UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: I'd consider Evans vs. Silva

2/1/13 9:57 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

While the undefeated Weidman (9-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) is still in the running for a shot at UFC middleweight champion and pound-for-pound kingpin Anderson Silva (33-4 MMA, 16-0 UFC), White threw another possibility into the mix: UFC 156 co-headliner and light heavyweight Rashad Evans.

"I would consider Rashad," White said. "If Rashad won on Saturday night and wanted to go to 185, we would consider that."

"A lot of people think Chris Weidman is the No. 1 contender right now," White said. "If Rashad made a move from 205 down to 185, it'd be safe to say he's now No. 1."

read entire article...

2/1/13 10:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Death Beast
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If this is how their official rankings are going to work they may as well not bother.
2/1/13 10:09 AM
bacon19
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I walk around at 210... Wonder if I could get a shot at st Pierre if I made 170? Phone Post
2/1/13 10:09 AM
Chisel Chest
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lola Phone Post
2/1/13 10:10 AM
Chisel Chest
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol Phone Post
2/1/13 10:14 AM
UGCTT_ForeverOwnedByFryedTakayama
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Death Beast - If this is how their official rankings are going to work they may as well not bother.
Agreed.
If there are actual competitors in the weight class you should move down and be num. 1. Phone Post
2/1/13 10:16 AM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like it or not, if Rashad wants it, that's what they will do. Silva-Rashad will sell light years more than Silva-Weidman. Phone Post
2/1/13 10:23 AM
Lazer MMA

LMFAO at #1 MW with 0 wins at 85 and even Shad saying he does not know if he can fight well at that weight or even make the weight either.

Dumb ass shit in the MMAE! Screw over NOT EVEN ONLY the #1's (which at this point in MMA is JUST BS) but entire divisions of contenders.

JBJ VS Sonnen
AS X Shad

2/1/13 10:26 AM
fna
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Death Beast - If this is how their official rankings are going to work they may as well not bother.

3 upcoming title fights all for guys coming off losses, two losses in Frankie's case.... at least Rashad would have to win his fight before the title shot. Sadly, that's actually a step up from how Edgar, Chael and Diaz all got their current shots.
2/1/13 10:35 AM
TenOfSwords
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/01/13 10:36 AM
Lazer MMA - 
LMFAO at #1 MW with 0 wins at 85 and even Shad saying he does not know if he can fight well at that weight or even make the weight either.

Dumb ass shit in the MMAE! Screw over NOT EVEN ONLY the #1's (which at this point in MMA is JUST BS) but entire divisions of contenders.

JBJ VS Sonnen
AS X Shad

Never mind that Rashad has belonged at MW all along - and at least he has never lost at MW the way Sonnen has at LHW.

2/1/13 10:37 AM
Lazer MMA

Never mind Sword that HE SAYS "he does not know if he can fight well at that weight or even make the weight either" and has 0 wins there.

.57/10
2/1/13 10:46 AM
johnonguitar7

Anderson has already SIGNED to fight Weidman. He's just drumming up interest in Rashads fight on Saturday Phone Post
2/1/13 10:49 AM
Death Beast

johnonguitar7 -  Anderson has already SIGNED to fight Weidman. He's just drumming up interest in Rashads fight on Saturday Phone Post

Source?
2/1/13 10:56 AM
djones
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

johnonguitar7 -  Anderson has already SIGNED to fight Weidman. He's just drumming up interest in Rashads fight on Saturday Phone Post

WTF.... 

2/1/13 11:11 AM
MirByArmbar

I'd be very interested in seeing Rashad vs Anderson. Would be the closest thing since the Hendo fight where we would see Silva fight an elite 205er

I'd love to see Weidman get the shot, but I don't want him to rush his rehab. Anderson needs a fight. Have Weidman fight the winner in the Fall.
2/1/13 11:18 AM
SQUEEZIE

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

I like how all you have to do is win a UFC belt, then no matter what happens, you are always the #1 contender in another weight class.

when did cheal win a ufc belt?
2/1/13 11:19 AM
Death Beast

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

I like how all you have to do is win a UFC belt, then no matter what happens, you are always the #1 contender in another weight class.

More like if you potentially can sell 1mil buys you're a #1 contender
Brock, Diaz, Sonnen, etc.
2/1/13 11:38 AM
Death Beast

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
SQUEEZIE - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

when did cheal win a ufc belt?

What does Chael have to do with anything?  I'm talking about champs that automatically get title shots in other divisions despite never winning a fight in the division or losing their last fights in the division.---Randy, BJ, Edgar, Rashad

More like if you potentially can sell 1mil buys you're a #1 contender
Brock, Diaz, Sonnen, etc.

LOL at Diaz or Sonnen selling 1M ppv buys.  If Sonnen is on a card without Anderson, he brings nothing to the table.  Diaz has headlined the last 2 PPVS he's fought in and they did between 250K- 400K buys, and he was fighting people more famous than him.

That's why I added 'potentially'. They're hoping Diaz vs. GSP will draw close to a mil, same with Sonnen vs. JBJ after the TUF season.
I can amend it to say "alot of buys" if you prefer, but point still remains the same. Brock, Sonnen, Diaz, and even Diego all got title shots due to them having bigger names. None were former champs.
Your point isn't invalid, but mine isn't exactly laughable either.
2/1/13 11:51 AM
eru88
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to see evans vs silva, should be fun!
2/1/13 11:53 AM
REDRUM_NYC

There is no proof that Hasad can even cut an additioanl 20 lbs to make MW.

2/1/13 12:05 PM
dermotfix
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sometimes these things happen in MMA ...

2/1/13 12:22 PM
crazychris
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather see Weidman vs Rashad on the same card as Anderson vs the Strikeforce champ.
2/1/13 12:35 PM
MisterHawkeMMA

People's logic makes no sense. Everyone wants to see GSP go up and fight Silva at 85 even though he has never fought at 85. But when the number 2 ranked fighter at 205 talks about coming down to 85, everyone complains about how he has never fought at 85 before. Logic, please tell me how it works.
2/1/13 12:41 PM
epwar
602 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Death Beast - If this is how their official rankings are going to work they may as well not bother.

This.  The title scene is just ridiculous at this point.

2/1/13 1:03 PM
Death Beast

^This just reminds me of something that Vince McMahon said when the UFC first got on Spike and he was asked if it was a competitor to WWE.
"If there was more money to be made by doing legit fights, we never would've started doing works"
Not entirely true, but definitely not entirely false either.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.