UnderGround Forums

Canada UnderGround >> Hamilton Muay Thai-MMA??

2/1/13 4:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
freefaller21
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody have info on this place? I'm looking for a place to train striking to keep fit and learn something new (I have a BJJ backround). Website says they do some grappling as well, prices seem decent. How's the atmosphere/attitude of the place? Thanks.
2/1/13 9:22 PM
Rusty Shackleford
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive looked into it before and it looks like a good place. Personally I recommend Joslins. Phone Post
2/1/13 9:35 PM
k1levelstriking
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rusty Shackleford - Ive looked into it before and it looks like a good place. Personally I recommend Joslins. Phone Post
This. Joslins has it all, Jeff's the man. Striking classes can get a little packed but Jeff will always give you attention Phone Post
2/3/13 7:41 PM
nineohfive
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I trained at Hamilton Muay Thai.

They claim they do grappling but they don't really do any. It is a striking gym, they have just added 'mma' to the name to appeal to everyone.

Gordie (main coach) is great, he's serious about training and conditioning/learning. He was a Canadian Muay Thai and kickboxing champ. However he let's his son run some classes and I honestly think his son could care less and I don't think he's ever actually fought.

I would also recommend Joslins, my brother used to go there and I know some other guys who go there..for an all around place I don't think it can be beat.

Hamilton Area;

Muay Thai strictly best place is probably House Of Champions
Grappling - Pura/Joslins

Don't get me wrong Hamilton Muay Thai is not a bad place, but it's only striking based in my opinion. You won't learn any wrestling/grappling there.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.