UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> is the praise of the ending of irredeemable....

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/30/13 10:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Elastic Assassin
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/30/13 10:27 AM

some sort of geek insider thing? like an inside joke or something?...

to be honest i was like ...meh....

it was an interesting concept but not much of a payoff for what the series promised to be in the beginning.....

i hear people talk about it like it was the best ending in comics.....but there is such zeal about it i am starting ot think this is some sort of goof.....

assplain please....
1/30/13 11:11 AM
BigWilliam
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do you explain why something is good? It made sense, it fit well into a series that Waid started as an idea of what would happen it Superman was not mentally fit to be Superman. It was clever and had a nice irony to it.
1/30/13 11:31 AM
The Elastic Assassin
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so if super man wa not mentally fit to be super man he would die and create the idea of superman?.....
1/30/13 11:47 AM
BigWilliam
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are mixing meta with in comic plot points.

Superman is an idea that came first and gave Waid the idea for a book. A book about a disturbed, mentally unbalanced Superman type. That in book becomes the idea for the Superman book. It's a clever dovetailing and a good ending for the story when Q-bit promised him a new start and the ability to be the hero he always could be.
2/3/13 9:21 PM
MarkRobinson
1454 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Youre probably overthinking the damn thing. 

The story is self contained. Theres no Superman in the the Plutonian universe. Its a story about the implications of having such power and how the world might react to it. Almost all the characters can be tied to an archetypal MU/DCU character. Which is another component to make it interesting. 

Im pretty sure the GGers that appreciated the story have already tried to explain why weve liked it. I understand that you dont but why must it be some inside joke that only you are failing to get?  

People like different shit. The map is not the territory. 

2/4/13 8:44 AM
The Elastic Assassin

i like that you assume i don;t get it....i get it, i have just never masturbated to it like most of you seem to have done....

its a different, slightly intgeresting ending.....nothing all that special imo.....

the fact that q-bit could have killed the plutonian in like the third issue with the same exact tactic does seem a bit odd though.....

i thought it was pretty well written....and like most people i thought it wandered off for an issue or three towards the end, but overall i liked it, i just don't have that special uber orgasmic place in my heart for the ending like many people do......

*drops in spits venom....
2/4/13 11:34 AM
BigWilliam

I think you are exaggerating other people's affection for the ending a bit much. Perhaps you need to go back to drama queen school.
2/4/13 12:12 PM
The Elastic Assassin

drama KING bro.....
2/4/13 12:13 PM
The Elastic Assassin

btw i am the dropper-inner venom spitter around here......not YOU!!!!
2/4/13 2:25 PM
BigWilliam

I drop no venom! I merely tell hard truths and even harder falsehoods!
2/4/13 9:16 PM
MarkRobinson
1454 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I WANNA BE THE DROPPER IN'ER VENOM SPITTER. 

2/5/13 1:42 PM
The Elastic Assassin

lol i honestly didn;t know abotu preacher until i red abotu it here.....i liked preacher a lot....i just got to a point where i got a little bored with it and wasn;t around the computer i had it on....

i will rephrase about irredemable....i UNDERSTAND the ending.....i see what the author was trying to to...i just don't think it lived up to the hype.....

the only explanation i got was "you just don;t get it".....

i understand that plutonian was allowed to be the hero he wanted to be as the inspiration of superman....kida deep....but not "shit your pants" fantastic....

lol @ me being a hipster of any kind btw....
2/12/13 1:44 AM
Kneeblock
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL, I've missed this place

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.