UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> SUB ONLY WORLDS 2013: Who would you like to see?

2/6/13 2:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheThrill
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so theres 9 total? maybe 10 with gurgel? anybody else yet?

marco machado-1
alberto crane-2
jason manly-3
karin darabedyan-4
enrico cocco-5
kron gracie-6
sean roberts-7
bill cooper-8
leandro lo-9
jorge gurgel-10?
2/6/13 3:36 PM
EddieBravo
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu, www.thetwister.tv
I'm going after the best that can walk at 170, I asked Marcelo, it's not a good time for him to compete. I would love Leo Viera but it seems he ain't down. The rules for SOW are pretty gangster so I understand that I won't get 16 of the absolute top grapplers at 170. But we do have quite a few big names already. I will def have to fill some of the slots with relatively unknown monsters that are killing it on the comp circuit under the radar. And throwing in Jorge Gurgel might piss off some of the hardcore purists but he is a famous Mma fighter so e brings ALOT of attention to the show so I will put him in regardless of what the purists think.

Thank you all for the support, I am doing my best to make this the absolute most entertaining Jiu Jitsu tournament on the planet. If I succeed we all benefit, so if you have contact with any monsters that can walk at 170 and know any sponsors that wanna jump on board contact Dawna dgonzales@subonlyworlds.com :-) Phone Post
2/6/13 6:03 PM
usurper
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

clark g?
2/6/13 8:10 PM
ElPulpo
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/06/13 8:12 PM
How about that AJ Souza kid from the Kumite? A rematch between him and Sean would be sweet.

Also, Celso Vinicius and Lucas Lepri would be awesome.
2/6/13 9:12 PM
BjjSteve27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lucas Lepri and Michael Langhi would be good additions.
2/7/13 2:05 AM
SeanRoberts
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marcelo Mafra
2/7/13 5:46 AM
JoejitsuMD
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marcelo 'lapela' Mafra would be great in this Phone Post
2/7/13 5:50 AM
JoejitsuMD
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh I didn't see someone already posted about Mafra. Eddie, he is a must invite if you want this to be a high level tournament at 170. Phone Post
2/7/13 6:56 PM
EddieBravo
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone know what affiliation Mafra is? We already got a check mat guy, Marco Machado.

If he isn't check mat and you can contact him, if he's down have him contact dgonzales@subonlyworlds.com

Thank you Phone Post
2/7/13 8:01 PM
rgbjj

Marcelo Mafra is Check Mat.
2/8/13 1:27 AM
McGruff The Crime Hog
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome. I hope this takes off and we see other weight classes. Phone Post
2/9/13 4:06 AM
EddieBravo

Joe Rogan's company, Onnit, has jumped in as a sponsor :-) Phone Post
2/9/13 9:38 PM
GB Dave Jr
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about Otavio Souza or Kayron Gracie? Not sure what weight they are, but they have to be near 170. Also, what weight is Sean Bollinger? Phone Post
2/9/13 11:15 PM
mmanthebay
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EddieBravo - It's invite only but we are accepting applications. Contact dgonzales@subonlyworlds.com

I am not producing this event to make money or to promote 10th Planet. I am on a quest to create the most entertaining/exciting tournament possible. If we could raise enough money I would make it a million dollar grand prize. So far 20k is all I could come up with. The more successful this tournament is the higher the grand prize will be :-) Phone Post
Can u get Matt Darcy (Guerilla JJ), Denny Prokopos, (10th Planet JJ), and Gary Tonnon? Phone Post
2/9/13 11:22 PM
checkuroil
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you want Otavio I can ask Phone Post
2/10/13 1:02 AM
GB Dave Jr
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about Justin Radar? Phone Post
2/10/13 9:15 AM
kying418
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lucas Leites
2/10/13 1:28 PM
Shinsplint
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what will the ppv cost?
4/9/13 12:19 AM
diaz 125

did this happen? i cant find any results.
4/9/13 12:33 AM
JoejitsuMD

Didn't happen, sponsorship money apparently wasn't properly secured before he announced it. Phone Post
4/9/13 12:34 AM
Larfox
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm pretty sure the venue fell through and they cancelled the event. Phone Post
4/12/13 2:13 PM
TrevorRice
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

should have signed michael giordano.
4/13/13 8:37 AM
Procrastinator

Garry Tonon! Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 1:45 AM
I am Not A Cop

Eddie, what did you think of the double disqualification in the brown belt division at the World Pro?  Really goes to show your type of competition needs to be adopted in more high level tournaments.  I am tired of certain competitors timing their movements to get the advantage points at the end of the match for the win.  

Good luck with your push on these types of events.  We appreciate it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.