UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Shoyoroll Batch 17 The Competitor Photos & Details

2/12/13 10:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sugarfoot
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunter V -
Sugarfoot - 
StrictScrutiny - I think there are still some gi's left. Is it just me, or has Shoyoroll lost some of its luster???
I think they look nice, but I won't jump through any hoops to get one when other quality products are out there for less.

The whole Ebay bs is a big turn off too. Phone Post

lol at this BS. They sell for exactly what most everyone other than maybe Fuji is selling their stuff for. The mythical "SYR prices are out of control" crap needs to end. Just don't be a sheep and pay 500 for one on Ebay.

I got the black competitor, in my hands right now actually. Fits and feels EXACTLY like my Yank. So if anybody has a Yank and is wondering how this gi fits, its just like the Yank.
What bs? Sounds like the bs was coming from you buddy. Phone Post
2/12/13 3:07 PM
shiki31
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just got my order yesterday but they shorted me one gi. Pretty upset about that. Hopefully the problem is resolved quickly. Doesn't help that they recycled old invoices/packing slips and print on both sides. My order was on one side (2 gis) and another dudes order was on the other side (1 gi). Smh. Phone Post
2/12/13 4:27 PM
Sugarfoot
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn I wish I would have bought the GUMA package for $379, so my gis were cheaper and didnt have to pay extra for exclusive Gis only sold to members. SMH Phone Post
2/12/13 5:21 PM
falsecrack
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This last offering kind of irritated me.  It feels like they had a bunch of leftover stock from gis they give out to guys they sponsor and then dumped them on the us at full price.  This gi is really their poorest offering to date imo, and more expensive than many of their earlier offerings.  They probably should've cut the price to about 150, this is definitely going to hurt their bottom line and make people hesitant to continue supporting the brand.

Plus it smells like mothballs.  Unsure how many washes it'll take to get that out.

2/12/13 10:50 PM
The Professional
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

falsecrack -

This last offering kind of irritated me.  It feels like they had a bunch of leftover stock from gis they give out to guys they sponsor and then dumped them on the us at full price.  This gi is really their poorest offering to date imo, and more expensive than many of their earlier offerings.  They probably should've cut the price to about 150, this is definitely going to hurt their bottom line and make people hesitant to continue supporting the brand.

Plus it smells like mothballs.  Unsure how many washes it'll take to get that out.

My competition GI from 3 years back (yellow, black, white scheme), still smells like mothballs. 3 years and 50 washes!

This GI is going straight to eBay if they smell like that again. Phone Post
2/13/13 1:30 AM
JoeyHustle
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Professional -
falsecrack -

My competition GI from 3 years back (yellow, black, white scheme), still smells like mothballs. 3 years and 50 washes!

Use soap buddy. After one wash mine smelled like normal. Phone Post
2/13/13 2:05 AM
The Professional
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeyHustle -
The Professional -
falsecrack -

Use soap buddy. After one wash mine smelled like normal. Phone Post
Bear? Phone Post
2/13/13 7:28 AM
Barbartha
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pride Wanderlei -  Are These gi's good? I need a new gi but im wondering if this is all Hype Phone Post

Buy a zombie.

www.zombiekimonos.com

Best gi I have ever owned.

2/14/13 5:50 PM
Hunter V
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/14/13 5:51 PM
Sugarfoot - 
Hunter V -
Sugarfoot - 
StrictScrutiny - I think there are still some gi's left. Is it just me, or has Shoyoroll lost some of its luster???

I think they look nice, but I won't jump through any hoops to get one when other quality products are out there for less.

The whole Ebay bs is a big turn off too. Phone Post

lol at this BS. They sell for exactly what most everyone other than maybe Fuji is selling their stuff for. The mythical "SYR prices are out of control" crap needs to end. Just don't be a sheep and pay 500 for one on Ebay.

I got the black competitor, in my hands right now actually. Fits and feels EXACTLY like my Yank. So if anybody has a Yank and is wondering how this gi fits, its just like the Yank.

What bs? Sounds like the bs was coming from you buddy. Phone Post

There is no BS. And there is no jumping through hoops, if I ever have wanted to order one its been pretty damn easy esp as they put up info like a month in advanced. Now if you hate that aspect I cannot blame you but hell its not that hard to order the product when its release unless you're absolutely incompetent. And the prices are in line with what most of the market charges, whereas you have some that charge even more (Storms come to mind, completely overrated IMHO after seeing teammates get them and they have threads and patches falling apart after a month and the damn things cost around 250).

And like I said, don't be a sucker and go the ebay route. Just pay attention to any releases and plan accordingly. Also what are some of you guys using for washing detergent if your gi's still smell after years of use!? I can normally have that moth ball smell gone after two weeks of use. And I air dry the gi's.
2/14/13 5:55 PM
Sugarfoot

Did you have to buy the GUMA package to get the black competitor gi? Phone Post
2/16/13 3:25 AM
drx604
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sugarfoot - Did you have to buy the GUMA package to get the black competitor gi? Phone Post
The black was for 2012 members only Phone Post
2/16/13 7:39 AM
Hunter V
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't, a friend of mine did and he just sold it to me at cost. I think the package thing is a bit silly so no way I would ever drop dime for anything like that, but hey some people love to spend money so whatever.
2/16/13 11:56 AM
Sugarfoot

So which route is better? Buying a GUMA membership, Ebay, or having a friend that will sell you one at cost? No BS or hoops please. Phone Post
2/16/13 12:05 PM
Hunter V

Having a friend who will sell it to you is that I say. The GUMA membership to me is not worth it UNLESS you REALLY want to have the exclusive gi's. For example I passed on the 1751 and the Forever Rolls gi's as I would rather my friend sell them on ebay for a bigger profit. But they could have been mine if I wanted. I like my gi's and SYR is pretty much my brand due to how they fit, but to me you do need to draw a line somewhere regarding cost. And when it comes to ordering, make sure you already have a budovideos account and just take your lunch break around the time that they sell gi's as its what I have done. I NEVER have missed buying a SYR that I really wanted (and if you have a friend w the membership then get them to reserve you a gi and just pay them for it, as I have done that once due to me being out of the country but I still wanted the Count for example).
2/16/13 12:10 PM
Hunter V

To me, the GUMA thing is something SYR has severely dropped the ball on. To me more creativity in shirts, rashguards, and shorts is what they should be doing along w maybe offering up 2 more gi's that mainstream customers cannot pick up or kick ass variations on a few that are going to be released to the public. Instead they seem to rely on a lazy business model in terms of knowing they have a built in consumer base so there is no need to push for more creativity. Due to this, to me the GUMA membership is NOT worth the money. I say this after seeing how the GUMA membership was for a friend of mine. There are perks like being able to order gi's and getting them a LOT faster (I had my black competitor for example the day after the white and blue were on sale officially) but unless you are just balling cash wise there is no point in joining.

Supposedly they are going to do better this year around but I will believe like I see it. Most bjj companies unfortunately are lazy and live too much of the relaxed bjj life even in the business-world, hurting their creativity in the long run.
2/16/13 8:00 PM
Blackbeltpanda
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunter V - To me, the GUMA thing is something SYR has severely dropped the ball on. To me more creativity in shirts, rashguards, and shorts is what they should be doing along w maybe offering up 2 more gi's that mainstream customers cannot pick up or kick ass variations on a few that are going to be released to the public. Instead they seem to rely on a lazy business model in terms of knowing they have a built in consumer base so there is no need to push for more creativity. Due to this, to me the GUMA membership is NOT worth the money. I say this after seeing how the GUMA membership was for a friend of mine. There are perks like being able to order gi's and getting them a LOT faster (I had my black competitor for example the day after the white and blue were on sale officially) but unless you are just balling cash wise there is no point in joining.

Supposedly they are going to do better this year around but I will believe like I see it. Most bjj companies unfortunately are lazy and live too much of the relaxed bjj life even in the business-world, hurting their creativity in the long run.
I had it last year and was a pretty big waste Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.