UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> McGillicutty Has Some BIG Names Backing Him

1/31/13 10:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, Michael McGillicutty has been training with The Rock as we have noted before. However, now it's been made clear that The Rock & Triple H are both behind McGillicutty as being part of the future. There's also a rather large push, according to the Wrestling Observer, to push out the "McGillicutty" name and use Joe Hennig ...his actual name. WWE officials are reportedly so far against using real names though as WWE "need to own full names" that this is unlikely to happen. No word as to why Hennig isn't actually being used though.
1/31/13 11:37 PM
Winky is Wright
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I understand they don't want to use real names, but don't tell us he's the son of late great Curt Hennig and call him McGillicutty at the same time. 

They do the same shit with Bo Dallas on NXT (son of IRS) 

btw.. Joe better eat a few charisma bars before this major push.

2/1/13 1:30 AM
TheZa
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bo needs to get rid of that dumb fucking glove too.  Why is he wearing one black leather glove?  

I think I've heard it suggested on here that he should be called The Perfect Son or some shit.  That would work.  I think that everyone can agree that calling him McGillicutty is stupid.  

2/1/13 2:10 AM
Stribo
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mexican style, Mr Perfect Jnr? Phone Post
2/1/13 4:42 AM
TheZa
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ I wonder if they could own Curt Henning, Jr. That'd be win/win. Phone Post
2/1/13 7:59 AM
jujitsujamo
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The McGillicutty name is just plain stupid. I totally get that they want to own all intellectual property but lets be honest - do you really consider that name "intellectual" property?

They really need to think more about these names. Dolph Ziggler does not sound like a name that should be headlining Wrestlemania, nor does Michael McGillicutty. Phone Post
2/1/13 8:03 AM
torquemada
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I sort of get why they protect the names, but he's a fucking Henning. He's the Perfect Son. It's damn near the most instant push you should have.

We're not talking Reid Flair here, amirite?
2/1/13 10:28 AM
RedDragonUK
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just like hearing Santino say it lol Phone Post
2/1/13 11:03 AM
BigWilliam
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since his real name is Hennig couldn't they use Henning and copyright it and still leave him is birth name? Not connecting him with Larry the Axe and Mr Perfect is moronic. They love that third generation super start label.
2/1/13 11:57 AM
Nuckin Futs
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheZa - 

Bo needs to get rid of that dumb fucking glove too.  Why is he wearing one black leather glove?  

I think I've heard it suggested on here that he should be called The Perfect Son or some shit.  That would work.  I think that everyone can agree that calling him McGillicutty is stupid.  

My guess would be he wears the one glove in honor of his Grandfather Blackjack Mulligan.

2/1/13 2:57 PM
grizz632
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stribo - Mexican style, Mr Perfect Jnr? Phone Post
El hijo de perfecto Phone Post
2/1/13 4:15 PM
Stribo
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grizz632 -
Now that's a classic right there. Phone Post
2/1/13 4:24 PM
Nonlinear
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheZa - 

The Perfect Son.  

Perfect.

2/1/13 4:38 PM
ArtMinaj

Dumb on WWE's part to not let people use their real names.  What's he going to do?  Go to TNA?  Not like anyone would know or care.

2/1/13 5:40 PM
jujitsujamo
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it has to do with continued use of the name after they are no longer employed there. If they own the rights to the name, the double double E might have to pay royalties. I dont know all the legal details but I am guessing it has something to do with that.

PS - Hello Art. I am a fan of your work on here. Phone Post
2/1/13 6:21 PM
grizz632
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stribo -
grizz632 -
Now that's a classic right there. Phone Post
They could pair him with El Generico and start a feud with the luchadors who are actually Mexican Phone Post
2/1/13 6:27 PM
ArtMinaj

jujitsujamo -  I think it has to do with continued use of the name after they are no longer employed there. If they own the rights to the name, the double double E might have to pay royalties. I dont know all the legal details but I am guessing it has something to do with that.

Can they really own rights to someone's real name though?  I am guessing here as well, but I think they use the fake names so that they CAN own rights to them.

Oh and thanks! 

2/1/13 6:34 PM
roninthebox
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArtMinaj -
jujitsujamo -  I think it has to do with continued use of the name after they are no longer employed there. If they own the rights to the name, the double double E might have to pay royalties. I dont know all the legal details but I am guessing it has something to do with that.

Can they really own rights to someone's real name though?  I am guessing here as well, but I think they use the fake names so that they CAN own rights to them.

Oh and thanks! 

They own john cenas name dont they? Phone Post
2/1/13 6:46 PM
ArtMinaj

I don't think they do.

Suppose Cena quit today or was fired.

Would he have to use a fake name to go make a movie or wrestle somewhere else?

2/1/13 9:21 PM
TheZa

Nuckin Futs -
TheZa - 

My guess would be he wears the one glove in honor of his Grandfather Blackjack Mulligan.

Thanks Nuckin. It still looks retarded. Phone Post
2/1/13 10:00 PM
roninthebox
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArtMinaj -

I don't think they do.

Suppose Cena quit today or was fired.

Would he have to use a fake name to go make a movie or wrestle somewhere else?

In an interview (i think with howard stern he says they own a portion of any money he makes with his name being used i forgot the term he called it tho Phone Post
2/2/13 2:18 AM
Gino_Corona

They should use Josh Matthews to conduct all of McGillicutty's backstage interviews and have McGillicutty start every interview with "Shut up, Matthews!" Phone Post
2/2/13 6:34 AM
Sergio88
482 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Perfect Axe for Joe new ring name. Phone Post
2/2/13 9:06 AM
jujitsujamo

Times like this we need an insider to splain all this legal mumbo jumbo to us. This is the PWF, the only legal stuff we are educated on is BAC. Phone Post
2/2/13 2:58 PM
Nuckin Futs
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sergio88 -  The Perfect Axe for Joe new ring name. Phone Post

How about Axesolutely Perfect

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.