UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sponsor Clarification...

1/30/13 3:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mark Bocek
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi guys, first I would like to thank you all for the support, it is very frustrating as a fighter who basically depends on their sponsors money, to not be paid. I would like to clarify that I did not post this with the intention of tarnishing anyone's reputation, I was just expressing my frustration, and I can guarantee that I'm not alone out there.

Please be aware that Venum fight gear is the best company out there, they really take care of all their fighters, they supply me with plenty of great quality gear, they always have my back, and I never had to worry about payment. Also fight decals is owned by a friend of mine and he does the best banners ever and their print work is always impeccable, I have only good things to say about them.

Major's Pharmacy has been a part of my sponsorship team since my first UFC fight. Major's Pharmacy is like a family and they support me even when I have no fights scheduled. Major's Pharmacy is a dream sponsor for any fighter out there. As far as Fear the Fighter which is owned by the brother of a trainer partner you guys know they will always deliver. I am grateful for all my other sponsors that includes Life Pulp, Dr. Paul Biondich, Kleinburg Private Wealth, Tristar, Level IIX, WR and all the past sponsors that always had honored their deal. I don't see the need to mention the name of the sponsor that has not paid all the money owed to me.

Thanks for all the support guys...

Mark Bocek Phone Post
1/30/13 3:25 PM
caseharts
409 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Start your engines boys Phone Post
1/30/13 3:25 PM
guardbr8kr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how classy Canadian's are, in general.
1/30/13 3:27 PM
kying418
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark is an awesome guy and is a great example of a true martial artist (hard working, humble, respectful, honorable, etc) fighting in the UFC.

Any company would be fortunate to have Mark represent them.

These fighter's rely on sponsorship $ to eat and pay bills- Sponsors are hurting people's livelihood when they withold agreed upon money. What a scummy thing for them to do!
1/30/13 3:28 PM
kying418
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark is too nice to mention who it is.

I say the UG figures it out and f*cks them up (in the nicest way possible haha).
1/30/13 3:28 PM
frederic
681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/30/13 3:28 PM
All tappedout of money?
1/30/13 3:49 PM
hybridfc
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bocek is a class act. This man deserves his money. Also has some of the best grappling in the lightweight division, it's a shame we didn't get to see more of it in his last fight.

1/30/13 3:50 PM
Letibleu
1681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/30/13 3:50 PM

Message received. And by deduction we shall find.

1/30/13 3:53 PM
12SixElbow
630 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Much respect.... Thanks for the note Mark...

Anyone want to call

http://tapoutburlington.com/

???

Mark obviously posted on FB that he wouldn't be having them as a sponsor or training there any longer... Given that he complimented everyone else on his shorts for that last fight....

1/30/13 3:54 PM
Kirik
1842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

Appreciate the clarification!

1/30/13 4:00 PM
Mark Bocek
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/30/13 4:01 PM
12SixElbow
630 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gee... Who didn't he mention.....

1/30/13 4:06 PM
IHangFromBJsBallSack

He shouldn't have to rely on his sponsor pay, it should be his fight pay. Lowballing fighters isn't cool. Phone Post
1/30/13 4:12 PM
FearTheClown
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 

LOL good detective work, VTFU

1/30/13 4:14 PM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 

Exactly.

No worries Mark, we'll take it from here brother. *grabs pitchfork and torch*
1/30/13 4:16 PM
Letibleu
1681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/30/13 4:16 PM
frederic
681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tapout fightwear mma ufc
1/30/13 4:17 PM
smth416
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 

you guys are fucking good.

1/30/13 4:19 PM
12SixElbow

To be clear.. that tapout patch is from

The Tapout training center in Canada....

Not sure if that is related to the clothing brand? Or how those things work under the tapout umbrella

1/30/13 4:20 PM
TheHebrewHammer
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/30/13 4:26 PM
frederic

12SixElbow - 

To be clear.. that tapout patch is from

The Tapout training center in Canada....

Not sure if that is related to the clothing brand? Or how those things work under the tapout umbrella

Twitter: @TapouTBurlingtn
1/30/13 4:29 PM
warrendale

IHangFromBJsBallSack - He shouldn't have to rely on his sponsor pay, it should be his fight pay. Lowballing fighters isn't cool. Phone Post
No pointing the finger or calling out any names. Your post is filled with class as well. For a great point too he shouldn't have to rely on sponsor's pay. Phone Post
1/30/13 4:31 PM
tenfeethigh
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subbed for justice

1/30/13 4:31 PM
Christ Crapped in My Fish and Chips
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/30/13 4:32 PM
FearTheClown - 
12SixElbow - 

LOL good detective work, VTFU

Lol awesome diagram

1/30/13 4:34 PM
RickStorm
1828 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Thanks for the update mark

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.