UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: I'd like to see Anderson Silva at 205

2/1/13 3:43 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“I’d love to see Anderson at 205,” said White at the UFC 156 media day on Thursday.  “If Anderson moved up to 205-pounds, it would be so fun.  I mean, people would go crazy over that, if he started to work his way up in the 205-pound division, take on a number one contender and if he wins he fights for the title.”

Silva has fought as a light heavyweight three times in his career, racking up first-round finishes over James Irvin, Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar, but Silva has shown no interest in making a run at the UFC light heavyweight title.

On a media conference call prior to his last fight in October, Silva said he won’t make the move to light heavyweight.

“There’s always been a lot of talk about me moving up to 205,” said Silva, “I know Dana (White) has talked about it and all the fans have talked about me moving up and facing Jon Jones. But it’s something I’ve never wanted.”

read entire article...

2/1/13 3:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

October =  Anderson doesn't want it

Now = Ed Dana and Andy have all made comments about fighting Jones

????

2/1/13 3:54 PM
Card
2261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/1/13 3:54 PM
guardbr8kr

Ummmmmmmmm......ceeee..no. Geeeorge is the fight the peeople want to see. so ummmm... yaaa. dat's the big fight.
2/1/13 4:00 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

So Rashad, BJ, Randy, Diaz, Edgar, and Sonnen all get immediate title shots after either losing or never fighting in a division (or both), but Anderson needs to work his way up?

OK Dana.

Dana is probably worried that Jones wins. The UFC makes more $$$$ off Anderson if they have him fight one time before Jones to build it up. Maybe Shogun or someone like that...

2/1/13 4:07 PM
orcus

Is all this talk about Anderson moving up and fighting Jones the reason why Jon suddenly wants to move up and take the easier fight in Overeem?????

2/1/13 4:14 PM
Death Beast

orcus - 

Is all this talk about Anderson moving up and fighting Jones the reason why Jon suddenly wants to move up and take the easier fight in Overeem?????

Best joke I've read all day
2/1/13 4:22 PM
Geoffy
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/01/13 4:22 PM
imagine in a perfect world ... chael winning from Jones, meaning Anderson vs Chael 3 , champion vs champion imagine ...
2/1/13 4:37 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

GableGrip - 
Death Beast - 
orcus - 

Best joke I've read all day

He is scared of Jones. # 1 reason........................he will screen appoinents until he finds someone easy for him to look amazing against at mw

Yes because the two fighters that Dana/Zuffa have in the running are Weidman and Rashad....usch easy tailor made opponents...lol

2/1/13 4:52 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

^^^^ Troll attempt?  I suppose you think Anderson should just talk to Machida/Nog/Glover and say 'look guys, you have no chance at winning the belt, so I am just gonna go for it and break the pact we had'....?

DERPA herpa

2/1/13 4:57 PM
Death Beast

It would be pretty fucking hilarious if Andy decides he wants to move up immediately after JBJ officially goes to HW though.
2/1/13 5:19 PM
da Vinci 81
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Death Beast - It would be pretty fucking hilarious if Andy decides he wants to move up immediately after JBJ officially goes to HW though.
This is the only way it will happen, imo. I don't see silva ever moving up to fight jones. Phone Post
2/1/13 5:24 PM
OntarioNorthFishing
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why can't guys just fight at their wieght class????? There is always someone up and coming and there are usually challengers for the belt at any given time for any wieght. Sure I would love to see GSP vs AS or AS vs JBJ but Anderson won't/can't go to 170 and he doesn't want to go to 205. He should defend the belt at 185 sometime soon imo.
2/1/13 5:27 PM
JOESONDO
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't want to fight JBJ.
Doesn't want to fight at LHW.
Doesn't want to fight Weidman.

Does want to fight WW GSP
Does want to fight Cung Le

2/1/13 5:42 PM
JOESONDO
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
JOESONDO - Doesn't want to fight JBJ.
Doesn't want to fight at LHW.
Doesn't want to fight Weidman.

Does want to fight WW GSP
Does want to fight Cung Le

Joesondo...

Struggles with reading

Doesn't comprehend well

Critical thinking is not his strong point

What exactly have I misread that contradicts what I posted?
2/1/13 5:45 PM
N9K
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure if they paid him a crazy amount he would do it. Anderson Silva money play boy.
2/1/13 6:01 PM
kevsh
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson remains an enigma to me. He's arguably cleaned out the MW division (yes, I know, Weidman - arguably that's one) and there is so much talent at LHW.

I didn't read much into the victories over Griffin/Bonnar as they were hand-picked for a reason (i.e. too slow). I think many would be far more impressed if he took on one of Evans, Gustaf, Jones, etc.

His legacy as GOAT is established but if he really wants to challenge himself, make the move to 205.
2/1/13 6:56 PM
Kings21
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

Or maybe Jon wants to be the goat and you dont achieve goat status by trying to talk the champ below you into a catch weight fight.
2/1/13 7:06 PM
orcus

"Lyoto or Glover winning the belt? Not as long as Jones is a LHW. Nice troll attempt."

So Anderson moves up and beats Jones, where does that leave Lyoto, Rogerio, Glover, and Feijao? You would have five of the best fighters in the division refusing to challenge/defend the title against each other. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.