UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> New Rowdy Bec Hyatt portrait (for #FranksFight)

1/30/13 4:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DiscipleDojo
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Founder

For those who followed along with my DFW jr portrait (which should be sent this week for him to autograph! Thanks CindyO!), I thought you might want to see the next one that I hope to auction off when finished to help raise $ for #FranksFight....

The UG's favorite rising WMMA star, "Rowdy" Bec Hyatt.

(initial layout sketch)

Thanks to Bec for lending her pretty mug to help a fellow UG'er beat cancer!

I'll post subsequent stages of it below, as well as info on how to bid for the final piece.

Blessings to the UG (especially Bec, Frank & Wendy!) from the Dojo,

-JM

1/30/13 5:28 PM
GMUNIT
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt!
1/30/13 5:29 PM
RickStorm
1628 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

TTT 4 The Rowdy Bec and awesome art by the Dojo!!!

1/30/13 5:31 PM
12SixElbow
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/30/13 5:37 PM
RickStorm
1628 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha awesome picture ^

1/30/13 6:15 PM
Topsyjt
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Props to Dojo and Rowdy for this. Going look sweeeeeeeet when completed that's for sure.
TTT Phone Post
1/30/13 6:21 PM
DiscipleDojo
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2nd stage... (I'm playing with a funky underlying color scheme, given Bec's personality. If I don't like how it turns out though, I may scrap it and go with a more subdued palatte. But each piece is an adventure in that I have no clue what color scheme I'm going to use in advance and usually just go with my hunch--and the lighting I'm working under!--at the moment to see where it ends up.)

But as I said on Twitter, Bec, I won't leave you looking like a vampire (or worse...one of us pale gingers!).  ;)

1/30/13 6:27 PM
dMo
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub for progress posts. Very cool of you Dude. Phone Post
1/30/13 6:28 PM
yellow c0ckahlc
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get 'em, Dojo.

I wanna see more color detail on her leopard tattoo. Maybe a light red over some of the orange. Fantastic job on the hair so far.

As for your color scheme, keep it natural. I'm looking at it right now, and I don't see a better option of colors than what you already have. Looks great.

1/30/13 6:31 PM
DaSquidge
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome, cant wait to see it finished. Phone Post
1/30/13 6:31 PM
RickStorm

Edited: 01/30/13 6:31 PM

awesome! Bec... the twilight version haha!

*edit*

Not that I know anything about twilight

1/30/13 6:34 PM
yellow c0ckahlc
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm - 

*edit*

1/30/13 6:42 PM
Topsyjt
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow c0ckahlc -
RickStorm - 

*edit*

Hahaha both these post cracked me up. Brilliant. Phone Post
1/30/13 6:42 PM
RickStorm

lol

1/30/13 11:49 PM
DiscipleDojo

Haha...the double lip piercings + cooler colors for the undertone definitely give the vampire look. If this were Halloween, I might be inclined to play it up more!  :)

I'll post more tomorrow. Keep letting folks know about it, as well as the DFW jr portrait for #FranksFight as well.

And as I've said a couple of times in other threads,

if anyone wants to commission their own one-of-a-kind portrait of their favorite fighter from me I will donate 50% of the proceeds to #FranksFight.

Here are the prices:

8.5x11" color portrait - $200

14x17" color portrait - $400

Help get the word out to other UG folks. Paying in installments is an option as well for those who can't afford to drop a few bills all at once.

I can be reached via PM or http://jmsmith.org/contact

Here are some examples...

Frank Gotch:

Kenda Perez:

Dan Gable:

Carlos Gracie, Jr.

Renzo

Pablo Popovitch:

Andre Galvao:

Paul Creighton:

Dave Camarillo:

Saku:

Tecia Torres:

Randy Couture:

Royce vs. Saku (14x17):

Lyoto vs. Rashad

Dr. Jigoro Kano:

Helio:

Nick Diaz:

UG's own Uncle Creepy:

Fedor/Igor Pride (14x17 - this one was more expensive due to the number of individual drawings involved)

So once again, you get an ORIGINAL CUSTOM piece of hand-drawn artwork AND help provide much-needed $$$ for Frank & Wendy.

PM or email me if you want in on it.

-JM

1/31/13 3:00 AM
RowdyBec
469 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just found this thread :) Looking awesome!! Will start sharing around to my supporters soon :)

1/31/13 3:23 AM
UGCTT Captain America
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you still have the original of the Frank Gotch piece? I have a fun (expensive) February planned (UFC 156, Sabaton concert, UFC 157), but I'd like to get that one next month. Phone Post
1/31/13 7:26 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2373 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm -

TTT 4 The Rowdy Bec and awesome art by the Dojo!!!

. Phone Post
1/31/13 11:46 AM
DiscipleDojo

higherprimate718 - wow you are insanely talented. can I request josh barnett? Or the nogeiras? both of them have epic faces for portraits. Barnetts sort of looks cartoonish anyway

Sure. PM me if you'd like to commission one or both. I haven't drawn any of those guys yet, but I agree they'd make for great portraits. :)

1/31/13 11:47 AM
DiscipleDojo

UGCTT Captain America -  Do you still have the original of the Frank Gotch piece? I have a fun (expensive) February planned (UFC 156, Sabaton concert, UFC 157), but I'd like to get that one next month. Phone Post

Hey Cap, that one was commissioned by a fellow UGer as part of a series of wrestling/catch legends, so the original isn't for sale. But I can always do something similar for you if you are looking for something like it.

1/31/13 11:48 AM
DiscipleDojo

RowdyBec - 

Just found this thread :) Looking awesome!! Will start sharing around to my supporters soon :)

You're awesome, Bec.  :)

1/31/13 2:18 PM
DiscipleDojo

Bec's starting to come to life...

1/31/13 4:02 PM
DiscipleDojo

1/31/13 4:18 PM
Son of Neckbone
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy awesome. VTFU
1/31/13 4:24 PM
DiscipleDojo

Thanks man.

BTW, 8.5x11" prints of any of my pieces are only $5 (plus $3 shipping in the U.S.) each and a dollar from each one sold goes to support a group that combats human trafficking. So if anyone can't afford to buy the originals, but want something for their wall, gym, academy or wherever, it's quite affordable.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.