UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Shoyoroll Batch 17 The Competitor Photos & Details

2/4/13 10:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Blackbeltpanda
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have an extra blue one of these If anyone would like to purchase it Phone Post
2/4/13 3:15 PM
Poncey
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Size? Phone Post
2/4/13 3:41 PM
TheBearStare
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have a 7th son and its an A4. it fits me perfectly. is the sizing different now?
2/4/13 5:29 PM
thebasher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poncey -  I have had about 6 SYRs over the years.

I'm 5'10 and about 160 and their A2 is waaaaay too big after the changed the sizing from batch 9 onwards. Phone Post

doesn't make sense to me. I am 5"11 and 180 and have been wearing A2 since batch 5
2/5/13 2:48 AM
Poncey
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My Yin, Yang and Americanas all had to be sold. Phone Post
2/5/13 2:48 AM
Poncey

But my Yank still fits fine Phone Post
2/5/13 8:19 AM
Barbartha
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every Shoyoroll pants I have ever owned, regardless of weave, material, or style, have ripped. Their tops are cracker like, but their pants are for the birds...rather have a zombie!

www.zombiekimonos.com

2/5/13 5:28 PM
drx604
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thebasher -
Poncey -  I have had about 6 SYRs over the years.

I'm 5'10 and about 160 and their A2 is waaaaay too big after the changed the sizing from batch 9 onwards. Phone Post

doesn't make sense to me. I am 5"11 and 180 and have been wearing A2 since batch 5
older batches 6 and 7 A2 still fit me well ....

Batch 8 (Yank) still a bit big inA2, but wearable....

Starting with whatever the Americana/Compandre batch, A2 are all huge on me... Ended up selling them off

... Current batches a1L fits perfect on me

So I have noticed a variation in sizes... I own >20 gi (all SYR) Phone Post
2/5/13 10:03 PM
DavidLangsBlackBelt
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im still confused....and its tomorrow. Oh well, if it's to big ill sell it worse case scenario.....for a profit Phone Post
2/5/13 11:04 PM
thebjjprofessor

they do run big, but just follow their size chart. they run big meaning that their a3 is made for people up to 6'3" and most A3 gis stop at 6'-6'1".

Just means their sizing is bigger, but their chart is fairly accurate.

2/6/13 2:07 AM
drx604
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DavidLangsBlackBelt - Im still confused....and its tomorrow. Oh well, if it's to big ill sell it worse case scenario.....for a profit Phone Post
You are about the same height as my instructor and he fits a2 ... I had him try a2 and a1Ls and the a1Ls are too short for a guy of his height/arm length .... I think he's about 5 10 and 180lbs.... a1L is probably gonna be short after shrinking ...

I have pics of me wearing unwashed and washed a1L if u need reference but I'm probably shorter limbed than you are..

Frat... I think a2 is your better bet.... Unless u are going for that tight look Phone Post
2/6/13 2:12 AM
drx604

The Principal - Syr, like all kimonos, will shrink a bit more in white. This is especially true if you use the dryer. So when comparing batches, you must compare like colors. Phone Post
My a2 batch 6 and 7 , which I still use, are much smaller fitting than a a2 white compadre (idk what batch it is) ... I ended up selling it to a training partner and he has tried all he could to shrink it and its still longer/bigger than my old batch 6 of same size and colour....

The material is also different which can possibly account for some of the difference. Phone Post
2/6/13 3:44 AM
shiki31

ozjiujitsu - Hey guys. I read on shoyorolls Instagram that this isn't. "Fitted" gi like some of their others. Any explanation on this??? Also I'm 5 7 and 145 pounds what gi should I be looking for op? Phone Post
I'm 5'7" 165 and the A1 is good for me with some shrinkage. Shoyorolls run a little big but A1 would be good for you based on your height. Phone Post
2/6/13 4:10 PM
DavidLangsBlackBelt
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the help. Didnt mean to sound needy but shit.is expensive haha. Ended up getting a2 in blue. Went back later and saw they werent sold out yet so I snagged a1L in white. I'll sell whichever doesn't fit Phone Post
2/6/13 4:44 PM
StrictScrutiny

I think there are still some gi's left. Is it just me, or has Shoyoroll lost some of its luster???
2/6/13 5:26 PM
Sugarfoot
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StrictScrutiny - I think there are still some gi's left. Is it just me, or has Shoyoroll lost some of its luster???
I think they look nice, but I won't jump through any hoops to get one when other quality products are out there for less.

The whole Ebay bs is a big turn off too. Phone Post
2/6/13 9:14 PM
Pride Wanderlei

thebjjprofessor -
ozjiujitsu -  Hey guys. I read on shoyorolls Instagram that this isn't. "Fitted" gi like some of their others. Any explanation on this??? Also I'm 5 7 and 145 pounds what gi should I be looking for op? Phone Post

A1 for sure!

This im 5'8" and 150 and an A1 is PERFECT Phone Post
2/7/13 8:05 AM
thebjjprofessor

Still a ton of these for sale over at Budo!

2/8/13 5:09 PM
StrictScrutiny

thebjjprofessor - 

Still a ton of these for sale over at Budo!

I think they finally sold out at Budo. Was it cheaper to go through Shoyoroll as opposed to Budo?? Is that why the Shoyoroll site sold out first?
2/8/13 10:38 PM
Hunter V
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sugarfoot - 
StrictScrutiny - I think there are still some gi's left. Is it just me, or has Shoyoroll lost some of its luster???
I think they look nice, but I won't jump through any hoops to get one when other quality products are out there for less.

The whole Ebay bs is a big turn off too. Phone Post

lol at this BS. They sell for exactly what most everyone other than maybe Fuji is selling their stuff for. The mythical "SYR prices are out of control" crap needs to end. Just don't be a sheep and pay 500 for one on Ebay.

I got the black competitor, in my hands right now actually. Fits and feels EXACTLY like my Yank. So if anybody has a Yank and is wondering how this gi fits, its just like the Yank.
2/9/13 12:11 PM
drx604

Picked up my order today.... The black is really nice... But I let my instructor have it.... Hooked up my allotment of 5 gi to my teammates Phone Post
2/10/13 8:59 PM
BJJkilla

i've been buying shoyoroll gis ever since batch 4, have never had problems buying any of them (except maybe the yin/yang batch, had some trouble with the lag getting my yang). other brands like tatami are just as good imo and cheaper.

picked up the white one from this batch but not that impressed with the same old color scheme, i mean they could at least mix it up instead of just re-using the comp lite colorways from last year.
2/11/13 4:42 AM
Pride Wanderlei

Are These gi's good? I need a new gi but im wondering if this is all Hype Phone Post
2/11/13 8:05 PM
thebjjprofessor

Maybe not worth the near $200 price tag, but definitely a SOLID mid-range gi.  If the price were in the 150-range, I would highly recommend it, but they do offer some special cuts that fit certain people better, so it may be worth it for them.

If they made one that fit me as well as my A2L Ronin Samurai, I would wear them exclusively, but their A2 is too short and the A3 is way too wide.

2/11/13 8:25 PM
thebasher

for me the fit is just perfect - but the competidor ones fit equally as well and are a better gi in my opinion

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.