UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Shoyoroll Batch 17 The Competitor Photos & Details

1/31/13 10:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
thebjjprofessor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/31/13 10:37 PM

Just found out these aren't going to be GUMA-only, so I think we're good to post pictures now! :)

I've been waiting a while to get one of these.  Just wish I wasn't in-between sizes in SYR.  The a2 is too small if it shrinks even a little bit and the a3 is too big even after I've tried to shrink the heck out of it!

If you have any questions, post them up here and I'll be sure to answer them!
1/31/13 11:01 PM
hemmingway

A few to many logos Phone Post
2/1/13 12:31 AM
ElPulpo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuckin' hipsters.
2/1/13 1:30 AM
Herbish1
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weak Phone Post
2/1/13 8:38 AM
X_Rated
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I seriously don't get the hate. SYR pants are just so amazing. I've been waiting for the next white gi from them... Phone Post
2/1/13 8:57 AM
spider guard
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do people realize that their gis are pretty much the same thing over and over? I mean they just change the color scheme, have a cool name and that's pretty much it. I just don't get it. There are comparable gis for cheaper and IMHO, better ones for the same price range.
2/1/13 3:41 PM
John Nic

who cares what gi someone wears or how it looks? if you don't like it, simply do not buy it. no need to spread negativity around. syr is doing a great job with their gi's and they are in hot demand.
2/1/13 4:46 PM
thebjjprofessor

I dig a lot of bling and patches on my gis, so this is right up my alley.

2/1/13 5:09 PM
Barbartha
354 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shoyoroll lost its steam...

2/1/13 6:09 PM
ozjiujitsu
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys. I read on shoyorolls Instagram that this isn't. "Fitted" gi like some of their others. Any explanation on this??? Also I'm 5 7 and 145 pounds what gi should I be looking for op? Phone Post
2/1/13 6:12 PM
Blackbeltpanda
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ozjiujitsu - Hey guys. I read on shoyorolls Instagram that this isn't. "Fitted" gi like some of their others. Any explanation on this??? Also I'm 5 7 and 145 pounds what gi should I be looking for op? Phone Post
A1 probably. Phone Post
2/1/13 6:12 PM
Blackbeltpanda
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fat referee -

This gi should be called "the poser". 

I've never seen anyone wear a shoyoroll that wasn't pretty good. Phone Post
2/1/13 7:02 PM
biggator
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think he means poser bc this particular syr is made to "look like" what their sponsored athletes wear.

2/1/13 8:37 PM
crotchshot
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Syr sucks. You guys should definitely not log into Budovideos and try to preorder the gi. You should especially not try to order the white A2. I repeat, Syr is an awful company and only scrub whitebelts and hipster blue belts wear their gear.
2/1/13 9:15 PM
DavidLangsBlackBelt
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5"10 165-170. A little bit longer arms than normal. What size? Im going for blue Phone Post
2/1/13 9:29 PM
crotchshot
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A2

A3 would be way too baggy.
2/1/13 9:30 PM
crotchshot

Check out BJJprofessor's link in the opening post. There is a sizing chart.
2/1/13 10:02 PM
GB Dave Jr
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

while I personally do not own a shoyoroll, I have to say that I like what they are doing. no one person will like the appearance of every gi they make. but to me, thats the point. they try to appeal to as many individuals as possible. that way they can have a relatively unique gi. nothing wrong with that.
2/2/13 12:33 AM
drx604

ozjiujitsu - Hey guys. I read on shoyorolls Instagram that this isn't. "Fitted" gi like some of their others. Any explanation on this??? Also I'm 5 7 and 145 pounds what gi should I be looking for op? Phone Post
I believe they are referring to the F sizes which meant for smaller people and females and teens Phone Post
2/3/13 7:33 PM
thebjjprofessor

ozjiujitsu -  Hey guys. I read on shoyorolls Instagram that this isn't. "Fitted" gi like some of their others. Any explanation on this??? Also I'm 5 7 and 145 pounds what gi should I be looking for op? Phone Post

A1 for sure!

2/3/13 7:35 PM
thebjjprofessor

Edited: 02/03/13 7:35 PM
DavidLangsBlackBelt -  5"10 165-170. A little bit longer arms than normal. What size? Im going for blue Phone Post

The A1L is going to fit perfect out of the bag, but if it shrinks it'll be too small on you. I'd say grab an A2 and then you'll be able to dry it a bit.  Just note that I can fit an A2 out of the bag at 6'1 and 200lbs.  You can see me try on the syr goldstar here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCNHfGQpnns

2/3/13 9:13 PM
Squishyman12
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had go break down and get a white A2 Phone Post
2/3/13 11:52 PM
drx604

thebjjprofessor -
DavidLangsBlackBelt -  5"10 165-170. A little bit longer arms than normal. What size? Im going for blue Phone Post

The A1L is going to fit perfect out of the bag, but if it shrinks it'll be too small on you. I'd say grab an A2 and then you'll be able to dry it a bit.  Just note that I can fit an A2 out of the bag at 6'1 and 200lbs.  You can see me try on the syr goldstar here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCNHfGQpnns

Yah A2... A1L is good for 5ft6 to 5ft9 range I would guess

I'm A1L 5ft7 183lbs. Phone Post
2/4/13 1:20 AM
DavidLangsBlackBelt
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

drx604 -
thebjjprofessor -

Yah A2... A1L is good for 5ft6 to 5ft9 range I would guess

I'm A1L 5ft7 183lbs. Phone Post
Good to know. I was going to go a1L because I know the syr run big. Ill go a2 now. Vtfu when at pc for both Phone Post
2/4/13 2:59 AM
Poncey
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have had about 6 SYRs over the years.

I'm 5'10 and about 160 and their A2 is waaaaay too big after the changed the sizing from batch 9 onwards. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.