UnderGround Forums

Revgear League BJJGround >> my god this magid hage! (baseball choke)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/1/13 2:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ultimatestreetfighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't think i've seen other threads on this.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQn67aeC1uNt536H4-HSZpO8Aq8zUW36w

stuff like this is what gets me excited to go to class. i can't wait to give this a shot.
2/1/13 2:33 AM
John Clarke
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
2/1/13 5:26 AM
Shemhazai
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is definitely one of the most high percentage moves in the 'that shit shouldn't work' category.
2/1/13 6:19 AM
Caught_clean
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I....dont get it! How does it work haha. I mean I know how it works but... seriously how?
2/1/13 10:07 AM
TrevorRice
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Magid Hage- new sheriff in town. Man that was AWESOME!!
that's how its done with the gi!!
2/1/13 11:16 AM
baby-silverback
426 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
2/1/13 11:20 AM
Stubbsy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Used it this morning after watching the tutorial. It worked very well. The danger area for the top player is definitely after the pass. Phone Post
2/1/13 11:22 PM
ultimatestreetfighter

i didn't realize there was already a thread about this...with almost the exact title! lol.
2/2/13 3:50 AM
TheMessiah

4later Phone Post
2/2/13 7:20 AM
Brabo Ben
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
2/2/13 8:20 AM
Stubbsy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just a quick one with this, you have to sell the pass to the side where your thumbs are pointing. Phone Post
2/2/13 11:08 AM
ThinkAlpha
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be chilling over here, waiting for armbars. Phone Post
2/2/13 2:44 PM
redwhiteandblues
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

up
2/3/13 8:07 PM
flowwiththego
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used this yesterday in a roll. I landed it three times. I watched the technique from the other thread. Im ready to go back to the gym after watching this video. I had trouble setting it up early. Last night my jiujitsu mind wouldnt turn off after using this technique.
2/3/13 11:12 PM
krept
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stubbsy - Just a quick one with this, you have to sell the pass to the side where your thumbs are pointing. Phone Post
Awesome tip, thanks Phone Post
2/5/13 1:35 AM
poopstripe
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThinkAlpha -  I'll be chilling over here, waiting for armbars. Phone Post

so was the brown belt I tried this on..damnit!
2/6/13 3:00 PM
flowwiththego
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im hitting this all week. One of my first bjj classes ever was from a purple belt in 02. He did this repeatedly that day to the class. I think he was just now picking it up at the time.
2/6/13 3:08 PM
BJJER

The danger is that if your partner is taller or bigger than you he can create enough leverage to break your grips.
2/6/13 4:38 PM
totaldude
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The first time I saw this was on an eduardo telles instructional on youtube. If I remember he finished it by letting the guy take his back and then tightening it. At least that's how I've used it for a few years now.
2/6/13 5:35 PM
shoudawhouda
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had luck with this as well last night. Also did it from open guard and just turned without waiting on them to pass. Success. I saw a tip that suggested grabbing the palm up grip first and just use it as a control grip from open guard. The guy I used it on said and I quote " that grip feels super ominous " it was the last thing he said before he tapped. BOOM! Phone Post
2/6/13 5:44 PM
ninjaboy562
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

poopstripe - 
ThinkAlpha -  I'll be chilling over here, waiting for armbars. Phone Post

so was the brown belt I tried this on..damnit!

This! One of my teammates when I was a blue belt exposed it to us, he tried it on my while I passed and I found the armbar. Having said that if you have never seen it before it is one of the moves that will make you say "What the fuck, did I just get caught with that?" Lol...

2/6/13 6:09 PM
Setree
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is obviously nasty, but avoidable. My near hand goes to your near collar, pushing it across your neck, driving my hips forward, stretching your arms out. Armbar.
2/6/13 7:03 PM
poopstripe
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dion Watt has a pretty good break down of this starting from the knees. Holding your arms in tight to avoid the armbar etc...this is a sneaky one for sure
2/6/13 7:58 PM
hubbarocks
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later. Phone Post
2/7/13 6:52 AM
Mit
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beautiful move. I first learned that in judo but from a standing position. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.