UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> OG Unofficial OFFICIAL Concealed Carry Thread

2/1/13 7:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dark Knight
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/1/13 7:09 AM
NovakHT
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

2/1/13 7:16 AM
Sagiv Lapkin
2066 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NerdQuestionOfTheDay.com, Owner
Squirrel Guard - Nice thread. I carry a ruger SR9c in a blackhawk paddle holster. Looking into an IWB holster as the blackhawk is just too bulky for concealed carry. Don Hume seems to be a good option. Phone Post
Don Hume is a very good option. Phone Post
2/1/13 7:22 AM
Billbo
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carry a S&W M&P Pro 9mm during coat season. During the warmer months its a Rock Island 1911 Tac 2011. Both are carried IWB with a crossbreed holster.
2/1/13 8:23 AM
unclephilly
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

- CCW weapon of choice: HK USPCompact .45

- Holster of choice: Either Don Hume or Crossbreed.

- Carry method of choice: IWB just above my right rear pocket. (That's where I keep my wallet so if someone attempts to rob me I just say "Ok, Be cool, let me get my wallet..."
2/1/13 8:32 AM
spider guard
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I carry a full size 1911 in a VM2 as well. I use a wilderness belt with the plastic( or kydex) stiffener in it. No problems with it and I prefer it over carrying my glock with a VM2.
2/1/13 8:47 AM
awilson82
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I carry a Bersa BP9CC in a Don Hume style leather holster (don Hume doesn't make one for it) most of the time.

Sometimes I carry my FNP in either a Safariland belt holster or a shoulder rig.

Rarely if I just going to the woods or out shooting or know I'm not going in public too much ill carry my Uberti 1872 open top .45 in a Oklahoma leather holster. Phone Post
2/1/13 8:52 AM
MarsMan
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't need a CCW license but had one for a few years before I became LEO.

Weapon: Glock 26 with a pierce +0 mag extension and +P+ ammo (unfortunately, it's Brazilian ammo)

Carry method: IWB at 3-4 o'clock with a brandless holster (I plan on getting a Kydex one..suggestions with pics are welcome).

I carry concealed everywhere and did lots of plainclothes investigation stuff, so gun size is more important than mag capacity to me.

You have to be very careful with printing here...

2/1/13 9:09 AM
TVTFU Khal Dodo
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sagiv Lapkin - 

Isn't that thing a bit too big and heavy? (no homo!) lol

One thing I've noticed with friends is that when they get a pistol that's too big and just not comfy, they'll make excuses not to carry. "Well, I'm just going _______, so I left it home". 

It needs to be so comfy that you don't even know it's there IMO, and that will improve your percentage of carry.

Totally agree. i quit carry the XD i had cause she was too big. Oh, im just going here. no biggie. Need something small. Or get a shoulder harness and start wearing blazers everyday.

2/1/13 9:10 AM
TheGilbs
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/1/13 9:17 AM
fayceofff
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/01/13 9:22 AM
I carry a S&W Sigma in .40cal (don't laugh, Sagiv) in an ATS belt holster pretty much all year round. Like someone above said, I keep it right above my right back pocket near my wallet. I have permits in MI and VA, so I'm good in like 30 states.
2/1/13 9:24 AM
tylery101
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm taking my ccdw here in the next few weeks, I'm planning on carrying my Glock 23 in a Galco King Tut IWB Holster. It fits like a dream. Phone Post
2/1/13 10:40 AM
UGCTT_ForeverOwnedByFryedTakayama
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbbbbb Phone Post
2/1/13 11:06 AM
TVTFU Khal Dodo
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McFly -  Sig P229 Equinox in a Galco Jackass shoulder holster. Phone Post

How you like it? you find you carry it a lot more than other setups like IWB? I was leaning toward that setup.

2/1/13 11:10 AM
thedogofdogs
1019 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub

2/1/13 11:18 AM
awilson82
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TVTFU Khal Dodo - 

How you like it? you find you carry it a lot more than other setups like IWB? I was leaning toward that setup.

I know you werent talking to me but I think shoulder hosters are great if you wear suits or jackets all the time and sit alot. Carrying IWB with a suit or thin pants can make you print bad and if you are a bit out of shape then sitting with a stiff gun belt on and a thick gun like a 229 in you waistband can get uncomfortable. Your gun will also be easier to draw from sitting. What sucks is if you go somewhere where is hot you cant take off your jacket. Also shoulder holsters are like all holsters you get what u pay for.

2/1/13 12:21 PM
Rabadaba
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I carry a S&W bodyguard .380. My jacket has zipped chest pocket on the front that is the perfect size for it. It doesn't even print all that bad.

As for summer I just keep it in a pocket holster. Phone Post
2/1/13 12:24 PM
uniquetechnique
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a Glock 36 (Slim .45) but my son says that the New Springfield XDS .45 way better
2/1/13 3:04 PM
Rogans secret stash
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uniquetechnique - I have a Glock 36 (Slim .45) but my son says that the New Springfield XDS .45 way better
I just never liked the way a glock felt in my hands. I had a 1st gen a few years back. Phone Post
2/1/13 3:06 PM
Sogsteel
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sagiv Lapkin - 

Isn't that thing a bit too big and heavy? (no homo!) lol

One thing I've noticed with friends is that when they get a pistol that's too big and just not comfy, they'll make excuses not to carry. "Well, I'm just going _______, so I left it home". 

It needs to be so comfy that you don't even know it's there IMO, and that will improve your percentage of carry.

I opened this thread expecting to hear you CCW your python dirty hary style
2/1/13 3:08 PM
TVTFU Khal Dodo

awilson82 - 
TVTFU Khal Dodo - 

I know you werent talking to me but I think shoulder hosters are great if you wear suits or jackets all the time and sit alot. Carrying IWB with a suit or thin pants can make you print bad and if you are a bit out of shape then sitting with a stiff gun belt on and a thick gun like a 229 in you waistband can get uncomfortable. Your gun will also be easier to draw from sitting. What sucks is if you go somewhere where is hot you cant take off your jacket. Also shoulder holsters are like all holsters you get what u pay for.

THanks for the input. Not a lot of suit coats here, but i could switch to buton up long sleeve shirts if they would hide it.

2/1/13 3:14 PM
Sagiv Lapkin
2066 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Question #1: Do you carry with one in the chamber (condition1)?

Personally, I do carry in condition 1 and it is my opinion (and JUST my opinion) that if you have a good holster that is how you should carry.

2/1/13 3:30 PM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sagiv Lapkin - 

Personally, I do carry in condition 1 and it is my opinion (and JUST my opinion) that if you have a good holster that is how you should carry.

Nope. Tell you why I don't -

For one, I rarely carry period. If I do carry, I just throw it in the truck with me. This most often occurs on trips when I'm by myself. Usually I put my gun in my backpack unchambered. If something were to happen and I couldnt get it fast enough, theyve got the drop on me anyways.

If I were carrying using my holster, I'd carry chambered. In that scenario, having to draw your weapon, rack the slide, and aim would be too much. 

I just don't feel the need to carry very often, that's all. Nothing wrong with guys that do. Most of the time the gun is just sitting on the nightstand - unchambered.

2/1/13 3:58 PM
Sagiv Lapkin

Edited: 02/01/13 3:58 PM
TheAssMurderer - 
Sagiv Lapkin - 

Nope. Tell you why I don't -

For one, I rarely carry period. If I do carry, I just throw it in the truck with me. This most often occurs on trips when I'm by myself. Usually I put my gun in my backpack unchambered. If something were to happen and I couldnt get it fast enough, theyve got the drop on me anyways.

If I were carrying using my holster, I'd carry chambered. In that scenario, having to draw your weapon, rack the slide, and aim would be too much. 

I just don't feel the need to carry very often, that's all. Nothing wrong with guys that do. Most of the time the gun is just sitting on the nightstand - unchambered.

By "throw it in the truck" you mean not in ANY type of enclosure (not even a pocket holster)?

2/1/13 4:11 PM
Akston
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I were to carry it would be a glock 26,can't go wrong with glock Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.