UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Good kneepads for BJJ?

1/31/13 9:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pride Wanderlei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im worried about the long term of jacking up my knee's. What are the best knee pads out there? Will they make a big difference in the end? Phone Post
1/31/13 11:25 PM
SC MMA MD
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any of the neoprene sleeve wrestling knee pads are usually pretty good. I wear them most of the time I train no-go, and they make a big difference on how my knees look and feel the next day. Phone Post
1/31/13 11:30 PM
shoudawhouda
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually prefer wearing volleyball knee pads. I buy the muzuno brand and really like the way that they fit. Phone Post
1/31/13 11:35 PM
SBJJSean
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bauerfiend genutrains 100 bucks a piece but seem worth the money
1/31/13 11:37 PM
John Frankl
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McDavid are very nice.
1/31/13 11:39 PM
omoplautistic
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wraptor from cliff keen is excellent. Phone Post
1/31/13 11:42 PM
Pride Wanderlei

Damn didnt expect all of these choices Phone Post
1/31/13 11:45 PM
Mitey Mouze
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

omoplautistic - Wraptor from cliff keen is excellent. Phone Post
Love the cliff keen braces. Phone Post
2/1/13 12:30 AM
MurdochIRL
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It sounds funny but I swear by mizuno softball pads. There's enough protection without a lot of bulk, stays tight and lasts. I think they're $15 or so. Phone Post
2/1/13 12:36 AM
blackmonkey

Trace.

Rickson uses them.

That is all.
2/1/13 1:45 AM
drx604
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use asics wrestling knee sleeves.... Haven't tried them under gi pants but with no gi they work good Phone Post
2/1/13 8:40 AM
90lb_weakling
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another vote for the wraptors. Theyre awesome. Phone Post
2/1/13 9:57 AM
halfninja
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use Brute Neoprene Knee Sleeves. If you've got the right fit, they're fantastic.
2/1/13 10:27 AM
SC MMA MD
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use the Brute sleeves as well currently, but I only wear them no-gi. I find they make my Gi pants bunch up at my knees and just generally get in the way with the Gi. The double fabric on the knee of the gi pants seems like enough protection unless I have an injured knee. Do any of you always wear knee pads under gi pants? Phone Post
2/1/13 10:37 AM
shoudawhouda
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SC MMA MD -  I use the Brute sleeves as well currently, but I only wear them no-gi. I find they make my Gi pants bunch up at my knees and just generally get in the way with the Gi. The double fabric on the knee of the gi pants seems like enough protection unless I have an injured knee. Do any of you always wear knee pads under gi pants? Phone Post

I wear my volleyball knee pads under my gi. They are very slim fitting and don't bunch up yet still offer a ton of protection. I have bad knees so grappling without knee pads isn't an option for me.
2/1/13 11:09 AM
green_machine
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shoudawhouda - 
SC MMA MD -  I use the Brute sleeves as well currently, but I only wear them no-gi. I find they make my Gi pants bunch up at my knees and just generally get in the way with the Gi. The double fabric on the knee of the gi pants seems like enough protection unless I have an injured knee. Do any of you always wear knee pads under gi pants? Phone Post

I wear my volleyball knee pads under my gi. They are very slim fitting and don't bunch up yet still offer a ton of protection. I have bad knees so grappling without knee pads isn't an option for me.

Same here. It's odd at first, but you get used to it after awhile and it just feels normal.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.