UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Killer Bee Custom Gi Special

1/31/13 11:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GB Dave Jr
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think I can remember the last time I ordered a new jiujitsu gi, but I think I might be ready to order one. I know these guys get some good reviews, and they have a presence here on the message board. I think I want to get in on this custom gi special that they are offering, but I thought of an idea that would make this process a lot . easier.

What if they had a virtual gi that would give you an approximation of how the gi would look with all your specs entered in? That would be so cool, then you would have a really good idea before placing the order, if you would like it or not. Just a thought.

Still contemplating the order, and to be honest, I kind of want to order two, but can't really justify it..... :)
2/1/13 1:19 AM
chitownbjj
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://mybjjgi.com/killerbeegi/

"The Winter edition also brings a whole new level of customization as I allow customers the ability to adjust the key dimensions for a gi. Skirt length, sleeve length, pant length, and wing span." Phone Post
2/1/13 9:39 AM
killerbeegi
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would love to build something with Flash or HTML 5 that would build a Gi before your eyes. Color, length, stitching, etc but KillerBeeGi funds are limited. If you are an aspiring developer and would like to do a project like this let me know. I pay in gi's unfortunately. Phone Post
2/1/13 12:52 PM
GB Dave Jr
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha, if I was I would still take you up on it. Placed my order last night anyways. Jut thought that would be a pretty cool feature for your website. Hope no jack hole steals my idea......
2/1/13 4:16 PM
EvanMannweiler
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually have a vector template I put together that allows you to change fabric color, stitching color, rope color, add linings and patches, etc with one click each. I set it up in Illustrator but I think the elements could be saved out and put into an HTML set up that would change each individual element from presets. Killerbee, if you're interested, let me know.
2/1/13 5:30 PM
killerbeegi
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks. I am looking at java scripting the whole thing. I have been using Illustrator as well. Could you email me a screenshot of what you have? It might save me a lot of time.

Killerbeegi@gmail.com

Thanks
Jesse Phone Post
2/1/13 6:25 PM
GB Dave Jr

Do I get a cut?.... ;) Phone Post
2/4/13 11:06 AM
DaveM
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can you order different color lapel? Also, I see measurements for length but not width...
2/4/13 2:46 PM
killerbeegi

Not yet in regards to lapel color. But in the future yes. As to width I probably will not as most of the issues for a non fitting Gi seem to revolve around pants to short/long, skirt too short/long, and sleeves to short/long. You should be able to use one of the standard sizes for chest and modify the other dimensions to make fit.

Jesse Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.