UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> OG Unofficial OFFICIAL Concealed Carry Thread

2/1/13 4:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Yossarian
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In. Phone Post
2/1/13 4:45 PM
awilson82
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always carry chambered except if I'm rocking the 1872 open carry I leave it on an empty chamber. I carry the FNP with the safety on n the Bersa doesn't have a safety but I have a good holster and I don't worry about it. Phone Post
2/1/13 4:49 PM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sagiv Lapkin - 
TheAssMurderer - 
Sagiv Lapkin - 

Question #1: Do you carry with one in the chamber (condition1)?

Personally, I do carry in condition 1 and it is my opinion (and JUST my opinion) that if you have a good holster that is how you should carry.

Nope. Tell you why I don't -

For one, I rarely carry period. If I do carry, I just throw it in the truck with me. This most often occurs on trips when I'm by myself. Usually I put my gun in my backpack unchambered. If something were to happen and I couldnt get it fast enough, theyve got the drop on me anyways.

If I were carrying using my holster, I'd carry chambered. In that scenario, having to draw your weapon, rack the slide, and aim would be too much. 

I just don't feel the need to carry very often, that's all. Nothing wrong with guys that do. Most of the time the gun is just sitting on the nightstand - unchambered.

By "throw it in the truck" you mean not in ANY type of enclosure (not even a pocket holster)?

Keep it in a nylon holster jammed between the seat cushion and "middle" area. It's a nice fit, handle sticks right up for easy action.

Nah, I just throw that motherfucker in the truck and hope to find it when I get to my destination!

my truck

my car

2/1/13 4:55 PM
Argonaut
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IN!

Makings of a great thread
2/1/13 5:08 PM
jkd_guy
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

threads like these make me sad.

living in NYC, the chance of getting a carry license is about the same as winning the lottery.
2/1/13 5:19 PM
fayceofff
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't carry condition 1 only because my gun doesn't have an external safety. If I can't grab cover long enough to chamber a round, I'm probably screwed anyway...
2/1/13 5:24 PM
Sagiv Lapkin
2066 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NerdQuestionOfTheDay.com, Owner
fayceofff - I don't carry condition 1 only because my gun doesn't have an external safety. If I can't grab cover long enough to chamber a round, I'm probably screwed anyway...

Mine doesn't have an external safety either. I don't really think that's necessary. If you don't want to fire a round, don't squeeze the trigger. However if you're in an adrenaline situation you may not get a good rack of the slide and be fucked. Your hand could be sweaty, etc...fuck that.

Condition 1 or not at all IMO.

2/1/13 5:24 PM
Billbo
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheAssMurderer -
Sagiv Lapkin - 

Personally, I do carry in condition 1 and it is my opinion (and JUST my opinion) that if you have a good holster that is how you should carry.

Nope. Tell you why I don't -

For one, I rarely carry period. If I do carry, I just throw it in the truck with me. This most often occurs on trips when I'm by myself. Usually I put my gun in my backpack unchambered. If something were to happen and I couldnt get it fast enough, theyve got the drop on me anyways.

If I were carrying using my holster, I'd carry chambered. In that scenario, having to draw your weapon, rack the slide, and aim would be too much. 

I just don't feel the need to carry very often, that's all. Nothing wrong with guys that do. Most of the time the gun is just sitting on the nightstand - unchambered.

I, for one, am glad that a self proclaimed murderer (ass or not) has chosen not to daily carry a firearm. Phone Post
2/1/13 5:45 PM
MarsMan
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sagiv Lapkin - 

ALWAYS 1 in the chamber, except inside airplanes :(

2/1/13 6:36 PM
Rogans secret stash
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sagiv Lapkin -

Yup. Cocked and locked. Only way to carry a 1911. Phone Post
2/1/13 6:41 PM
Sharkey420
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
2/1/13 9:21 PM
Dark Knight
372 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

- CCW weapon of choice

I was given an SR9 by a team that worked for me as a going away gift. I use to carry a full size 1911 but todays ballistics make the 9mm a good choice with 17 rounds.

I try to shoot every weekend. I start with my 22 warming up with multiple shots, getting trigger control down and recovery for followup shots. then the other guns I carry.

- Holster of choice

- Carry method of choice (IWB, shoulder, ankle, etc)

I prefer IWB, I have a nice leather one, it holds its shape so when I re-holster it held its shape, a nylon one will go flat.

- Laws

Virginia. I carry everywhere.

- Common misconceptions

- You have to own the smallest gun you can for conceal carry. Dress for carrying. And buy a gun you will shoot often.

I bought a 3 inch 1911, the recoil and size makes it harder for longer shots. There is a time when that gun is the better choice than a full size. Also it is very picky with ammunition, the feed ramp angle is greater.

- A thick belt works just as well as a gun belt. Buy a gun belt

- Dos and Don’ts

- Drill. Just like Martial Arts, if you dont keep up on it you lose the skill. Take a year off from fighting, then put on the gloves and fight someone who hasnt. No fun.

Get smooth on the draw, look up dry fire drills and practice.

- Shoot. The closer to reality you get the better you will be. If you can do IDPA or IPSC do it. But shoot often to keep up the skills.

The three inch 1911, I shoot it to keep up the skills on it.

- Safty always, keep your finger off the trigger
2/1/13 9:40 PM
PoWdA101
700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rogans secret stash - I carry a Springfield loaded champion (1911) in a Milt Sparks vm2 (iwb) and normally use a beltman belt.
Phone Post
Do you carry with the hammer cocked? If so is that normal? Phone Post
2/1/13 9:49 PM
Dark Knight
372 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoWdA101 - 
Rogans secret stash - I carry a Springfield loaded champion (1911) in a Milt Sparks vm2 (iwb) and normally use a beltman belt.
Phone Post

The 1911 is a single action. If the hammer was down then you would have to cock it, or if on an empty chamber pull the slide on the draw.

The 1911 has three safty's, the thumb safty, the beavertail and keep finger off trigger until ready to fire. If you have the thumb safty off it will not fire if you do not have a proper grip on it.

When I carry my 1911's I also carry it cocked and locked.
2/1/13 9:58 PM
TowerMonkey
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sig P250 compact chambered in .40, IWB Blackhawk holster, loaded with Hornady Critical Defense. Phone Post
2/1/13 10:08 PM
Dark Knight

Sugar Dick - 

I carry two guns with me at all times. One on the hip and a small one on the small of my back.

Fastest reload is a second gun
2/1/13 10:15 PM
Rogans secret stash
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoWdA101 -
Phone Post
Yep. That's how to carry it. To the uninformed, it looks "scary". It's perfectly safe though. I had to explain it to my wife years ago. Phone Post
2/1/13 10:16 PM
pinoy413
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT and Subd. (not to thread jack) but anyone have updates on Illinois CCW? I'm really hoping the sandyhook shooting doesn't effect our law going into place finally. Last I heard, we had 180 days to have a law drafted up. Updates?

Once it comes around, I'll be inline for a Glock 26...unless you guys have something better in a 9mm for concealed carry. I'm sticking with 9mm cuz to be honest, it can do the job and I won't have to buy 2 types of ammo since I have a Glock 17 already. (makes things more convenient, and the G26 accepts the G17 mags as well)
2/1/13 10:33 PM
awilson82
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pinoy413 - TTT and Subd. (not to thread jack) but anyone have updates on Illinois CCW? I'm really hoping the sandyhook shooting doesn't effect our law going into place finally. Last I heard, we had 180 days to have a law drafted up. Updates?

Once it comes around, I'll be inline for a Glock 26...unless you guys have something better in a 9mm for concealed carry. I'm sticking with 9mm cuz to be honest, it can do the job and I won't have to buy 2 types of ammo since I have a Glock 17 already. (makes things more convenient, and the G26 accepts the G17 mags as well)
They drafted a law it's on the interwebs somewhere. Check the gunssavelife.com blog. They linked to it the other day I follow them since I'm a Hoosier near the state line. What I read looked good and it was shall issue. Phone Post
2/1/13 10:34 PM
torquemada
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Florida resident and in. Getting my ccw as we speak.

Recommend some light and easiest for carry firearms. I've got several, but a .38 is the only I have that's feasible. Phone Post
2/1/13 10:55 PM
kanotoa
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hawaii you can't carry shit. If a guys ki ks down your door you need to retreat. If you kill an intruder that was going to kill you you will still be arrested. Phone Post
2/1/13 11:04 PM
pennviachoke
1114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How'd I miss this?

In Phone Post
2/1/13 11:32 PM
TowerMonkey
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kanotoa - Hawaii you can't carry shit. If a guys ki ks down your door you need to retreat. If you kill an intruder that was going to kill you you will still be arrested. Phone Post
Just scrap brah!

Lived on Kauai for a year, I'm definitely glad to be back where I can carry. Beautiful place but the gun laws suck my left nut. Phone Post
2/2/13 12:32 AM
theken206
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h36/theken206/IMG_0792.jpg

Les Baer Custom P2 in .45 ACP in a Desantis IWB is my daily carry, with a spare mag of ball/FMJ normally.
2/2/13 12:59 AM
Rogans secret stash

Nice piece.
Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.