UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Animaniacs is on The Hub + Holy Crap

2/1/13 10:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
crescentwrench
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The show was more during my little brother's time than mine so I would watch it when he did but didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it really.  Now it's rerunning evenings on The Hub so I'm watching it with my boys to get a break from the new stuff.  And wow, what was up with the early 90s?   

Now there's a good deal of great cartoons going today I think and there are things that draw adults to them while still keeping the kids' attention.  Things like Adventure Time come to mind, they have stuff that's over the head of the kids watching.  But that's not anything like the last couple of Animaniacs I just watched.  

And I'm not just talking about the one-liners (Willard Scott in a leotard).  One sketch was loosely based on the Hercule Poirot character.  And this last one was set in 1939 Warsaw.  Jesus Christ, it was about a little Jewish girl and her father escaping the Nazis.  They were never shown but from the waist down but it had the jackboots and goosestepping and heel clicking and everything.  The Nazi's Jew sniffing dog was even named Schnauzi.  

Was that all Spielberg's influence?  Not just the Nazi ep but all the pretty mature themes going on.  That was his Schindler's List era so I'm guessing he lent a lot more than his name to the show.  Like I said I never paid a lot of attention to the show before but they seem to get into some pretty heavy stuff.  You think that would ever fly these days?  Nowadays it seems to be more abstract random event type stuff rules the day.  It's existential but not as...intellectual?  Is that the right word?  Anyway, look at those big words I used talking about a silly cartoon with burping cat/puppy/monkies.  

2/1/13 3:11 PM
odysseyroc
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Top 11 naughiest Animaniac Moments

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/nostalgia-critic/34-nostalgia-critic/221-the-top-moments-in-animaniacs

2/1/13 3:35 PM
BigWilliam
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Animaniacs was awesome!
2/2/13 4:34 AM
kung_pow
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That Top 11 video should be the top 12, and the #1 naughtiest moment should be when the animaniacs are in court and and the judge says that they violated his penal code ( or something like that )

Animaniacs was awesome.
2/2/13 7:07 PM
RicePicker
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

loved this show Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.