UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Maia: I hope to submit Fitch in the first minute

1/31/13 9:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RJJH
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher - 

Broke Fitch is going to lay a 15 minute grind down on Maia.

Book it.

I hardly think so considering bigger guys couldnt.

1/31/13 9:50 AM
future_champ
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia by triangle..I like Fitch btw.
1/31/13 10:18 AM
BandakaKush

Good to hear Maia is embracing his Jiu-Jitsu again. Even if he does have good standup, no one cares to see a BJJ blackbelt of his level kickbox guys. That was actaully his downfall. I am predicting Maia instantly pulls guard and finishes with a triangle in the 2nd.
1/31/13 11:20 AM
Card
1794 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fitch isn't broke anymore. He told MMAWeekly Radio, the remodelling on his house is finished and he's doing well now.

1/31/13 11:23 AM
illumiNate

That's be nice if either one of these guys won in the first minute, although I don't see either doing so. I'm a fan of both fighters, and I think they'd be good replacements for UFC 158 ,when a welterweight inevitably drops out to injury. Phone Post
1/31/13 11:25 AM
Lazer MMA

Okay I read the thread title and it reminded my I need to check my lottery tickets. No I'm NOT joking!
1/31/13 11:29 AM
stevekt
462 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher -

Broke Fitch is going to lay a 15 minute grind down on Maia.

Book it.

My prediction also. Phone Post
1/31/13 11:44 AM
Kostakio
384 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Porkchop - Maia is a very nice guy. All the best to him.

Agreed but I think Fitch is wonderful also. 

1/31/13 12:40 PM
hogh20

I would'nt be surprised if Maia subbed everybody en route to the WW belt around his waist. Including GSP.
1/31/13 12:51 PM
naughtiidawg liver kicked my SN
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I definitely see Maia subbing Fitch. I don't think it will happen, but it sure could. Maia by decision. Phone Post
1/31/13 1:05 PM
Brian Davis

If it goes to a decision it'll be Fitch who wins it.
1/31/13 1:09 PM
MMApostle

1/31/13 1:09 PM
X_Rated
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card - 

Fitch isn't broke anymore. He told MMAWeekly Radio, the remodelling on his house is finished and he's doing well now.

RIP financially comfortable fitch

1/31/13 1:22 PM
caseharts
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys aren't ready for Maia that's okay. But so acting fitch can sit on maia. Fitch isnt strong enough or big enough ate as technical of a grappler too. Maia is like john Smith(wrestling great) level in bjj. Like I said if erik Silva can get him in a rnc maia can flying triangle him Phone Post
1/31/13 2:03 PM
atlantis_ninjah

awesome, want to see this, glad we will see the old Damien Mai
1/31/13 2:05 PM
JerodR
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is one hell of a dream. I wish him the best of luck but aside from just getting a freak knock out, Fitch is one tough dude.
1/31/13 2:07 PM
Card
1794 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fitch is the most unsubmittable fighter in the UFC. (stats wise)

But I just love how Maia comes out blazing for the takedown, submission now... I'm really hoping for that again.

1/31/13 2:09 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nolabrum - 
xakx -
nolabrum - very well, I a friendly wager. Winner gets to say I told you so

So why do you think Maia will win?
I think he is better grappler than Fitch, I think Maia might also have the better stand up, Fitch has his wrestling, but I don't think he will clinch with Maia and who knows what happens when it gets to the ground. Honestly I think Maia was undersized as a middleweight and was still very successful. Now that he is fighting guys his size he will be better able to showcase his skills. So far he has looked unstoppable lately. Phone Post

You wanna put money on this, with a screen name thrown in?

I got Fitch by overpowering relentlessness.

1/31/13 4:15 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt ^^

1/31/13 4:19 PM
newjack900

Does this fight turn into a shitty boxing match?
1/31/13 4:22 PM
Silverball
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card - 

If true, then Maia by submission, but not in the first minute. Broke Fitch would stand a better chance of winning by decision.
1/31/13 4:23 PM
newjack900

I just have so much respect for Maia's unbelievable BJJ, that I don't see anybody wanting to GnP him in his guard for an extended amount of time.. I'm guessing Fitch's stategy will be to stand up with him and grind on him up against the fence in the 1st then maybe start mixing in his takedowns after they get sweaty and Maia a little tired.
1/31/13 5:05 PM
hogh20

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - 
nolabrum - 
xakx -

I think he is better grappler than Fitch, I think Maia might also have the better stand up, Fitch has his wrestling, but I don't think he will clinch with Maia and who knows what happens when it gets to the ground. Honestly I think Maia was undersized as a middleweight and was still very successful. Now that he is fighting guys his size he will be better able to showcase his skills. So far he has looked unstoppable lately. Phone Post

I agree with Nolabrum. Maia is on another level with his BJJ. It is among the best in the world. Fitch is not near that level. Maia might be bigger than Fitch as well.
1/31/13 5:12 PM
Chaelismyhero

Damian is really good guy,but i see Fitch grinding on him
1/31/13 5:22 PM
nolabrum
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hogh20 - 
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - 
nolabrum - 
xakx -

I agree with Nolabrum. Maia is on another level with his BJJ. It is among the best in the world. Fitch is not near that level. Maia might be bigger than Fitch as well.

I'm Down, name your stakes. If we bet cash how would we pay each other? If we bet cash I'd like to keep it simple maybe 20-30 bucks tops. IF we bet a screen name 30 days is good for me. We can do both.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.