UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> GG Game of Thrones

2/19/13 9:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigWilliam
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Littlefinger and Varys are the most dangerous men who ever lived.

Book four finished, am just getting into book 5 now. I think four was very good. It was not focused on the characters I might have wanted it to be focused on, but still very good.
2/19/13 10:03 AM
Edgars3FightLosingstreak
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - Littlefinger and Varys are the most dangerous men who ever lived.

Book four finished, am just getting into book 5 now. I think four was very good. It was not focused on the characters I might have wanted it to be focused on, but still very good.
I fucking loved the focus on Jaime and Brienne. Not so much the Greyjoys. Jaime is the secret savior of King's Landing and he never says shit about it. Phone Post
2/19/13 10:39 AM
BigWilliam
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree, I really liked Jaime's chapters. Brienne's I liked. Cersei's were excellent story wise, but they made me want to reach into the pages and choke her to death with my bare hands. The main redeeming quality of her story was watching her self destruct with her ridiculous schemes.

I also really liked Arya and Sam's chapters, just would have liked more of them. So I understand people being a little let down with the 4th book after that amazing 3rd one. But I don't think it's because the writing changed or was not as good.
3/21/13 1:13 PM
The Za
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edgars3FightLosingstreak - 

I fucking loved the focus on Jaime and Brienne. Not so much the Greyjoys. Jaime is the secret savior of King's Landing and he never says shit about it. Phone Post

FInished ADWD yesterday and went on a 24 hour fan theory binge, now I have to start the whole fucking series over.  I don't know if it was over exposure to the material or what, but I never once picked up on Jon being Lyanna's son with Rhaeger.  

I was also under the impression that Dany is Azor Azhai, just based off of her being born of salt and fire, but I guess that could still happen with Jon.  I'm interested in finding out more about HE WHO SHOULD NOT BE NAMED.  Who are his agents?  Who the fuck is he?  Do the children of the forest work for him?  We've seen all of these fire worshipping agents of R'hollor, now where the fuck are the servents of darkness?  I'm starting to wonder if maybe Arya and Bran are working for the darkness and may end up on the other side of the line from Jon.  

This is "Edgars3FightLosingStreak" btw.  

3/21/13 2:27 PM
RedFox3
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Za -
Edgars3FightLosingstreak - 

FInished ADWD yesterday and went on a 24 hour fan theory binge, now I have to start the whole fucking series over.  I don't know if it was over exposure to the material or what, but I never once picked up on Jon being Lyanna's son with Rhaeger.  

I was also under the impression that Dany is Azor Azhai, just based off of her being born of salt and fire, but I guess that could still happen with Jon.  I'm interested in finding out more about HE WHO SHOULD NOT BE NAMED.  Who are his agents?  Who the fuck is he?  Do the children of the forest work for him?  We've seen all of these fire worshipping agents of R'hollor, now where the fuck are the servents of darkness?  I'm starting to wonder if maybe Arya and Bran are working for the darkness and may end up on the other side of the line from Jon.  

This is "Edgars3FightLosingStreak" btw.  

Wait, where the hell does it say Jon is Lyanna's son woth Rhaegar? I totally missed that part! Phone Post
3/21/13 2:55 PM
BigWilliam

It is only a theory Red, there is no proof at this time. The theory goes like this.

During Robert's Rebellion the three best Kingsguard knights, Gerold Hightower, Arthur Dayne and Oswell Whent were not with Rhaegar at the Battle of the Trident. Nor where they in King's Landing protecting the mad king. They were at the Tower of Joy and stayed there guarding Lyanna Stark until Eddard arrived with six companions to find her.

They refused to back down, even though the war was over at that point. They had given their oaths to protect Lyanna at all costs.

“I looked for you on the Trident,” Ned said to them.
“We were not there,” Ser Gerold answered.
“Woe to the Usurper if we had been,” said Ser Oswell.
“When King's Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were.”
“Far away,” Ser Gerold said, “or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells.”
“I came down on Storm's End to lift the siege,” Ned told them, and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them.”
“Our knees do not bend easily,” said Ser Arthur Dayne.
“Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him.”
“Ser Willem is a good man and true,” said Ser Oswell.
“But not of the Kingsguard,” Ser Gerold pointed out. “The Kingsguard does not flee.”
“Then or now,” said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.
“We swore a vow,” explained old Ser Gerold.
Ned’s wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.
“And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.
“No,” Ned said with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends.”

This was all in a fever dream of Ned's in the first book. So why, why leave your three best knights to guard one captive woman? Of that last fight only Ned and Howland Reed survived. They found Lyanna on a blood soaked bed and she demanded that Ned make her a promise, a promise he had to keep no matter what. So what was that promise? Why was she bleeding? What if that bed was a birthing bed and the last promise she get from Ned was, 'Protect my son.'?

Ned returns from war with a bastard son whose mother he will not speak of. What is that boy was really the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna? He couldn't tell Robert for certain, Robert would have had him executed on the spot.

Now there are other theories about Jon Snow, and this is only a theory, but it does fit the evidence nicely.
3/21/13 3:15 PM
paw
1435 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - It is only a theory Red, there is no proof at this time. The theory goes like this.

During Robert's Rebellion the three best Kingsguard knights, Gerold Hightower, Arthur Dayne and Oswell Whent were not with Rhaegar at the Battle of the Trident. Nor where they in King's Landing protecting the mad king. They were at the Tower of Joy and stayed there guarding Lyanna Stark until Eddard arrived with six companions to find her.

They refused to back down, even though the war was over at that point. They had given their oaths to protect Lyanna at all costs.

“When King's Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were.”
“Far away,” Ser Gerold said, “or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells.”
“I came down on Storm's End to lift the siege,” Ned told them, and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them.”
“Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him.”
“But not of the Kingsguard,” Ser Gerold pointed out. “The Kingsguard does not flee.”
Ned’s wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.
“And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

This was all in a fever dream of Ned's in the first book. So why, why leave your three best knights to guard one captive woman? Of that last fight only Ned and Howland Reed survived. They found Lyanna on a blood soaked bed and she demanded that Ned make her a promise, a promise he had to keep no matter what. So what was that promise? Why was she bleeding? What if that bed was a birthing bed and the last promise she get from Ned was, 'Protect my son.'?

Ned returns from war with a bastard son whose mother he will not speak of. What is that boy was really the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna? He couldn't tell Robert for certain, Robert would have had him executed on the spot.

Now there are other theories about Jon Snow, and this is only a theory, but it does fit the evidence nicely.

Three bad@ss Kingsguard, right there.

3/21/13 3:16 PM
BaldTony
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

By luck more than judgement, I thought there was something up with Jon's parentage right from the very beginning. The way Ned refers to him having Stark blood, but not directly saying he was his son. It just seemed strange to me. Didn't reason out who the mother & father were though, just not Ned(if it's true).

If you want some more of the R+L=J backstory, read up on the Knight of the Laughing Tree story that Jojen Reed tells Bran in Book 2.
3/21/13 4:05 PM
Gabe Sacchetti
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Book 3 is by far the best so far... I can't wait for this season it should be epic!!! Phone Post
3/21/13 4:15 PM
BigWilliam

I liked book 5 just about as much as 3.
3/21/13 5:18 PM
RedFox3
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - It is only a theory Red, there is no proof at this time. The theory goes like this.

That makes sense, but if it's true th Phone Post
3/21/13 5:20 PM
RedFox3

RedFox3 -
BigWilliam - It is only a theory Red, there is no proof at this time. The theory goes like this.

That makes sense, but if it's true th Phone Post
Then that makes the Targaryen claims to the throne even more complicated. Phone Post
3/22/13 8:48 PM
edwims
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paw - 
BigWilliam - It is only a theory Red, there is no proof at this time. The theory goes like this.

Three bad@ss Kingsguard, right there.

favorite passage from the books....gives me chills...

3/24/13 9:21 PM
killacox
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

here is that scene in comic book form:

http://moseisleyspaceport138.tumblr.com/post/42730734338/no-ned-said-with-sadness-in-his-voice-now-it
3/25/13 10:11 AM
BigWilliam

It's a shame they didn't have room in the show for that scene. Would have been awesome.
3/25/13 2:38 PM
killacox

i just saw the legit martin comic book of the series has that scene in issue 13
3/25/13 2:41 PM
BigWilliam

I looked at the comics, the art style didn't really grab me.
3/25/13 11:30 PM
killacox

imagination with books is almost always better...

i dont follow the comic but i saw they did the dream panels which is cool
3/26/13 9:24 AM
BigWilliam

On the subject of Jon's birth, I watched an Emmy panel of the Game of Thrones team (hosted by Mac from Always Sunny) and one of the things George asked DB and Dan when they first met to discuss the series was "Who is Jon Snow's mother?" DB would not say what answer they gave, but the answer they gave pleased George enough that he trusted them to do the show.
3/26/13 11:47 AM
orcus

BigWilliam - I liked book 5 just about as much as 3.

I think you might be the only person in the world who has ever said that :P

3/26/13 1:36 PM
BigWilliam

I bet out of the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of people that have read the books at least one other person has said that. There is probably some crazed Cersei fan out there that has even said they like book 4 the best.
3/26/13 2:26 PM
RedFox3

orcus -
BigWilliam - I liked book 5 just about as much as 3.

I think you might be the only person in the world who has ever said that :P

I agree with him, I don't understand why people don't like book 5. Phone Post
3/26/13 2:37 PM
BigWilliam

Book 3 had the most 'FUCK YEAH!' moments. But book 5 was every bit as epic. I think the fact that it ended with unresolved issues puts it down in some peoples opinions. I look at it as a great story. Yes it left some questions I REALLY want answered. But that is not a bad thing.
3/26/13 3:01 PM
LittleKang
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3,5,2,1,4 Phone Post
3/26/13 8:07 PM
Gracie killar
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I also agree with BigWilliam Book 5 was amazing.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.