UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Need rest/recovery advice before fight

1/29/13 10:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KingGo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope this isnt WFA, i apologize in advance if it is.

So I fight on the 9th, second one in a months time, and im showing signs overtaining. I'm fatiguing quickly, its harder to push through conditioning sessions, I'm lacking motivation to go to practice or work out, so I know my body needs a rest. Problem is, im still 11 days out from my fight, and im afraid going into rest/recovery mode this early might actually deteriate some of my cardio (I usually keep traing til the monday before the fight).

So my question is, should I take the extra few days to rest or should I push through til regular rest week? If I do take the time off, what sort of exercises or workouts could I do to keep from decline? Thanks in advance for any help guys Phone Post
1/30/13 12:39 AM
NeoSpartan
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for some better opinions.

Meanwhile... You ever try epsom salt baths? Can you get in an extra day of recovery and just SLEEP?
1/30/13 3:49 AM
Leigh
955 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11 days when your over stressed is not a bad thing but I would add a maintenance session on Monday. Do nothing until then Phone Post
1/30/13 1:07 PM
KingGo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks guys. Havent tried the bath salts before, looking into what theyre all about now. Phone Post
1/30/13 6:40 PM
NeoSpartan
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whoa whoa NOT BATH SALTS :)
but epsom salt its like 6 bucks at walgreens.
The magnesium (iirc) helps your recovery. just pour it in a hot bath and soak for 20min and get some sleep.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.