Beric Dondarrion.
2/6/13 3:54 PM
LittleKang
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daredevil73 - I'd read where Vargo Hoat has been cast. I guess the Brave Companions will appear after all.

I'm looking forward to seeing Beric Dondarrion.
Beric vs Hound! Phone Post
2/6/13 4:00 PM
BigWilliam

I saw a listing for leader of the Bloody Mummers, but I thought the name was different. Maybe that was just a member and not the leader.
2/7/13 2:44 AM
bogle1
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking forward to seeing beric and the red viper =) Phone Post
2/7/13 4:40 PM
RedFox3
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly, the end of A Dance of Dragons pissed me off slightly more than the Red Wedding. Which families/factions are you guys rooting for? I don't think the Starks count anymore so I'm going with the Martels and Jon Snow's Nightswatch. Phone Post
2/7/13 5:35 PM
LittleKang

RedFox3 - Honestly, the end of A Dance of Dragons pissed me off slightly more than the Red Wedding. Which families/factions are you guys rooting for? I don't think the Starks count anymore so I'm going with the Martels and Jon Snow's Nightswatch. Phone Post
Martels, Greyjoys or the brother lannisters. Phone Post
2/7/13 5:55 PM
dizz
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Martells are the best house around
2/7/13 8:26 PM
Zenoplata
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - SPOILER

Don't worry homie, Lord Manderly and Robett Glover are gonna fuck some shit up.

2/7/13 8:31 PM
Zenoplata
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RedFox3 -  Honestly, the end of A Dance of Dragons pissed me off slightly more than the Red Wedding. Which families/factions are you guys rooting for? I don't think the Starks count anymore so I'm going with the Martels and Jon Snow's Nightswatch. Phone Post

Starks totally count.

Arya is a boss, Sansa is making herself a legit player, Bran is arguably one of the most powerful people/beings in Westeros, Rickon is a little bad ass in the making and Jon Snow is going to be one of the major players in the entire story.

Plus the Stark sympathizers are quietly biding their time. The Glovers and Manderlys are just itching to get their revenge, Greatjon is still alive and the Mormonts have revenge on their midn as well. Oh, and don't forget Howlan mother fuckin' Reed has even shown up yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see Howlan Reed, Greatjon, Robbett Glover, Manderly and that Mormont chick to declare Jon king after Robb's decree that he is the new King of the North is heard.

2/7/13 8:35 PM
Zenoplata

Oh, and don't forget the Blackfish. He's not a very happy camper either.

2/7/13 11:34 PM
RedFox3
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - 
RedFox3 -  Honestly, the end of A Dance of Dragons pissed me off slightly more than the Red Wedding. Which families/factions are you guys rooting for? I don't think the Starks count anymore so I'm going with the Martels and Jon Snow's Nightswatch. Phone Post

Starks totally count.

Arya is a boss, Sansa is making herself a legit player, Bran is arguably one of the most powerful people/beings in Westeros, Rickon is a little bad ass in the making and Jon Snow is going to be one of the major players in the entire story.

Plus the Stark sympathizers are quietly biding their time. The Glovers and Manderlys are just itching to get their revenge, Greatjon is still alive and the Mormonts have revenge on their midn as well. Oh, and don't forget Howlan mother fuckin' Reed has even shown up yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see Howlan Reed, Greatjon, Robbett Glover, Manderly and that Mormont chick to declare Jon king after Robb's decree that he is the new King of the North is heard.

I understand that they aren't vanquished or anything, but their power base is completely wrecked. Bran won't be leading any battles, Arya is completely isolated, Rickon is 4(nuff said), and I would say Sansa is pretty much Littlefinger's puppet.

I agree that Jon would be an utter badass as King of the North, but he already had the chance to join Robb and decided to stay in the Nightswatch and I have yet to see a reason as to why he would change things now.

On a separate subject, did the chapters with Catelyn's point of view piss you guys off? I swear, between her irrational distrust of Jon, completely screwing up the whole "Jaime Lannister is our prisoner" thing, and the total lack of respect she has for her brother when he couldn't light his father's funeral pyre,I was almost happy when *SPOILER*

she got killed.
2/8/13 11:59 AM
bogle1
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RedFox3 -
Zenoplata - 

Starks totally count.

I understand that they aren't vanquished or anything, but their power base is completely wrecked. Bran won't be leading any battles, Arya is completely isolated, Rickon is 4(nuff said), and I would say Sansa is pretty much Littlefinger's puppet.

I agree that Jon would be an utter badass as King of the North, but he already had the chance to join Robb and decided to stay in the Nightswatch and I have yet to see a reason as to why he would change things now.

On a separate subject, did the chapters with Catelyn's point of view piss you guys off? I swear, between her irrational distrust of Jon, completely screwing up the whole "Jaime Lannister is our prisoner" thing, and the total lack of respect she has for her brother when he couldn't light his father's funeral pyre,I was almost happy when *SPOILER*

she got killed.
This I fucking hated her chapters and her Phone Post
2/8/13 3:42 PM
Zenoplata

RedFox3 - 
Zenoplata - 

Starks totally count.

she got killed.

SPOILERS

Bran could easily warg into some other person/thing and cause some mayhem.

Currently, Maege Mormont and Galbert Glover are searching for Howlan Reed with Robb's decree as to who his heir shall be. Jon Snow was just betrayed by the Night's Watch (apparently dead, most likely to be ressurected by Melisandre which will technically relieve him of his duties "til death.") And why did the NW betray Jon? Oh yeah, because he decided to join the war, leading his army down to fuck up Ramsay and Roose.

With Stannis apparently defeated and Melisandre itching closer and closer to realizing Jon is Azor Ashai or whatever, I think it's safe to say Jon could easily be taking control of the remnants of Stannis and Robb's armies.

I'm guessing that Maege, Galbert and Howland Reed show up with a shitload of crannogmen in time to help Jon Snow seige Winterfell/Dreadfort along with Robbett, Manderly and the Umbers betraying them from within. Greatjon is set loose and fucks some people up etc.

With Jon suddenly coming into power over the collected banners of the north, it would be very convenient to have an opponent for Danaerys and/or Euron's and Young Griff's armies.

And Sansa is more than just Littlefinger's puppet at this point. She's turning into a little boss. Who knows what'll happen with Arya, potentially lead an army of wolves? Assassinate Cersei? Could be a lot that happens.

And Rickon is 4, but he's still important in name. The banners can form around him. Tommen is of similar age, and let's not forget Robb was out killing grown men at like 12 or 13.

2/8/13 5:17 PM
BaldTony
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - 

Starks totally count.

Howland Reed is basically immortal until we get his POV chapter talking about the Tower of Joy.

2/8/13 5:22 PM
Zenoplata

Lol, imagine if GRRM is like, AND MAEGE FINDS HOWLAND REED.... DEAD!

2/8/13 5:36 PM
BaldTony
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What does the GG think about Reed and the ToJ?

Just how did he save Ned from the Sword of the Morning?

Did he warg into Dayne and allow Ned to kill him?
2/8/13 7:13 PM
Zenoplata

I don't think Howland is a warg. He either shot him with a dart or convinced him verbally that Ned was trying to do the right thing. If Lyanna really was in the tower I think it's likely that Howland convinced Dayne of Ned's honor and sincerity in raising the son.

2/8/13 7:48 PM
dizz
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah cuz Dayne could have cut through all 7 of them while taking a piss with his left hand if he had really wanted to
2/9/13 12:13 AM
RedFox3

Zenoplata - 
RedFox3 - 
Zenoplata - 

Starks totally count.

she got killed.

SPOILERS

Bran could easily warg into some other person/thing and cause some mayhem.

Currently, Maege Mormont and Galbert Glover are searching for Howlan Reed with Robb's decree as to who his heir shall be. Jon Snow was just betrayed by the Night's Watch (apparently dead, most likely to be ressurected by Melisandre which will technically relieve him of his duties "til death.") And why did the NW betray Jon? Oh yeah, because he decided to join the war, leading his army down to fuck up Ramsay and Roose.

With Stannis apparently defeated and Melisandre itching closer and closer to realizing Jon is Azor Ashai or whatever, I think it's safe to say Jon could easily be taking control of the remnants of Stannis and Robb's armies.

I'm guessing that Maege, Galbert and Howland Reed show up with a shitload of crannogmen in time to help Jon Snow seige Winterfell/Dreadfort along with Robbett, Manderly and the Umbers betraying them from within. Greatjon is set loose and fucks some people up etc.

With Jon suddenly coming into power over the collected banners of the north, it would be very convenient to have an opponent for Danaerys and/or Euron's and Young Griff's armies.

And Sansa is more than just Littlefinger's puppet at this point. She's turning into a little boss. Who knows what'll happen with Arya, potentially lead an army of wolves? Assassinate Cersei? Could be a lot that happens.

And Rickon is 4, but he's still important in name. The banners can form around him. Tommen is of similar age, and let's not forget Robb was out killing grown men at like 12 or 13.

SPOILERS

Sure Bran can cause mayhem, but the Martels are in a position to really cause chaos. Prince Doran has been planning revenge for more than a decade, and I'm sure we all agree he's a crafty mofo.

Yes Jon was betrayed, but we don't even know if he's dead. For all we know he lost consciousness while the 5 guys who betrayed him were torn apart. He hadn't joined the war either, he was answering a personal challenge that a madman with an army threw at him, you can't blame him for asking if anyone else cared to join him.

My guess is that Stannis was defeated to the same degree that Sir Davos was killed.

Sansa is totally a puppet! Sure she will eventually be very powerful, but so far everything has been handed to her. 50% chance Littlefinger rapes her next book. I bet that Arya won't be back in Westeros until the end of the next book at the least.

Any banners that form around Rickon will likely be stupid or looking to replace the Roose as Warden of the North, they won't have the interest of a 4 year old at heart. As of right now the Starks are out of contention. I'm not saying they can't stir things up at the trade deadline and make a playoff run, but it seems unlikely at this point.

That said your scenario doesn't sound too far fetched considering that it seems like every faction already at war has already exhausted themselves.
2/9/13 1:20 PM
Zenoplata

I agree that Dorne is going to do some boss ass shit in the next couple books, I think they'll back Aegon and try to marry him to Arianne or something.

Even without the Starks, Manderly and Glover are sewing the seeds to get revenge on the Freys and Boltons. It'll be epic if Lord Lamprey smothers that old ass Walder Frey under his giant fat ass.

2/9/13 2:46 PM
RedFox3

Zenoplata - 

I agree that Dorne is going to do some boss ass shit in the next couple books, I think they'll back Aegon and try to marry him to Arianne or something.

Even without the Starks, Manderly and Glover are sewing the seeds to get revenge on the Freys and Boltons. It'll be epic if Lord Lamprey smothers that old ass Walder Frey under his giant fat ass.

The good thing about Walder Frey is that he's managed to provide GRRM the means to make a book where a Frey gets killed every chapter. OMG what if that becomes Arya's storyline? That would be awesome!
2/9/13 2:58 PM
Zenoplata

Arya as new leader of the Brotherhood Without Banners?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.