UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Id like to try a new gi. Recommendations?

1/30/13 10:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jessy30
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am about 200 lbs 6ft wide up top, 34-36 inch waist. Most of my height in my legs. Fuji fits great, love my fujis, cheap, last a long time. Probably will get more but I would like to try another brand. I have tried padilla and sons but because of my wide shoulders (i think) it bubbles out in my rib cage. Great gi otherwise though! I have a furia but I feel like the skirt is too long, also great gi otherwise. Does anyone else have a similar build and love the fit of their gi? Phone Post
1/30/13 10:04 AM
Jessy30
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ft tall and wide in the shoulders. That didn't read right. Phone Post
1/30/13 10:17 AM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Atama Mundial fits your size. Nice gi too but a little pricey. Phone Post
1/30/13 1:34 PM
chitownbjj
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Checkout KillerBee new custom gis?

http://killerbeegi.com/ Phone Post
1/30/13 2:05 PM
krept
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure, but have you tried talking to a seamstress, like one that could work for a local dry cleaning place? It sounds like the alterations to make that fit would be more technical than usual, but it may be worth a shot to ask.
1/30/13 2:06 PM
Jessy30

Thanks guys...ill look into those options. Phone Post
1/30/13 2:19 PM
Hugh Jaynus
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm about the same size and my Killer Bee is my favorite. I had the same issues with the Padilla and Sons. I've worn a lot of others, but the Killer Bee has been the best fit/quality/price combination for me.
1/30/13 4:43 PM
shark tank
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm 5'10 210-215 and have big shoulders. The hemp sensation gi is awesome. and it would probably fit you a bit better than it fits me. I find the sleeves are about an inch too long even after i have dried it. the gi is light and is by far the softest gi i have ever owned or felt.
1/30/13 4:47 PM
BigEyedFish
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

im wide up top too and I find that a lot of kimonos are uncomfortable under my arms (I have a broad back, shoulders, and chest).

I bought a Manto and I really like it.

I own a ton of kimonos too.
1/30/13 5:54 PM
The Noose

BigEyedFish - im wide up top too and I find that a lot of kimonos are uncomfortable under my arms (I have a broad back, shoulders, and chest).

This ^^^ Manto are well made. Really comfortable, solid but not too heavy.

OP- Ive got a manto gi that Ill sell cheap. Its an A3, but it is HUGE for an A3. Id bet it would fit you perfectly. Im about 5"10, 210-220 and it was a hair long on me in both the arms and the legs, but fit well through the chest. Its seen very little mat time. Let me know if you are interested and Ill pm you my contact info.
1/30/13 5:59 PM
The Noose

That last post of mine sure seemed "used car salesman" ish. lol Didnt mean to come across like that. they really are good gis. I havent been training much, otherwise I wouldnt try to sell it. Its too nice to just hang there in the closet.
1/30/13 10:27 PM
shoudawhouda
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always recommend Padilla and Sons in gi threads. Great product. Phone Post
1/30/13 10:32 PM
swiftnhbfighter

Idos gis are the best in my opinion. Phone Post
1/30/13 11:25 PM
mmanthebay

Mizuno Shiai size 3.5
Fuji All Around #7000 Phone Post
1/30/13 11:48 PM
thebasher

shoudawhouda -  I always recommend Padilla and Sons in gi threads. Great product. Phone Post

reading comprehension not your strong suit eh?
1/31/13 10:04 AM
Blkbelt39
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm 6'1" 240 with wide shoulders. My atama fits awesome. I just got a tatami a-5 that fits perfect plus it's almost $100.00 cheaper than my atama Phone Post
1/31/13 12:45 PM
X_Rated
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got an Isami recently. Expensive but amazing amazing gi

1/31/13 3:30 PM
A_Butler
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Noose -
BigEyedFish - im wide up top too and I find that a lot of kimonos are uncomfortable under my arms (I have a broad back, shoulders, and chest).

This ^^^ Manto are well made. Really comfortable, solid but not too heavy.

OP- Ive got a manto gi that Ill sell cheap. Its an A3, but it is HUGE for an A3. Id bet it would fit you perfectly. Im about 5"10, 210-220 and it was a hair long on me in both the arms and the legs, but fit well through the chest. Its seen very little mat time. Let me know if you are interested and Ill pm you my contact info.
Yeah mantos are nice but they are huge. I'm an a3 and I wear a2 in their gi's. Phone Post
1/31/13 7:06 PM
shoudawhouda
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thebasher - 
shoudawhouda -  I always recommend Padilla and Sons in gi threads. Great product. Phone Post

No it isn't, I am extremely dyslexic and have struggled with reading comprehension my entire life. Thanks for pointing it out though, You seem like a real stellar and empathetic human being.
1/31/13 7:30 PM
microbiologynerd
943 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love my dragao, except the pant legs shrunk ALOT whike the waist seemed to get bigger?? And no it wasnt me being a fatass. :)

The lapels are like super hard sandpaper- people in class hate when i wear it so its mostly just for competition now Phone Post
1/31/13 7:55 PM
thebasher

shoudawhouda - 
thebasher - 

No it isn't, I am extremely dyslexic and have struggled with reading comprehension my entire life. Thanks for pointing it out though, You seem like a real stellar and empathetic human being.

I would reply back with something with witty but I guess you wouldn't get it

2/1/13 1:23 AM
chitownbjj
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://mybjjgi.com/killerbeegi/

"The Winter edition also brings a whole new level of customization as I allow customers the ability to adjust the key dimensions for a gi. Skirt length, sleeve length, pant length, and wing span." Phone Post
2/1/13 9:20 AM
SASQUATCH OPEN
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Conspiracy Kimonos.com

By one dooms days devise and we send you a scratch and dent gray for free! (if we have yours in stock )

Also free shipping in USA. Phone Post
2/1/13 12:23 PM
ryanjudoka
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OSS is an awesome gi for a reasonable piece I think an A3 would be perfect. Phone Post
2/1/13 2:31 PM
mad tiger

http://www.ossclothing.com/

well made, pre shrunk and cheaper then the rest.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.