UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage: The UFC didn't treat me right

1/30/13 9:09 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I didn't retire from MMA, " Rampage said ... adding, "But as of now ... I've left the UFC."

He continued ... "The UFC didn't treat me right. I don't like the way I was treated there."

So what pissed him off? Rampage says he was screwed out of cash ... and he feels betrayed over a deal involving Rampage action figures.

Jackson says he's hungry to sign a new deal with a rival MMA company so he can forget the UFC for good -- but he's contractually obligated to wait a month after his last fight until he can sign a new deal.

read entire article...

1/30/13 9:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Smith1234
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is he gone yet? He is going to be missing the "bad treatment" the UFC gave him in short order. Phone Post
1/30/13 9:14 AM
9ersKAEPedmyfudgehole
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what did BLAF say they paid him in a 6 yr span? 15.7 mil?

bitch, bitch, bitch
1/30/13 9:15 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

He feels "screwed" out of PPV buys because Dana/UFC's public figures did not match his pay. 

Yet he ignores that he has every right to demand proof of factual amount of buys as does every UFC fighter who gets PPV points.....

1/30/13 9:19 AM
Rabid Bunyip
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor Rampage - everybody conspires against him,

1/30/13 9:21 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the most memorable characters in all of MMA...I wish him the best.
1/30/13 9:26 AM
Coranamo

dat cameraman
1/30/13 9:28 AM
Vale_Tudo_83
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From the outside its hard to believe they treated him bad. Two gigs on tuf, two shots at the belt and saveing his ass from the law.

If he would have won his last few fights he wouldn't be bitching. But who knows what happend behind the scenes. Phone Post
1/30/13 9:28 AM
Stu Cazzo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SHUT

THE FUCK

UP!!!!

1/30/13 9:34 AM
Eric Bloodaxe

Rampage seems very hard to deal with. I don't know the details of the deals between Jackson and the UFC, but Dana goes extremely easy on him in the media if anything. How many fighters could publically bitch about the UFC for months throughout a three fight losing streak without BLAF firmly shutting the door?

1/30/13 9:35 AM
Gino_Corona

Maybe his good buddy Tito can talk some sense into him.

Oh wait. Phone Post
1/30/13 9:46 AM
simonpe

UFC played the media game perfectly in this one Phone Post
1/30/13 9:53 AM
simonpe

Start The Party -
simonpe -  UFC played the media game perfectly in this one Phone Post

Yes they did. They stayed quiet and let Rampage bury himself.
They stayed quite and let their "friends" in the media do the talking Phone Post
1/30/13 9:57 AM
spliff
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

didn't he say its not about the money? lol

1/30/13 10:04 AM
simonpe

Imagine if a fighter said that Bellator hustled him on sponsorship and merchandise money, the UG would go fucking nuts.

The UFC however gets no heat, at all... Phone Post
1/30/13 10:05 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
565 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have fun getting wrestled by King Mo. Phone Post
1/30/13 10:06 AM
DamnSevern
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/30/13 10:12 AM
ian4267

The UFC should have cut him after that high speed pursuit debacle. He is an ungrateful crybaby and needs to just go away. Phone Post
1/30/13 10:17 AM
in_different
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The more I think about it, the more i come to this conclusion: Rampage fucked himself

He could have retired from MMA on a high note. 1-2 more fights with easy opponents, then ride off in the sunset with a UFC job or at least in the good graces of the UFC brass and media. He could even have done some pro wrestling and boxing. He woulda looked good, and made money.

He threw that away for fighting scrubs and attempting to box for cash. At this rate, he is left broke in 10 years after retiring from fighting and his gyms have flopped.

I hope the best for him, but I hope he realizes this or succeeds in his other ventures after UFC
1/30/13 10:17 AM
simonpe

The Purp -
simonpe -  Imagine if a fighter said that Bellator hustled him on sponsorship and merchandise money, the UG would go fucking nuts.

well actually, not sure where you've been, but look up Alvarez, Eddie, and let me know if you think the UFC have done anything remotely close to this level of scumbag-ness!
That has nothing to do with Rampage getting hustled on millions without anyone caring. The term ZUFFA Zombies comes to mind... Phone Post
1/30/13 10:22 AM
carcaju
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

simonpe -  Imagine if a fighter said that Bellator hustled him on sponsorship and merchandise money, the UG would go fucking nuts.

If 16 mil is getting hustled, i cant wait to get screwed over by the ufc. Put it in perspective please.
1/30/13 10:25 AM
simonpe

simonpe -
The Purp -

well actually, not sure where you've been, but look up Alvarez, Eddie, and let me know if you think the UFC have done anything remotely close to this level of scumbag-ness!
That has nothing to do with Rampage getting hustled on millions without anyone caring. The term ZUFFA Zombies comes to mind... Phone Post
And I don't undertsand what you are trying to say? Are you saying the UG didn't go nuts?

Bellator trying to keep the little talent they have by matching a contract in a legal way = UG goes nuts

UFC scamming a legent on sponsorship and merch money = "Rampage is a crybaby" Phone Post
1/30/13 10:26 AM
jimbonice

TheBigBadBootyDaddy - I guess he forgets UFC swept a dead baby under the carpet for him...

Yeah they didn't treat him right. Phone Post
That was the day I lost respect for rampage as a person. I enjoyed some of his fights, but ..... Phone Post
1/30/13 10:26 AM
spliff
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

40 min interview 3 days after the fight

Farewell to the UFC: 0:26
* The Good Times in the UFC: 16:48
* Glover Teixeira: 20:05
* I Like My Women... : 28:00
* The Motorboat Incident: 29:48
* The Problem with Jiu Jitsu: 38:40

1/30/13 10:28 AM
simonpe

carcaju -

If 16 mil is getting hustled, i cant wait to get screwed over by the ufc. Put it in perspective please.
And how much money do you think the UFC made on Rampage? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.