UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> SUB ONLY WORLDS 2013: Who would you like to see?

1/31/13 1:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stephen Eakin
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ agreed.

Do the competitors get any compensation outside of the first place prize? Phone Post
1/31/13 1:12 PM
EddieBravo
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/04/13 5:53 PM
10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu, www.thetwister.tv

Every competitor gets $500 to cover hotel and travel expenses

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppPhone Post

1/31/13 2:07 PM
Stephen Eakin
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So no incentive for a Draw other than not being finished. Awesome Phone Post
1/31/13 2:20 PM
ChokeTheFace
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ibjjf pro is a joke compared to this format. Phone Post
1/31/13 2:24 PM
kying418
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds awesome- I was pumped up when I heard Eddie talk about it in his last podcast.

(http://www.10thplanetjj.com/podcasts/)

For all his critics, is there any doubt that Eddie loves BJJ and wants to promote it?
1/31/13 2:41 PM
Novato
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt maestro

Art
1/31/13 3:34 PM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So gi is optional?

Don't you think it would be better to do one or the other or both separate? Phone Post
1/31/13 3:38 PM
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Baroquen Record - 
12 - 

you gotta give some points eddie or you will have a guy doing nothing,you seen it all ready i dont have to tell u

thats what the yellow cards are for.

read it,that could be like an advantage point .up to the ref.getting mounted then getting out in a second is ok,but if somebody holds mount for 3 or 4 seconds,that should be worth something.

1/31/13 4:06 PM
DarceSideoftheMoon
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wish there was more tournaments like this format, would be fun to compete in and to watch. Keep them coming Eddie I'll be tuning in for sure and thanks again, I popped in the gym months ago when I was in town when you were in Burbank. You have an awesome group of people and a great atmosphere, couple techs I learned while I was there went instantly into my game and you really helped me find the holes in the one position I've been playing that's stemed off London/williams guard, that no one around my area could give me insight on. . TTT for good instruction, good people, and an awesome tournament.
1/31/13 4:13 PM
Gumby

AWesome stuff Eddie, can't wait to see this, might make a trip down for this.

Can Bill Cooper get own to 170 same day weigh ins? If so he NEED to be on this.
1/31/13 4:40 PM
JSho
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On that current list Kron takes it

Lo, langhi, lepri, laercio, satoshi, Tanquinho, cobrinha, Durinho? Phone Post
1/31/13 4:40 PM
JSho
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caio and glover too Phone Post
1/31/13 4:52 PM
RaginCajun54
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the final should have no time limit at all, that way we there are no double DQ's in the final.

If you are going to place a time limit on the final add a caveat, like have a sliding scale on your tournament prize purse (i.e. for every 5 mintues of overtime, you lose a $1,000.00 from the purse up to $10,000.00)

Just a thought though.
1/31/13 5:02 PM
CJJScout
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since it is LA, I'd love to see Shawn Williams get a shot.
1/31/13 6:00 PM
EddieBravo
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The finals will be 20 minutes. If time expires. We go into a soccer type "free kick" overtime situation. Each competitor gets to chose back control with both legs hooks or spider web aka arm bar position. The combatant with the quickest sub wins. If no subs, the combatant with the quickest escape wins. This will ensure that when a grappler is defending he doesn't just sit there t-rexxed. It's in his best interest to escape as fast as possible. Remember, fastest escape wins if no subs Phone Post
1/31/13 6:06 PM
seek
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Baret Yoshida

Eddie, Baret was born for the type of competitions you want to develop.

1/31/13 6:28 PM
1chaino
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EddieBravo - The finals will be 20 minutes. If time expires. We go into a soccer type "free kick" overtime situation. Each competitor gets to chose back control with both legs hooks or spider web aka arm bar position. The combatant with the quickest sub wins. If no subs, the combatant with the quickest escape wins. This will ensure that when a grappler is defending he doesn't just sit there t-rexxed. It's in his best interest to escape as fast as possible. Remember, fastest escape wins if no subs Phone Post
This I like Phone Post
1/31/13 7:03 PM
dumb_Mandarin

the soccer type free kick overtime is interesting, but im not sure back control with hooks is equivalent to spiderweb. back control with hooks is a position, spiderweb is a submission being defended. i think the choice between overtime position should be more comparable (mount,back,side control,north south, etc)
1/31/13 8:49 PM
SeanRoberts
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This tournament is going to be CRAZY!!!
1/31/13 9:27 PM
Twelve Gage
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fightlogs.com, Owner
1chaino - 
EddieBravo - The finals will be 20 minutes. If time expires. We go into a soccer type "free kick" overtime situation. Each competitor gets to chose back control with both legs hooks or spider web aka arm bar position. The combatant with the quickest sub wins. If no subs, the combatant with the quickest escape wins. This will ensure that when a grappler is defending he doesn't just sit there t-rexxed. It's in his best interest to escape as fast as possible. Remember, fastest escape wins if no subs Phone Post
This I like Phone Post

This is a pretty cool idea.  I like it.

1/31/13 9:27 PM
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EddieBravo -  The finals will be 20 minutes. If time expires. We go into a soccer type "free kick" overtime situation. Each competitor gets to chose back control with both legs hooks or spider web aka arm bar position. The combatant with the quickest sub wins. If no subs, the combatant with the quickest escape wins. This will ensure that when a grappler is defending he doesn't just sit there t-rexxed. It's in his best interest to escape as fast as possible. Remember, fastest escape wins if no subs Phone Post

nice

1/31/13 10:53 PM
EddieBravo

SeanRoberts - This tournament is going to be CRAZY!!!

I am trying to make this the most exciting tournament on the planet so naturally I am going after the best grapplers I can find, the elite. Most of the elite are black belts. There are only a few rising stars that are brown belts, famous brown belts, brown belts that are wreckin shop and blowin up, like Sean Roberts. He just let me know that he wants in so he's in :)

1/31/13 10:56 PM
ohmy23
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EddieBravo -
SeanRoberts - This tournament is going to be CRAZY!!!

I am trying to make this the most exciting tournament on the planet so naturally I am going after the best grapplers I can find, the elite. Most of the elite are black belts. There are only a few rising stars that are brown belts, famous brown belts, brown belts that are wreckin shop and blowin up, like Sean Roberts. He just let me know that he wants in so he's in :)

Nice Phone Post
1/31/13 11:25 PM
suburban techniques

My god, I love this Eddie Bravo. Phone Post
2/1/13 1:27 AM
EddieBravo

Bill Cooper is now in :) Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.