UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Guys asking not to roll with the ladies

1/31/13 5:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BJJRoxy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Riddle me this: I teach the Monday am BJJ classes since Professor can't be there. This past Monday there were about 8-10 guys there. I show a few techniques and put everyone to roll. I ended up training myself since I made the number even and matched myself with a relatively new white belt. This guy is pretty big and I knew he was a lil crazy but I went with him anyway. He goes nuts , slams me a few times tries to bitch choke me inside my guard, etc. I knew he didn't know much but I still rolled with him and the 7 minutes comes and goes. After class he pulls me aside and requests that I never pair him up with a female ever again, and asks me to relay this to the professor. "No offense, I know you kicked my ass" he said but he said he shouldn't ever be paired up with a female again. So.....what to make of this. Guy won't even look at me at the gym now. I relayed his request to Professor and he laughed out loud. Wha? Phone Post
1/31/13 5:24 PM
Barry Soetoro Jr

Weirdo. Maybe he's afraid of his bf showing up and seeing him hug a chick...
1/31/13 5:24 PM
SC MMA MD
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like an ego problem. I expect he will be gone from class in the near future Phone Post
1/31/13 5:25 PM
thegreatone287
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would have kicked him out for being a dick. Phone Post
1/31/13 5:27 PM
BJJRoxy

And of course I never want that! I felt pretty bad about it, and while we were rolling I didn't bitch about him going hard, or putting his elbow in my throat or trying to do a triple toe loop when I took his back, I just rolled with him like I would anyone else. More I thought about it the weirder it seemed though. Phone Post
1/31/13 5:29 PM
Pride Wanderlei

I actually don't really like rolling with ladies for total other reasons than them tapping me. 

1/31/13 5:32 PM
checkuroil
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't like to because I'm big and worry about falling and hurting them. Phone Post
1/31/13 5:34 PM
gusto

let's be honest, rolling with chicks sucks unless they are very good which some are, so no disrespect to them

i will never ask out because i will never embarrass my instructor like that.

1/31/13 5:34 PM
Amarelo

Wow, that is very disrespectful to you. I'm sure your professor won't grant that request. Unless he changes his attitude, he won't be around long. Let us know what your prof. says to him.
1/31/13 5:45 PM
BJJRoxy

checkuroil - I don't like to because I'm big and worry about falling and hurting them. Phone Post
Yeah and I totally get that. It would be completely different if he did hurt me or if I bitched about how hard he was going. And if i thought he was too big or strong for me I wouldnt have gone with him plain and simple. Im very aware of the crazy white belt injury factor. And I let him know that I would most likely be the only female at that gym that he would ever roll with but that wasn't much reassurance to him. Lol. Phone Post
1/31/13 6:03 PM
Ozzimandias
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What an ass Phone Post
1/31/13 6:48 PM
shen
886 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/31/13 7:26 PM

I don't roll with women often, but when I do, I warn them one time straight-out: "I'm here to TRAIN. If I get the vibe you're getting-off on this in any way, the roll OVER, got it...?!?!"
1/31/13 6:49 PM
ElPulpo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I roll with female students regularly. I apply normal training etiquette. The main difference is that from time to time I allow them to fully sink armlocks or chokes, so I can practice escapes, and in turn they get to mount offense. I still use pressure when on top and passing, but I avoid the really crushing stuff. I treat these rounds almost as an active rest.
1/31/13 7:12 PM
shortyjj

We have a few Muslim men who train with us and they ask not to roll with women. It is not always an ego thing.
1/31/13 7:22 PM
BJJ999

This ^^^^^
1/31/13 7:25 PM
QAM256
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

checkuroil - I don't like to because I'm big and worry about falling and hurting them. Phone Post
. Phone Post
1/31/13 7:25 PM
jcchaos09

SC MMA MD -  Sounds like an ego problem. I expect he will be gone from class in the near future Phone Post

totally agree.

and i think not rolling with women in class is not only sexist but just a general dick move,and if you're worried about hurting a woman while rolling the solution is simple,be careful it's as simple as that... and if you're worried about a woman tapping you,get over yourself. i spar with women all the time,i can think of one who's a black belt that throw a triangle better than most guys there,i know a blue belt that might be one of the downright toughest people (man or woman) in class, have i tapped to them? sure and it doesnt bother me a damn bit...and besides rolling with women makes BJJ seem so less gay
1/31/13 7:53 PM
markus
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just blow it off. hes probably an ex marine. he wants to get his spar on and cant because you dont have the same power a male has.

one day he will eventually appreciate the technique you used.
1/31/13 8:01 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree with Shorty. I've had a few Muslim students make the request. It's not always ego. Phone Post
1/31/13 8:06 PM
nogidavid
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't like it when women grind on me

1/31/13 8:26 PM
jakeklipp
493 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

when the clock starts im thinking about protecting my neck and getting my oponents neck.  im not worried about anything else.  if youre not man enough to roll with a girl then take a hike.

1/31/13 8:55 PM
mrgoodarmbar
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should've been immediately kicked off the mats right then and there....got to maintain control of the class and what you consider acceptable behavior.

You definitely don't want him rolling with anyone else. They'll get hurt and that's your responsibility.
1/31/13 8:56 PM
Synado
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll roll with anyone, but boobs and herbal essence shampoo do make rolling awkward at times.
1/31/13 9:19 PM
FlyingKnee_bar
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

meh its w.e., this guy clearly has some ego issues...

me, north-south and pump... watch out ladies
1/31/13 9:29 PM
PayItForward
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJRoxy - 
Yeah and I totally get that. It would be completely different if he did hurt me or if I bitched about how hard he was going. And if i thought he was too big or strong for me I wouldnt have gone with him plain and simple. Im very aware of the crazy white belt injury factor. And I let him know that I would most likely be the only female at that gym that he would ever roll with but that wasn't much reassurance to him. Lol. Phone Post

perhaps he held back on strength because he is super old fashioned?

he could just feel real akward around women.. maybe he's super introverted and shy or something..

maybe he is attracted to you and he can't focus on the task of training.

i'm a bigger guy and i usually just play an active open guard and work sweeps and shit w/ women...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.