UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> GG Game of Thrones

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/9/13 3:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gracie killar
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - 

Arya as new leader of the Brotherhood Without Banners?

I like that idea. I haven't gotten around to reading it but GRRM released two or three pov chapters from winds of winter last year anybody read them?
2/9/13 4:27 PM
RedFox3
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - 

Arya as new leader of the Brotherhood Without Banners?

I'd almost prefer it if she did by herself. It seems alot scarier when one girl is killing off your family by herself as opposed to having a bunch of vengeful guys who follow the orders of a zombie help her.
2/10/13 4:52 PM
JSho
530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RedFox3 - 
Zenoplata - 
RedFox3 -  Honestly, the end of A Dance of Dragons pissed me off slightly more than the Red Wedding. Which families/factions are you guys rooting for? I don't think the Starks count anymore so I'm going with the Martels and Jon Snow's Nightswatch. Phone Post

Starks totally count.

Arya is a boss, Sansa is making herself a legit player, Bran is arguably one of the most powerful people/beings in Westeros, Rickon is a little bad ass in the making and Jon Snow is going to be one of the major players in the entire story.

Plus the Stark sympathizers are quietly biding their time. The Glovers and Manderlys are just itching to get their revenge, Greatjon is still alive and the Mormonts have revenge on their midn as well. Oh, and don't forget Howlan mother fuckin' Reed has even shown up yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see Howlan Reed, Greatjon, Robbett Glover, Manderly and that Mormont chick to declare Jon king after Robb's decree that he is the new King of the North is heard.

I understand that they aren't vanquished or anything, but their power base is completely wrecked. Bran won't be leading any battles, Arya is completely isolated, Rickon is 4(nuff said), and I would say Sansa is pretty much Littlefinger's puppet.

I agree that Jon would be an utter badass as King of the North, but he already had the chance to join Robb and decided to stay in the Nightswatch and I have yet to see a reason as to why he would change things now.

On a separate subject, did the chapters with Catelyn's point of view piss you guys off? I swear, between her irrational distrust of Jon, completely screwing up the whole "Jaime Lannister is our prisoner" thing, and the total lack of respect she has for her brother when he couldn't light his father's funeral pyre,I was almost happy when *SPOILER*

she got killed.

i take it you haven't read a feast for crows yet?
2/10/13 6:04 PM
RedFox3
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JSho - 
RedFox3 - 
Zenoplata - 
RedFox3 -  Honestly, the end of A Dance of Dragons pissed me off slightly more than the Red Wedding. Which families/factions are you guys rooting for? I don't think the Starks count anymore so I'm going with the Martels and Jon Snow's Nightswatch. Phone Post

Starks totally count.

Arya is a boss, Sansa is making herself a legit player, Bran is arguably one of the most powerful people/beings in Westeros, Rickon is a little bad ass in the making and Jon Snow is going to be one of the major players in the entire story.

Plus the Stark sympathizers are quietly biding their time. The Glovers and Manderlys are just itching to get their revenge, Greatjon is still alive and the Mormonts have revenge on their midn as well. Oh, and don't forget Howlan mother fuckin' Reed has even shown up yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see Howlan Reed, Greatjon, Robbett Glover, Manderly and that Mormont chick to declare Jon king after Robb's decree that he is the new King of the North is heard.

I understand that they aren't vanquished or anything, but their power base is completely wrecked. Bran won't be leading any battles, Arya is completely isolated, Rickon is 4(nuff said), and I would say Sansa is pretty much Littlefinger's puppet.

I agree that Jon would be an utter badass as King of the North, but he already had the chance to join Robb and decided to stay in the Nightswatch and I have yet to see a reason as to why he would change things now.

On a separate subject, did the chapters with Catelyn's point of view piss you guys off? I swear, between her irrational distrust of Jon, completely screwing up the whole "Jaime Lannister is our prisoner" thing, and the total lack of respect she has for her brother when he couldn't light his father's funeral pyre,I was almost happy when *SPOILER*

she got killed.

i take it you haven't read a feast for crows yet?

I have, but until such time as we get another POV chapter for Catelyn I will operate under the belief that she's just a zombie.
2/10/13 9:38 PM
LittleKang
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iTg20x7w2s&feature=youtube_gdata_player Phone Post
2/11/13 1:44 AM
Zenoplata
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I mean, she is a zombie I guess, but she can still communicate with people and understands what is going on and stuff.

Berric wasn't completely off his rocker, just slowly losing his memories, I don't think she's much different, just more deformed.

2/11/13 7:39 AM
Edgars3FightLosingstreak
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't read any of this because I wanted to avoid spoilers, but I just started book four. 3 has been my favorite, but I had seen the first teo seasons before I read the first two books.

When the Red Wedding happened and Robb, Cat,and Arya (I realize she didn't die now, but at the time he tricked me). died I has to put the book down and take a walk.

Reading AFFC, I am interested in the Dornish people, but I don't care about Brienne so much. Jon is my favorite character by far because we have a fuck ton in common.

I've never been into fantasy, but this shit is amazing to me. I saw one of you say that 4 and 5 are no good, but I have to read on and find out for myself. Phone Post
2/11/13 9:49 AM
Zenoplata
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brienne actually becomes pretty interesting, I hated her at first too.

Her and Jaime's storyline becomes good I think.

2/11/13 10:01 AM
BigWilliam
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am only a little ways into 4, it's good so far. I am wondering if the shift to following other characters is part of what irked people.
2/11/13 12:09 PM
Edgars3FightLosingstreak
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata -

So it continues beyond 3? Phone Post
2/11/13 2:31 PM
BigWilliam
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She is in the fourth book. And is a great character. I like how her example kind of pulled Jaime back from the darkside.
2/11/13 2:33 PM
LittleKang
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - She is in the fourth book. And is a great character. I like how her example kind of pulled Jaime back from the darkside.
And looks like she will be back in six Phone Post
2/11/13 2:41 PM
Zenoplata

Edited: 02/11/13 8:48 PM

dub

2/11/13 2:41 PM
Zenoplata

Edgars3FightLosingstreak - 
Zenoplata -

So it continues beyond 3? Phone Post

Yeah. Jaime takes an interesting turn and Brienne gets involved with some cool characters you might be happy to see again, also some that people love to hate. And one you won't even realize is there if I don't tell you.

2/11/13 8:30 PM
RedFox3

Hey here's a random question for you guys.

If Cersei was going to make a modern day resume, what would she put under "Skills"?
2/11/13 8:35 PM
LittleKang

RedFox3 - Hey here's a random question for you guys.

If Cersei was going to make a modern day resume, what would she put under "Skills"?
Brother fucker Phone Post
2/11/13 8:38 PM
LittleKang

RedFox3 - Hey here's a random question for you guys.

She is not cunning, not quick, not sly.
She is lucky to be born into a rich family and was only.married to Robert to solidify the realm.
Her power comes from her name and thats it and you will see that in the last two books Phone Post
2/11/13 8:51 PM
Zenoplata

RedFox3 - Hey here's a random question for you guys.

Willing to fuck her way to the top.

Willing to throw others under the bus and take credit for their achievements.

2/11/13 9:04 PM
RedFox3

Zenoplata - 
RedFox3 - Hey here's a random question for you guys.

Willing to fuck her way to the top.

Willing to throw others under the bus and take credit for their achievements.

I going to interpret that as "Persuasive" and that second one is more of an attribute.
2/11/13 9:28 PM
Zenoplata

Persuasive and ambitious?

2/12/13 10:55 AM
BigWilliam

Cersei is not half as clever as she likes to think. If not for her father and dead husband she wouldn't accomplish shit.
2/12/13 10:00 PM
Edgars3FightLosingstreak

Cersai will help you earn your red wings. Phone Post
2/12/13 10:54 PM
JSho
530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - She is in the fourth book. And is a great character. I like how her example kind of pulled Jaime back from the darkside.
Briefly in the 5th too no? Phone Post
2/13/13 1:31 AM
Zenoplata

MAJOR SPOILER!!!!

Yes, she appears in the 5th book, apparently Lady Stoneheart does not actually hang her.

2/19/13 7:27 AM
Edgars3FightLosingstreak

Starting ADWD today.

Everyone so far has severely underestimated Littlefinger. Cersai is easily the most hateable character, that short tempered cunt. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.