UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> TME about Carb Loading

1/31/13 8:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Flow Blitzer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I have been cutting back on carbs. Cut out bread totally. I might have a handful of rice a couple times a week. Recently a buddy was telling me something about "carb loading" saying that one day a week you should eat a shit ton of carbs. Is this true? and what is the science behind that if so?
1/31/13 8:51 PM
surf2live
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WHat are you cutting carbs out for? SOunds like a diet called Carb Nite Solutions by Keifer. Seems to be a good way to drop a lot of body fat rather quick.
1/31/13 11:01 PM
Flow Blitzer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thats pretty much it. just tryin to lose weight , tone up. i guess like everyone else and their mom..as you can you tell i don't know much about dieting.
1/31/13 11:03 PM
Flow Blitzer

school me!
2/1/13 3:33 AM
Leigh
958 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You carb load for a sporting event. Not sure what your buddy is talking about Phone Post
2/1/13 12:51 PM
Taku
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree with Leigh. If you are doing some sort of C.K.D. eating plan or carb cycling...there are methods but first. why are you doing it.

As far as carb loading for athletics goes, one must first carb deplete, in order to carb load effectively. The body does not load carbs simply because you ate more of them at a meal.

I used to love to see these stupid guys eating pizza, pasta and drinking beer before an event, and saying "I'm carb loading". Of course it was simply a gluttonous meal that would have little to no performance impact...Just make them fatter and slower then they already were.

TAKU
2/1/13 3:40 PM
Flow Blitzer

Taku - 

Agree with Leigh. If you are doing some sort of C.K.D. eating plan or carb cycling...there are methods but first. why are you doing it.

As far as carb loading for athletics goes, one must first carb deplete, in order to carb load effectively. The body does not load carbs simply because you ate more of them at a meal.

I used to love to see these stupid guys eating pizza, pasta and drinking beer before an event, and saying "I'm carb loading". Of course it was simply a gluttonous meal that would have little to no performance impact...Just make them fatter and slower then they already were.

TAKU

my main goal is to lose weight. tryin to drop about 15 pounds. im not really involved in sports, i play basketball a couple times a week but its just pick up. Do I even need to count carbs?
2/1/13 4:33 PM
surf2live
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Basically for Keifers diet you stay ultra low carb (under 30Gs) a day for a week and then your carb nite you eat carbs, and he means a shit ton to refill your glycogen stores and start the process all over. It supposedly plays tricks on your body to keep burning fat throughout the process. I'm not smart enough to remember the science and language behind it but that is the basic premise.

The guy is a physicists and is super intelligent. He has a bunch of podcasts out that explain things a little better. Just look for the Q and A ones the others aren't really worth it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.