UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> OG Unofficial OFFICIAL Concealed Carry Thread

2/2/13 12:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rogans secret stash
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
2/4/13 5:20 PM
3rdtimesacharm
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good info here thanks. I'm getting my ccw soon. Won't be carrying much until I get a carry handgun that is small enough that I will actually carry it.
2/4/13 5:27 PM
Sagiv Lapkin
1950 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NerdQuestionOfTheDay.com, Owner
3rdtimesacharm - Good info here thanks. I'm getting my ccw soon. Won't be carrying much until I get a carry handgun that is small enough that I will actually carry it.

Where do you live brother?

2/4/13 6:25 PM
PoWdA101
592 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pinoy413 - TTT and Subd. (not to thread jack) but anyone have updates on Illinois CCW? I'm really hoping the sandyhook shooting doesn't effect our law going into place finally. Last I heard, we had 180 days to have a law drafted up. Updates?

Once it comes around, I'll be inline for a Glock 26...unless you guys have something better in a 9mm for concealed carry. I'm sticking with 9mm cuz to be honest, it can do the job and I won't have to buy 2 types of ammo since I have a Glock 17 already. (makes things more convenient, and the G26 accepts the G17 mags as well)

My buddy got the Glock 26 and I didn't like the way it felt in my hand.

This means nothing and I am a total gun noob.

2/4/13 6:26 PM
PoWdA101
592 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/04/13 6:27 PM

I love the way the PX4 storm compact looks. Almost bought one.

2/4/13 7:38 PM
3rdtimesacharm
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sagiv - in florida. Phone Post
2/4/13 7:51 PM
3rdtimesacharm

Was looking at taking a class is it a waste of money? Grew up around guns so saftey is drilled into my head but ive never been shooting at a range muchwe would just shoot a fridge or some shit behind the house. Was looking at the tactical classes in southern florida. Phone Post
2/4/13 10:37 PM
awilson82
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rdtimesacharm - Was looking at taking a class is it a waste of money? Grew up around guns so saftey is drilled into my head but ive never been shooting at a range muchwe would just shoot a fridge or some shit behind the house. Was looking at the tactical classes in southern florida. Phone Post
Yes so long as u find a place with good instructors and a good rep classes are a huge step in becoming a good shooter. I always thought I was good then I took a class and realized how much of what I was doing was wrong.

There are probably good local trainers but if u get the chance to train with someone like Costa or Haley or Vickers or any of the world class guys take it.

Shooting is a skill much like martial arts if u go hop in the cage untrained u will get ur ass kicked and that training teaches u so much. Shooting again like martial arts is also a degrading skill u put off shooting and then u need time to build ur skill back up. Phone Post
2/5/13 7:25 PM
fayceofff
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/05/13 11:12 PM
Edited: awilson is correct. To quote an instructor I once took a class from "If you're not actively getting better, you're getting worse."
5/28/13 12:52 AM
Mike Adrian
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub

5/28/13 2:50 AM
FUTA WON (C)
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub for IL getting really close to a CC law passing Phone Post
6/4/13 9:58 AM
BetJits
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just purchased an M&P Shield in 9mm. I am going to IMB carry with a Ramora holster. I will add more detail later as I just found this thread and am at work.
6/4/13 1:19 PM
pinoy413
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUTA WON (C) -  Sub for IL getting really close to a CC law passing Phone Post

This. Is there like an official IL website that will tell you exactly step by step what you need to get your CCW?
6/4/13 1:32 PM
awilson82
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pinoy413 -
FUTA WON (C) -  Sub for IL getting really close to a CC law passing Phone Post

This. Is there like an official IL website that will tell you exactly step by step what you need to get your CCW?
I don't know if one as of yet but I'd watch guns save life's blog as they will be on top of it and have a full breakdown once shit is finalized.

If I had to guess it will go something like -
Have a foid (for instate residents)
Take the 16 hrs of classes n get a form to send it saying u completed it
Fill out a permit application n get finger printed at your local police station or sheriffs office
Wait
Recurve permit Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 1:51 PM
LastDon
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm getting my permit and need a carry piece and rig, so I'm in for later.
mje364
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
Sagiv Lapkin
1950 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NerdQuestionOfTheDay.com, Owner
LastDon - I'm getting my permit and need a carry piece and rig, so I'm in for later.

Good, good.

6/4/13 2:31 PM
unclephilly
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

- CCW weapon of choice: My HK USP Compact .45

- Holster of choice: Done Hume.

- Carry method of choice: IWB

Had my license for about 2 years now and only put my hand on my weapons once.
6/4/13 3:31 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kahr CW 9
Hydra shok ammo x2 mags
Holster from Celtic Holsters (local) Phone Post
6/5/13 7:06 PM
LastDon
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awilson, what do you think of the bp9cc? Phone Post 3.0
6/5/13 7:11 PM
PyleDrive Me, I Love It Baby
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BetJits - I just purchased an M&P Shield in 9mm. I am going to IMB carry with a Ramora holster. I will add more detail later as I just found this thread and am at work.
I'm looking at the M&P 9mm and the Springfield XD 9mm Phone Post
6/5/13 8:17 PM
Willie Makitt
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will finally get to make good use of my Utah permit in August when I fly out to Montana and drive back to Maryland. The Utah permit covers me in every state on the way back but Illinois. I will have to lock it up and stow it away while crossing there. When I move back to Louisiana I will be good to go the whole way once I get the fuck out of Maryland. Once in LA I will have to get licensed there to maintain the Utah permit.

This is what I carry on the occasion that I get out of MD on personal time and will be carrying for the trip:

This is it all packed up for the plane ride:

6/5/13 9:18 PM
Arodjohns
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

spider guard - I carry a full size 1911 in a VM2 as well. I use a wilderness belt with the plastic( or kydex) stiffener in it. No problems with it and I prefer it over carrying my glock with a VM2.

This +1.

Wilderness Instructor's Belt with plastic stiffeners

Black Cow leather VM2

Kimber Custom II

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.