UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The key to taking down Aldo for Edgar

2/1/13 3:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/01/13 3:57 PM

Aldo's TDD is excellent but I think the key for Edgar to taking Aldo is he has to get a body lock on him and slam him down. Aldo is very good at defending takedowns targetted for the legs as we saw in the Mendes fight but I believe Mendes would've also put Aldo in his back if it weren't for the fence grab.

Mendes had a good body lock on Aldo and that is the key. Edgar needs to do the same, similar to when he slammed Penn in the 2nd fight.

Edgar could also possibly slam him like he did to Maynard if Aldo gets too aggressive

I think if it gets to the later rounds where Aldo will start to gas, it'll be easier for Edgar to hit the singles and doubles like when Hominick was able to take Aldo down with a single in the 5th round.

2/1/13 6:13 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody agree? Phone Post
2/1/13 6:22 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -  Nobody agree? Phone Post

Mendes got the same body lock to TD after the fence grab and Aldo was able to stiffle it.

I see Edgar able to get a TD or a few, but never able to hold Aldo down and do any damage on the ground. Edgar will be fine with not keeping it on the ground, as he mostly uses the TDs to score anyhow. :)

2/1/13 6:23 PM
borked
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i agree, worst fence grabbing evah!

damn brazillians.
I could see edgar in rd1 trying to eat a leg kick to counter hard to finish early if that doesnt work. I hope he can take him down and hold'em there otherwise bad night for edgar
2/1/13 6:24 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

You also imply that Hominick got a single leg TD on Aldo in the 5th, when I seem to recall Aldo wobbling Hominick, Hominick digging for a single, and Aldo choosing to go for a choke instead of defending the TD.

I'll find the GIF.

2/1/13 6:47 PM
Vinnie G
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for that gif Phone Post
2/1/13 6:55 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Vinnie G -  In for that gif Phone Post

Can anyone else find it? Fuck whoever made Iron Forges Iron/ZombieProphet take all that shit down.

All I can find is video.

2/1/13 6:59 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

At the :45 mark. Shitty video. Looks like Aldo went for the choke, but was probably on his way down anyhow....who knows what happens if he tries to sprawl instead of choke.

2/1/13 7:04 PM
MMALOGIC

Edgar has to watch out for aldo's knees and leg kicks... if edgar can defend the knees and leg kicks he will take over the fight as the match goes into the later rounds.

2/1/13 7:08 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama

Did I really get voted down 3 times for this thread? Sorry didn't mean to rustle an Aldo fan's jimmies lol. Phone Post
2/1/13 8:19 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama

ttt

2/1/13 8:20 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -  Did I really get voted down 3 times for this thread? Sorry didn't mean to rustle an Aldo fan's jimmies lol. Phone Post

I did my best to counter that, but I doubt it was from this thread...

2/1/13 8:22 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed with Frye'd, although I really think the best way to take Aldo down and keep him there is to tire him out first haha.

2/1/13 8:24 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
UGCTT_FryedTakayama -  Did I really get voted down 3 times for this thread? Sorry didn't mean to rustle an Aldo fan's jimmies lol. Phone Post

I did my best to counter that, but I doubt it was from this thread...

Thanks. I got you back :)

2/1/13 8:26 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

As an admitted Aldo taint slurper I actually want Edgar to get him down and keep him there. I really want him to showcase his grappling and I think he can sweep/reverse Edgar or possibly submit him off his back.

2/1/13 8:27 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Doctor NPD - My favorite part about Aldo's TDD is when he pulled the cage with him as Mendes tried to slam him down. That's all skill obviously!

Your use of sarcasm and creativity are unparalleled!!!!!

2/1/13 8:31 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

Agreed with Frye'd, although I really think the best way to take Aldo down and keep him there is to tire him out first haha.

Agreed. That will be the key.

2/1/13 8:35 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Doctor NPD - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Doctor NPD - My favorite part about Aldo's TDD is when he pulled the cage with him as Mendes tried to slam him down. That's all skill obviously!

Your use of sarcasm and creativity are unparalleled!!!!!

My use of sarcasm matches Aldo's use of illegal moves to prevent takedowns.

So you're saying that Aldo sucks at using illegal moves to prevent takedowns.....got it.

2/2/13 1:15 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama

PatSmithsAnkle - The secret to taking down Aldo is the ref not allowing these Brazilian fighters to grab the fence and generally cheat the way they do (see fence grab for Aldo, greasing and grabbing shorts for Silva, etc). Need some WWE style ref'ing. Grab the fence and the ref kicks your arm to make you let go.

Good idea. I could definitely see Mazzagatti using that tactic in the fight if needed. I wouldn't hold it against him ;)

2/2/13 4:01 AM
Wasa-B
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo grabbed the fence once. Mended then got him down the same way and Aldo popped back up.
2/2/13 4:41 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edgar's best chance is countering leg kicks with takedowns. The problem is when/if he gets a takedown Aldo will just stand up Phone Post
2/2/13 1:55 PM
Wasa-B
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be impressed if Frankie is able to time the leg kicks to tds.
2/2/13 2:00 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - I'll be impressed if Frankie is able to time the leg kicks to tds.
He will a couple of times, but he is going to have to really capitalize on them, because if Aldo is able to just get up and keep throwing them they will really take their toll, even if Edgar is catching them. Phone Post
2/3/13 1:25 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby

Anyone have a gif the takedown Edgar hit on Aldo like I was reffering to in the OP? I think it was in the 4th round?

2/3/13 1:33 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby

Found a nice pic atleast

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.