UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Link To USA Judo New Rule Interpretations

2/1/13 5:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OCJudoTrngCtr
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

USA Judo put out their notes on the new rules. It is in PDF format and can be downloaded at the link below.

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Judo/Features/2013/February/01/IJF-Refereeing-and-Competition-Rules-Modifications.aspx

There will be several clinics throughout the country where they will go over the rule changes as well.  The dates and cities are listed within the presentation.

2/2/13 6:32 AM
judoblackbelt
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

appreciate the link: I am amused on the rule of absolutely no grabbing/touching below the belt during stand up:

Important point: Use common sense in case of accidential contact.

To me the new gripping rules and immediate attacks will be the most interesting to watch and see how it improves the throwing aspect of judo.
2/2/13 10:22 AM
OCJudoTrngCtr
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The new rules are in effect at the Women's Continental Open in Sofia. It is being webcast, but at least for me, the stream is unbearable. Maybe it will work better for you if you are able to watch. The finals for Day 1 are beginning.

http://www.eju.net/calendar/?mode=showLiveTransmission&id=1285

What I could gather from the first and only match I've tried to watch so far, is that in the Women's bronze medal match the competitor from Turkey was having a difficult time adjusting to the rules and would have been in the finals if she had adjusted to them. As I said, the video was not really working for me, so I could have only caught enough of the conversation to miss the point.

2/6/13 8:52 AM
GoldenArms202
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts in DC News

When do the rules go into affect in the US?

2/6/13 10:36 AM
judoblackbelt
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My understanding is tournaments in February will be under the new rules. This was rolled out to us at our tournament in January which was under the old rules.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.