UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> New Rowdy Bec Hyatt portrait (for #FranksFight)

2/4/13 10:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RowdyBec
637 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiscipleDojo - 
RowdyBec - 
DiscipleDojo - 

My autographed originals of Renzo, GSP and Uncle Creepy didn't even get bids this quickly!

That says a lot about your fan appeal, Bec...and how much people are supporting you guys, Frank & Wendy.  :)

Wow :) That's awesome!! It's up to like $265 now with 6 days to go... you shouldn't have put a "Buy It Now" price ;)

Oh don't worry, the "buy it now" price disappears as soon as the first bid is placed. It's just an incentive if someone wanted to snag first and beat everyone else to it. But alas, they did not...and now they may have missed their chance if it ends up going for more.  Which would be freakin' awesome. :)

I've done portraits of Julie Kedzie, Michelle Waterson, Marloes Coenen, Miesha Tate and Paige Vanzant...NONE of which sold after being listed multiple times.

Bec, your fans are KILLIN' IT!!  Shannon Knapp, take notice!!!

WOW!! Like I've always said... I have some of the best supporters any fighter in this world could claim to have :)

2/4/13 10:06 PM
RowdyBec
637 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soremano - 

seriously, does it look to anybody else, from all the pencil marks in the picture, that she looks like she has a fur coat?

Pretty damn bad ass fur coat if you ask me ;)

2/5/13 12:21 AM
RowdyBec

Portrait is now up to $380 guys :) This is amazing!!

2/5/13 12:59 AM
DiscipleDojo
685 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Founder

Awesome! Never had any piece get bids this quickly. But I've never had a fighter as enthusiastic about getting word out to their fans as you've been, Bec. Most will of course RT or share stuff I post about it, but when the fighter posts stuff about it on their own and encourages fans to bid it really makes a difference.

Thanks for being awesome, Bec. Can't wait to see you back in the cage!

And I love knowing that Frank & Wendy are going to get at least a few hundred $ as a result!

#FranksFight

2/5/13 1:40 AM
Rear Naked Chode
629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec - 

Portrait is now up to $380 guys :) This is amazing!!

Awesome.
2/5/13 6:21 AM
LuketheSpook
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiscipleDojo - 

Haha...the double lip piercings + cooler colors for the undertone definitely give the vampire look. If this were Halloween, I might be inclined to play it up more!  :)

I'll post more tomorrow. Keep letting folks know about it, as well as the DFW jr portrait for #FranksFight as well.

And as I've said a couple of times in other threads,

if anyone wants to commission their own one-of-a-kind portrait of their favorite fighter from me I will donate 50% of the proceeds to #FranksFight.

Here are the prices:

8.5x11" color portrait - $200

14x17" color portrait - $400

Help get the word out to other UG folks. Paying in installments is an option as well for those who can't afford to drop a few bills all at once.

I can be reached via PM or http://jmsmith.org/contact

Here are some examples...

Frank Gotch:

Kenda Perez:

Dan Gable:

Carlos Gracie, Jr.

Renzo

Pablo Popovitch:

Andre Galvao:

Paul Creighton:

Dave Camarillo:

Saku:

Tecia Torres:

Randy Couture:

Royce vs. Saku (14x17):

Lyoto vs. Rashad

Dr. Jigoro Kano:

Helio:

Nick Diaz:

UG's own Uncle Creepy:

Fedor/Igor Pride (14x17 - this one was more expensive due to the number of individual drawings involved)

So once again, you get an ORIGINAL CUSTOM piece of hand-drawn artwork AND help provide much-needed $$$ for Frank & Wendy.

PM or email me if you want in on it.

-JM

VTFU dude. Love the artwork.
2/5/13 10:26 AM
Rear Naked Chode
629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt
2/5/13 1:01 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
2/5/13 4:37 PM
DiscipleDojo
685 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks LuketheSpook

Also, if anyone is interested, today zazzle is running a 40% off sale on shirts and posters if you use the promo code WEALLWINSALE over in my Art of the Dojo store. 10% of anything bought from there goes to #FranksFight as well.

2/6/13 12:22 AM
Rear Naked Chode

Ttt
2/6/13 1:02 PM
DiscipleDojo

Just updated my gallery with Rowdy Bec and DFW jr portraits. Check it out and order some prints if you're looking for something to decorate your gym, office or man-cave...

http://jmsmith.org/art/gallery

2/6/13 3:10 PM
DiscipleDojo

Rowdy Bec portrait bid is at $455 right now! 

3 days left to bid! 

75% goes to #FranksFight!

2/6/13 10:05 PM
RowdyBec

DiscipleDojo - 

Rowdy Bec portrait bid is at $455 right now! 

3 days left to bid! 

75% goes to #FranksFight!

Never in a million years did I think it would fetch this much :)

2/6/13 11:24 PM
DiscipleDojo

You've passed everyone except GSP's. His was signed and ended up getting $600. But that also included a nice floating glass frame. :)

2/7/13 1:48 PM
DiscipleDojo

Thanks Nick Fury. I hope to do more, so please spread the word!

2/7/13 11:44 PM
RowdyBec

DiscipleDojo - 

You've passed everyone except GSP's. His was signed and ended up getting $600. But that also included a nice floating glass frame. :)

Still two days to go!! :)

2/8/13 12:00 AM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec - 
DiscipleDojo - 

Still two days to go!! :)

Becs- I hope you pass him, that way you can say with some truth that you beat GSP :)

Seriously I hope u pass him so more money goes to Franks Fight bc Frank and Wendy are great people.  

And Disicple you are so talented. I hope I'll be working with you soon. 

This is such a great a cause. Keep bidding people!! 

2/8/13 2:13 PM
DiscipleDojo

1 day left!  $455 as of now. 75% straight to #FranksFight. Keep encouraging others to bid!

Also, I just posted my next charity portrait thread. I'd be grateful for any word of mouth about it as well... http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2130222&page=1

2/8/13 5:54 PM
Rear Naked Chode

Ttt
2/8/13 11:55 PM
RowdyBec

Not long to go now :) Be cool if it cleared $500!!

2/9/13 5:01 PM
DiscipleDojo

So close, Bec! $455 was the final price!

Awesome job in promoting it to your fans! If only every fighter had your attitude and willingness to help others! Thanks so much and I'll send you the info of the winning bidder in case you want to send them a note of thanks!

Frank & Wendy, I hope you guys are staying safe and warm up there in the blizzard! Expect the donation as soon as the funds clear via Paypal/eBay!

2/9/13 5:13 PM
Luvdcuties
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiscipleDojo - 

Awesome job in promoting it to your fans! If only every fighter had your attitude and willingness to help others! Thanks so much and I'll send you the info of the winning bidder in case you want to send them a note of thanks!

Frank & Wendy, I hope you guys are staying safe and warm up there in the blizzard! Expect the donation as soon as the funds clear via Paypal/eBay!

Wow truly awesome. Thank you again Disciple and RowdyBec thank you for all your support as well. I would like to be able to send out some writbands to you Rowdy so if you could give me an addy to send some to that would be great. We r one the the worst hit areas however we r ok and have electric so now just to wait for the areas to be cleared. Our statewide driving ban just got lifted at 4pm crazy around here we got hammered. As usual Dojo I know the paypal/ebay deal sometimes they are your friend sometimes they not and make you wait forever lmao. Again thank you all who have and continue to support #FranksFight. If I could hug all of you I would. 

2/9/13 6:00 PM
DiscipleDojo

The Gumball Kid - 
DiscipleDojo - 

You're truly talented and appear to be a great person. If you're not rich in the near future then I fear for the world and what it's become!

Please keep up the artwork, you certainly have fans

I very much appreciate the support and encouragement. Since Disciple Dojo is set up as an L3C organization, by definition it will never make me rich...but if I can pay all my bills and help others do likewise, I'll be more than content.  :)

Wendy, glad to hear you and Frank are warm and safe. I remember New England blizzards from my time living outside of Boston during seminary. Those things can be nuts! One year we built an igloo on our roof out of all the excess snow that was up there...I even slept in it that night. True story.  :)

2/9/13 10:15 PM
RowdyBec

DiscipleDojo - 

Still can't believe it went for so much :) Glad that I could help raise some funds for Frank & please do send me the information on the winning bidder :)

2/9/13 10:16 PM
RowdyBec

Luvdcuties - 
DiscipleDojo - 

Wow truly awesome. Thank you again Disciple and RowdyBec thank you for all your support as well. I would like to be able to send out some writbands to you Rowdy so if you could give me an addy to send some to that would be great. We r one the the worst hit areas however we r ok and have electric so now just to wait for the areas to be cleared. Our statewide driving ban just got lifted at 4pm crazy around here we got hammered. As usual Dojo I know the paypal/ebay deal sometimes they are your friend sometimes they not and make you wait forever lmao. Again thank you all who have and continue to support #FranksFight. If I could hug all of you I would. 

Follow me on Twitter & shoot me a Tweet :) I'll follow you back so you can DM :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.