UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Batman: DKR pt 2 is awesome

2/1/13 11:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dendawg
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Talkin about the cartoon. Very adult oriented with gratuitous violence and all. I even thought Superman was portrayed well. Phone Post
2/2/13 12:36 AM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

did Supes get kickfucked like he did in the book?

2/2/13 3:06 AM
MarkRobinson
1420 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They made the Superman Batman fight a bit more crazy than in the comics. Batman was basically flying through the air, throwing wreaking balls and shit. Supes doesnt really get smashed up too much but it still achieves the same effect as the comic. 

One of my favorite panels from the comic is right after Batmans heart stops and Superman says "Dont touch him". It seemed so powerful in the book but in the animated film it didnt hit as hard. Thats really my only gripe about the whole thing. 

It was really really well done. I dont understand why DC can be so great at making animated stuff and then make a total stinker like Reynolds Green Lantern

2/2/13 10:38 AM
YVEL MACHIDA
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CharlesLewis -

did Supes get kickfucked like he did in the book?

Bet your ass he did Phone Post
2/2/13 10:40 AM
YVEL MACHIDA
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My second favorite line in that is one that isn't in the book. It's hen Jim G and Supes are at the funeral and Jim asks Supes if he was a friend of Bruce and Supe replies "I think so" and Jim replies "know the feeling".

That was beautiful fucking writing Phone Post
2/2/13 12:50 PM
Leigh
953 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes it is excellent. Phone Post
2/2/13 1:10 PM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YVEL MACHIDA -  My second favorite line in that is one that isn't in the book. It's hen Jim G and Supes are at the funeral and Jim asks Supes if he was a friend of Bruce and Supe replies "I think so" and Jim replies "know the feeling".

That was beautiful fucking writing Phone Post

That's a really good line.

Looking forward to watching this, although I wish the animation were better -- I swear it looks like it's about 10fps -- and wish it had a bit more of Frank's weird style, although it's surprisingly close.

2/2/13 10:12 PM
HEMAN
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great DC adaptation. WHY CAN'T DC USE THE SAME VOICE ACTORS??? Joker vs Batman was extremely haunting. Joker seem demonic at the end. Batman vs Superman was well done! Superman is a god like being in Miller's comic and it was treated as such.
2/4/13 12:57 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THE SUPERMAN FIGHT WAS DONE SO WELL.   LOVED IT. 

2/15/13 6:19 AM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finally got around to watching both parts back to back
Fucking amazing. Captured the feel of the comic, great voice acting(IMO), and the fight scenes were absolutely brutal and fun to watch. I wish these movies would get more attention from people who wouldn't normally watch an animated film, they're worth the time Phone Post
2/17/13 10:47 AM
torquemada
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess I'm the only one, but I wasn't crazy about it. It wasn't bad, but I felt like it lost some of the dramatic pause that the written dialogue had. Not bad but wasn't blown away.
2/17/13 11:25 AM
dendawg
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What they need to make now is an animated version of Azzarello's Joker. Phone Post
2/19/13 6:51 PM
AdamDotCom
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed.
Wicked watched.

Even the scene of Robin running parkour style was sick.
And the random detail they put in. When the mutant leader was climbing through the vents, they way they made him climb was so realistic. I dont know why it caught my attention, but it did. hah

And the mutants were wearing Cyclops visors. I thought that was pretty funny
2/19/13 7:38 PM
torquemada
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dendawg - What they need to make now is an animated version of Azzarello's Joker. Phone Post
Now that could be brilliant.
Again, proper pacing. Phone Post
2/20/13 9:14 AM
taba
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a semi-review: http://minx.cc/?post=337682
2/20/13 12:56 PM
YVEL MACHIDA

dendawg - What they need to make now is an animated version of Azzarello's Joker. Phone Post
One of my favorites always thought it was underrated Phone Post
2/23/13 6:12 AM
Wet Fish
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Omg this is unreal Phone Post
2/25/13 8:54 AM
Smokemonster
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just picked up both part 1 and 2 and thay r amazing. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.