UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> New Rowdy Bec Hyatt portrait (for #FranksFight)

2/1/13 4:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DiscipleDojo
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Founder
UGCTT_MMArijuana666 -  Wanderlei walking away from a KTFO Rampage would be brilliant IMHO.

;)

I'd pay good money. Phone Post

PM me...we can make that happen AND raise some $ for #FranksFight in the process.

2/1/13 4:16 PM
DiscipleDojo
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finished piece...

I'll post the auction tomorrow and it will run for a week. Let's spread the word and get some bids for the UG's favorite WMMA star!

2/1/13 4:19 PM
UGCTT Captain America
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow! Beautiful Phone Post
2/1/13 4:22 PM
Letibleu
1660 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome piece

2/1/13 4:24 PM
Luvdcuties
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love it!!! Will help you pass the word around soon as auction is up and again ty and you have mail coming ;)

2/1/13 4:53 PM
DiscipleDojo

Thanks everyone!  I'll post the auction link as soon as I get it uploaded tomorrow.

If you like any work in my gallery, you can order prints up to 60" for under $200. PM or email me if you're interested in anything. And a portion of all prints sold goes to the buyer's choice of either #FranksFight or IJM.org (or both).

I love doing projects like this on of Bec and the DFW jr one and I'd like to do more. Since art is my "day job," I can keep doing them...but only if I also continue selling prints or getting commissions for original work. So any support (even if it's just buying a few small prints at $5 each) is greatly appreciated and will help me keep doing more like this.

2/1/13 4:56 PM
DiscipleDojo

Luvdcuties - 

Love it!!! Will help you pass the word around soon as auction is up and again ty and you have mail coming ;)

Awesome. :)  I hope it's another #FranksFight band...I've broken two already, as I wear them on my foot whenever I grapple! haha 

(BTW, I also gave them to all the UG members who train at Paul Creighton's school in ATL when I was there for the Serra seminar.) I encourage others who have them and train to wear them to show their support and help generate conversation in the BJJ/grappling community!

2/1/13 5:27 PM
Luvdcuties
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiscipleDojo - 
Luvdcuties - 

Awesome. :)  I hope it's another #FranksFight band...I've broken two already, as I wear them on my foot whenever I grapple! haha 

(BTW, I also gave them to all the UG members who train at Paul Creighton's school in ATL when I was there for the Serra seminar.) I encourage others who have them and train to wear them to show their support and help generate conversation in the BJJ/grappling community!

I know you get those bands out there and soon as I order more will be sending you a bunch. We have 33 left out of 400 so it is nice to see them out there. I have sent many out of the country to just sent some to belgium. The fact you broke the band and not yourself is a plus lmao

2/2/13 12:01 AM
RowdyBec
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiscipleDojo - 

Finished piece...

I'll post the auction tomorrow and it will run for a week. Let's spread the word and get some bids for the UG's favorite WMMA star!

This is so bad ass :) You do awesome work JM :)

Going to share tonight on my page & make sure you provide me with auction link!!

2/2/13 12:10 AM
yellow c0ckahlc
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hahah Dojo, you're awesome. 

2/2/13 12:19 AM
Rear Naked Chode
428 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You tha man dojo voted up.
2/2/13 8:34 AM
RowdyBec
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just posted on my fan page... can't wait for auction details :)

2/2/13 3:57 PM
DiscipleDojo

RowdyBec - 

Just posted on my fan page... can't wait for auction details :)

Here ya go, Bec! Feel free to shamelessly encourage people to bid!  :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121061375473

(Note: Ebay won't let sellers include web links, so I had to spell them out below. Also, International shipping is available to Canada and Australia.)

"Rowdy Bec"

(11" x 8.5" - Prismacolor marker and colored pencil on 75lb. paper)

By JM Smith

This portrait of the rising Australian WMMA star (and the Underground's fan favorite) 'Rowdy' Bec Hyatt by MMA artist JM Smith is one of the ways in which Disciple Dojo (the ministry founded by the artist, which can be found at JMSmith-dot-org) seeks to use art to help those in need.

Bec enthusiastically agreed to this project and has been a wonderful supporter and encourager of #FranksFight--even placing it prominently on her sponsors' banner for her last match against Carla Esparza for the Invicta Fighting Championship title! Bec is known for being cheerful, goofy, witty and incredibly friendly on social media and online interaction with fans. But once she steps into the cage, she epitomizes the no-nonsense demeanor that JM has attempted to portray in this portrait.

The pictures included above reveal the process of creating the portrait and how it came together layer by layer. To see more of JM's pieces in stages, visit Facebook-dot-com-slash-artofthedojo 

NOTE: 75% of proceeds from the sale of this piece will go to help MMA fan and UG member Frank Edge with the medical bills in his fight with testicular cancer. You can find out more about #FranksFight by going to Facebook-dot-com-slash-FranksFight. The remaining 25% will go to pay shipping costs, ebay/paypal fees, and to support the ongoing ministry of Disciple Dojo.

FREE Shipping within the U.S.! 

(Piece is unframed and shipped via rigid mailer envelope)

2/2/13 8:16 PM
Rear Naked Chode
428 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt
2/2/13 8:58 PM
RowdyBec

Awesome JM :) Link being shared after this UFC all over my social media pages!!

2/4/13 12:17 AM
Luvdcuties

2 Bids already!! Nice nice 

2/4/13 12:32 AM
soremano
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

looks hairy

like a wookie

2/4/13 1:05 AM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear

Luvdcuties -

2 Bids already!! Nice nice 

I'm in, hoping you and frank are well. Thank you. You two are always in my thoughts Phone Post
2/4/13 2:10 AM
DiscipleDojo

My autographed originals of Renzo, GSP and Uncle Creepy didn't even get bids this quickly!

That says a lot about your fan appeal, Bec...and how much people are supporting you guys, Frank & Wendy.  :)

2/4/13 9:15 AM
RowdyBec

DiscipleDojo - 

My autographed originals of Renzo, GSP and Uncle Creepy didn't even get bids this quickly!

That says a lot about your fan appeal, Bec...and how much people are supporting you guys, Frank & Wendy.  :)

Wow :) That's awesome!! It's up to like $265 now with 6 days to go... you shouldn't have put a "Buy It Now" price ;)

2/4/13 9:59 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
2/4/13 2:38 PM
Rear Naked Chode

Burp.
2/4/13 2:40 PM
DiscipleDojo

RowdyBec - 
DiscipleDojo - 

Wow :) That's awesome!! It's up to like $265 now with 6 days to go... you shouldn't have put a "Buy It Now" price ;)

Oh don't worry, the "buy it now" price disappears as soon as the first bid is placed. It's just an incentive if someone wanted to snag first and beat everyone else to it. But alas, they did not...and now they may have missed their chance if it ends up going for more.  Which would be freakin' awesome. :)

I've done portraits of Julie Kedzie, Michelle Waterson, Marloes Coenen, Miesha Tate and Paige Vanzant...NONE of which sold after being listed multiple times.

Bec, your fans are KILLIN' IT!!  Shannon Knapp, take notice!!!

2/4/13 5:45 PM
Rear Naked Chode

Ttt
2/4/13 8:17 PM
Rear Naked Chode

Rear Naked Chode - Ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.