UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage Jackson: "UFC lies about PPV numbers."

1/31/13 8:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
duckhuntgangsta
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Morning Report: Rampage Jackson claims UFC lies about pay-per-view buyrates to potentially withhold fighter earnings
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/1/31/3933508/morning-report-quinton-rampage-jackson-ufc-lies-pay-per-view-buyrates-withhold-earnings

1/31/13 8:29 AM
duckhuntgangsta
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this guy is going to force the UFC's hand and get himself sued. I don't with harm on Rampage, I actually wish him well, so I wish he would sit down and be quite. He's setting himself up for a big fall IMO

1/31/13 8:30 AM
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to like to listen to Rampage speak, for entertainment value.

Not so much anymore
1/31/13 8:41 AM
RJJH
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/31/13 8:46 AM
3 Sided Square
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weird, since the UFC has never released official numbers. Phone Post
1/31/13 8:50 AM
time traveling 12er
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What to do if you hate the UFC. Do they inflate numbers to make themselves look good? Or do they under-report numbers to rip off fighters? Choices, choices.
1/31/13 8:55 AM
sacredhate
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well, any fighter that who is to be paid a percentage of the PPV revenue is entitled to request and perform and audit.
1/31/13 8:56 AM
Phisher

Edited: 01/31/13 8:57 AM

1/31/13 8:59 AM
easedel

He really doesn't get it does he?
Should have dropped him when the whole A-Team movie shit came up
1/31/13 9:02 AM
Phisher

Edited: 01/31/13 9:02 AM
3 Sided Square -  Weird, since the UFC has never released official numbers. Phone Post

They don't release official numbers, but they have their paid lapdogs like Helwani throw numbers around in the MMA media.

Until they start releasing the official numbers to the public, I won't believe anything that I hear.

1/31/13 9:03 AM
FreakDaddy
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/31/13 9:04 AM
easedel - He really doesn't get it does he?

No he doesn't and it is starting to get sad.....They UFC put up with more stuff from him without cutting him, than they have with any other fighter I can think of.......
1/31/13 10:13 AM
kungfugrip

brings up good point though, if a fighter gets say 1% from ppv. They would have to disclose the ppv to the fighter to ensure he's getting the right amount. You would guess legally that would need to be done.
1/31/13 10:23 AM
UGCTT_ForeverOwnedByFryedTakayama
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snake28 - Rampage seems to forget the police chase he was involved in with his huge truck that had his face on it and the UFC totally saved his ass. Phone Post
The energy drinks made him forget Phone Post
1/31/13 10:42 AM
HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana not going to be happy about this. Phone Post
1/31/13 10:48 AM
le

FreakDaddy -
easedel - He really doesn't get it does he?

No he doesn't and it is starting to get sad.....They UFC put up with more stuff from him without cutting him, than they have with any other fighter I can think of.......
Tito? Phone Post
1/31/13 10:55 AM
Neil Funk

Fighters need to be paid more. No two ways about it. Pay them.
1/31/13 11:07 AM
1oldfart

he has a point but it would carry much more weight if it didnt come from the biggest whiner the ufc has seen.
1/31/13 11:17 AM
Cyril Jeff
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
sacredhate - well, any fighter that who is to be paid a percentage of the PPV revenue is entitled to request and perform and audit.

I don't believe that's the case, very, very few guys have audit rights, Rampage isn't one of them...

1/31/13 11:19 AM
sacredhate
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyril Jeff - 
sacredhate - well, any fighter that who is to be paid a percentage of the PPV revenue is entitled to request and perform and audit.

I don't believe that's the case, very, very few guys have audit rights, Rampage isn't one of them...

well, Dana is on record saying that any fighter whose contract includes a cut of PPV's is allowed to audit the numbers. So Rampage either has the right but isn't exercising it....or is talking about stuff that doesn't pertain to him.
1/31/13 11:32 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am pretty sure that they do have auditing rights. It would be a standard clause in their contract demanding it. If Rampage has a decent lawyer,management or an agent then they should be able to check up on the PPV numbers easily.

Now i personally do not know if the UFC overstates there PVV numbers to the press. I personally thought they never gave out exact numbers and most of the press have to get by on estimates.

But regardless,if they overstate PPV number i really do not understand how that would effect Rampage.He is getting a cut of the dollars actually being made. If they UFC want to overstate these numbers to whoever it really does not make a difference one way or the other.

And hearing what Rampage made in the UFC from Dana i really do not understand why he keeps harping on about the money either. In terms of percentage of PPV UFC fighters do make a lot less money then boxers. But overall they make better money,there in a better organisation where fights are more steady and the have health insurance. Also,considering the landscape of the MMA world i hardly think Rampage would make anything close to what he was making in the UFC. Bellator might take him,they even might structure a nice deal involving wrestling,work in a series or in movies and other promotional stuff. But i hardly think they will be paying him more then a couple of million at most (nowhere near the 16,4 million he made in the UFC). I do not see him make that kind of money in Asia either.

If Rampage had such a problem with the pay policies of the UFC he should have done something about it with other fighters. Though convincing them would be hard because they would stand to lose relatively more and would only gain if they made improvements in the future.

If the UFC lied and was understating PPV number this would ofcource be a whole other story.

Anyways Rampage should try his luck at boxing and see how well that will pan out for him. I hardly think he will be making 16,4 million in six years.

1/31/13 11:36 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

easedel - He really doesn't get it does he?
Dana is the one who should have gotten it back when he personally posted bail for Jackson after his sidewalk trucking adventure. Phone Post
1/31/13 11:38 AM
Severnsmustache
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If a fighters management takes a ppv deal and doesn't have the right to see the audited ppv numbers from the providers they are dumb.

That being said I am sure the numbers are open to those that are paid bonuses on sales numbers and I am sure the UFC does not bs on them.

1/31/13 11:44 AM
sockeye
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sigh* Rampage binging on Rockstars again Phone Post
1/31/13 11:45 AM
Soup and Beer
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cry me a river poor little rich boy. Go run over some more people in your monster truck. Phone Post
1/31/13 11:47 AM
Cyril Jeff
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
sacredhate - 
Cyril Jeff - 

well, Dana is on record saying that any fighter whose contract includes a cut of PPV's is allowed to audit the numbers. So Rampage either has the right but isn't exercising it....or is talking about stuff that doesn't pertain to him.

do you happen to have a link to where he said that?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.