UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> Would used Boxergenics gloves be worth anything?

1/30/13 4:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
uniquetechnique
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have some Old School Gloves from the 90's that were used by John Lewis, Chuck Liddel, Tito Ortiz and more when I was training at John Lewis school. No Autographs but I have seen the new ones go as high as $300 a pair. The Gloves are pretty Rare from what I hear but then again, The rare ones I am sure are the new ones. Let me know what I can get for these, Might have to have these signed then.
1/30/13 5:22 PM
Dawggy
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you can prove they were used by those fighters and when they could be worth some money. Do you have a pic? Phone Post
1/30/13 5:45 PM
uniquetechnique
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dawggy -  If you can prove they were used by those fighters and when they could be worth some money. Do you have a pic? Phone Post

Yea, I have a pic of the gloves but they were used by these guys back in the day, Training gloves at John Lewis school back in the day. When I trained there back in 2001-2003 I would have these in my bag every once in a while, Well Marc Laimon moved to his new gym and so did a handful of us.
1/30/13 6:13 PM
Dawggy
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boxergenics as a pair are worth a few hundred. If you can somehow prove they were used by the above mentioned fighters, it will increase the value. Phone Post
1/30/13 6:56 PM
armbarheelhook
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^this...

If they were "Fight Worn" gloves they would bring premium. since you stated they were training gloves used by a bunch of dif guys not as much..

then comes the inevitable task of proving to someone interested in buying them that the gloves were in fact worn by said fighters.. initials in gloves, old school pics of said fighters to match up identically without a shadow of a doubt. etc..

If you have all that, cool. good for you when negotiating process starts. If you don't, then one must just assume they are an old pair of Boxergenics gloves that were worn. Phone Post
1/30/13 7:54 PM
uniquetechnique

armbarheelhook -  ^this...

If they were "Fight Worn" gloves they would bring premium. since you stated they were training gloves used by a bunch of dif guys not as much..

then comes the inevitable task of proving to someone interested in buying them that the gloves were in fact worn by said fighters.. initials in gloves, old school pics of said fighters to match up identically without a shadow of a doubt. etc..

If you have all that, cool. good for you when negotiating process starts. If you don't, then one must just assume they are an old pair of Boxergenics gloves that were worn. Phone Post

Yea, that would never happen. haha
I think all a buyer would need to do is just have it signed by an ol skool fighter.
I found these with my old Gi, Jiu Jitsu Medals, Boxing Gloves, and More junk I don't know what do with.

I could go to John's school and it would probably go down like this:

John: Hey Joe, long time no see, how are you and the family?
Me: Just been busy and not training anymore since my 2 back tears BUT I happen to be in the neighborhood and seeing if you can sign your OWN glove that I had in my bag like 11 years ago.
John: Hahahaha, Sure. (knowing John, this is exactly how it would go down, Class Act guy)
1/30/13 8:12 PM
armbarheelhook
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ yeah, i hear ya.. just letting you know my take on it. i used to buy and sell authentic memorabilia game worn and such.

Authenticating can be a long and drawn out process but can mean the difference of a couple hundred dollars or a couple thousand dollars. Then ppl want to know if its game worn, practice worn, photo shoot worn,... date worn and if something significant happened while it was worn.. very itemized and teadious..

without any photo proof or reputable authorization, i would say training worn Boxergenics gloves and state condition. If you get them signed by a fighter, then you have to find out which fighters auto tends to bring more money. If that is what you're wanting. lewis, liddell, ortiz, etc.. (no value order).

Who knows, you might have more value in them as unsigned gloves.? it all depends.

I would find out this info first before i decided to have a fighter autogtraph them personally. Phone Post
1/30/13 8:20 PM
uniquetechnique

armbarheelhook -  ^ yeah, i hear ya.. just letting you know my take on it. i used to buy and sell authentic memorabilia game worn and such.

Authenticating can be a long and drawn out process but can mean the difference of a couple hundred dollars or a couple thousand dollars. Then ppl want to know if its game worn, practice worn, photo shoot worn,... date worn and if something significant happened while it was worn.. very itemized and teadious..

without any photo proof or reputable authorization, i would say training worn Boxergenics gloves and state condition. If you get them signed by a fighter, then you have to find out which fighters auto tends to bring more money. If that is what you're wanting. lewis, liddell, ortiz, etc.. (no value order).

Who knows, you might have more value in them as unsigned gloves.? it all depends.

I would find out this info first before i decided to have a fighter autogtraph them personally. Phone Post

Thank you, I appreciate the info. I will probably put them up on Ebay if no one wants them here. Ill take some photos first though.
1/30/13 10:27 PM
shatteredsoul14
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

id be interested depending on condition
1/31/13 1:43 PM
uniquetechnique

Edited: 01/31/13 1:45 PM

Closeup of Threads Loose 

This as you can see on this Left Glove, The Thumb Restraint(or wahtever its called) is Nice,Firm and Great Condition. 

This Right side is stretched and not that great condition but is still intact. 

Wider view of Right Glove, It looks ripped with this Pic, But I assure you that it is not. 

Wider view of Left Glove.

Bottom side of Glove

Made in Canada Lot# 14816

1/31/13 1:46 PM
uniquetechnique

NOTE: Just noticed this.If you look closely at the right glove , there is a small rip on the pinky area. :(
1/31/13 10:07 PM
uniquetechnique

I have 3 interested parties. Highest offer is $100. PM me your offers. Thanks guys.
2/1/13 11:55 PM
uniquetechnique

SOLD!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.