UnderGround Forums

Boxing UnderGround >> If Jimmy Bivins fought Joe Louis in 1943?

1/29/13 6:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
oblongo
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe beat Bivins in 1951 when they were both past their primes.

But how do you think it would have gone down in late 1943, when Bivins was at his peak? Joe had been inactive for over a year at that point, so let's stipulate he could have had a couple of tuneup fights earlier in the year.
1/30/13 12:29 AM
Chappie
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think that Louis would have still been too much for Bivins in 43. Bivins was probably at his peak around that time period having beat Charles and a few other top fighters, but he also got tagged with a few losses as well. Louis competed a couple times in 42 and looked good on both occassion. Louis looked like shit in 46 when he fought his rematch with Conn, but that was after he had ben inactive for 2+ years. Phone Post
1/30/13 2:42 PM
martinburke
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see Bivins having the style to take Louis. I don't think Bivins would have turned Louis nearly enough, and wasn't slick or strong enough in the clinches to keep Louis off balance.

If you allowed Louis to set his feet, you were taking a nap.
2/1/13 2:16 PM
pharochuck
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
martinburke - I don't see Bivins having the style to take Louis. I don't think Bivins would have turned Louis nearly enough, and wasn't slick or strong enough in the clinches to keep Louis off balance.

If you allowed Louis to set his feet, you were taking a nap.

once again with the correct

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.