UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> WWE Cancelling Intercontinental Cup Tournament

1/31/13 1:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As previously reported, WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett posted on Twitter that the I-C Cup Tournament has been cancelled. As of right now, the reasons are not yet known, but Barrett's Tweet appears to be correct. All that's been said so far is that this is just another example of WWE's creative team changing their minds on the fly. As for Barrett, he is expected to have a feud with Bo Dallas over the I-C Title, but those plans could easily change as well.
1/31/13 7:56 AM
mattloveslamp
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The promotion I grew up loving as a kid is more and more like WCW post-1998 with each passing day. Christ. Phone Post
2/1/13 9:08 AM
DarQueHero
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This might be the most disappointing news in awhile. The IC Belt growing up, was a huge deal. I actually liked those matches more because it felt like anyone had a chance to win (probably because Mr. Perfect was awesome). The WWE needs to fix their creative team. I just feel like they don't actually include some level of fan research when writing ideas. Phone Post
2/1/13 11:54 AM
NDmmafan
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought the Cup was a great idea. As for the IC it is pretty much shit nowadays. Sad as back in the day it had great feuds, matches and wrestlers involved in it. Bret Hart, Mr Perfect, Macho Man Savage, Shawn Michaels, Honky Tonk Man, Ric Rude, and The Ultimate Warrior to name a few.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.