UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Thank you Enson Inoue

2/2/13 10:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mega Colossus
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gokudamus stole my name - James, it wasnt me babbling on page 1. I posted an old Enson interview where he goes much deeper into his philosophy. You should read it if you have the time

He isnt saying you should refuse to tap if someone has your arm bent in half. He is saying most fighters quit long before that happens. Jon Jones vs Vitor was a perfect example

The majority of fighters would have tapped to that armbar. But if you watched the Gracie breakdown, it became evident that it wasnt a perfect armbar, Vitor was not belly down and didnt have the leverage to fully break the arm. Had Jon tapped to the armbar, he would have beaten himself because there was an option C, to get out of the armbar and bash Vitors face in.

I don't think ywere babbling I'm going to read what you wrote when I have more time pal

2/2/13 10:35 AM
Mega Colossus
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool hand Ed - James, thanks for interacting with your fans on this forum. I know most professionals brush it off now because of how you can interact with people via twitter, but seeing you on here and how you are has really made me a fan. If you were just on twitter I'd have never had the opportunity to see you interact with others so readily. So, just saying thanks for being part of this forum(and not just when you want to try and sell something like some fighters). You've made a fan out of me.

Best of luck fren

I'm on twitter @JColossus I've turn tweeting into an art form #ItsNotArrogantIfItsTrue;)
2/2/13 10:49 AM
chaplinshouse
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/02/13 10:49 AM

why don't u just roll with some badass hw bb's and get it out of the way then? mir? barnett? monson?

2/2/13 10:52 AM
WRESTLENOW
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you are going to look back on this thread with regret when you are doing 18months of rehab for a compound fracture. tapping is smart and necessary in certain positions. if someone has a full on armbar you can choose to deny reality and not tap or you can have reality forced upon you and face years or possibly a lifetime of limited use.
2/2/13 11:23 AM
Altofsky
867 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mega Colossus - 
Altofsky - 

Dear Mr. Thompson,

Thank you for the entertaining fights you've given us thus far. People can say what they will, but I've never seen you in a boring fight. Cheers for that and keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

A Yank

That's good of you to say. I guess you never say the Severn fight

To be honest, man, I haven't. But that's only because I stopped watching Dan fight after the whole Shamrock slap-fest of yesteryear.

I can honestly say that I've never seen a fight you were in that wasn't entertaining.

2/2/13 11:26 AM
Nexuscrawlers
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enson is the man, I love following his work in Japan. He is a true warrior and a great role model. If more people were like Enson, the world would be a much better place. Phone Post
2/2/13 12:01 PM
SgtJustinTeplitz
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While you did beat one of my favorites in Don Frye, I am a huge fan of yours. Thanks for putting it all on the line James Thompson!!!
2/2/13 12:48 PM
Enson Yamato Inoue
509 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My way isn't for most, in fact I don't recommend it to most fighters.  If you hear my deep meaning then you will understand.  I you hear just the surface you'll think I'm stupid.  It's a mind set you go into a fight with.  A mind set that needs to be trained and set not in the ring during the fight, but in the 100's of hours you spend dripping blood and sweat preparing for battle.  

This mind set sets your thoughts and choices instictivly.  

James,

I think you see my deep meaning on why I think and fight the way I do and I knw you understand that it is so much more than being tough.  I've seen your fights and loved every one of them.  Your "Kill or be Killed" stlye gives me goose bumps!!!  Just remember that the spiritual growth and strength in your heart that you build through fighting is something you can apply to you life after fighting.  Defending your loved ones, standing strong to our values, doing what is right no matter what the consequences are, etc.  just to name a few.

Anticipate sucess and never let the fear of failure overcome you.  Remember Walt Disney went bankrupt 3 time before creating Disneyland.

2/2/13 1:20 PM
El Ninja
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mega Colossus -
El Ninja - 
Herecomesthejester - If someone catches you in a heel hook or knee bar, you gotta tap. Thats a potential career ender if you dont. Phone Post
Exactly. Good luck with everything JT, but MMA is a sport and tapping is a part of it; nobody questions your valor. Phone Post

I 100% agree. It's not about valor it's about me and what helps me in a fight. This is why I though long and hard about this. It's not a ego thing. But look theirs one thing typing this from the comfort of my own home, with my cat pawing at my knee.

It's quite another to be in the 3rd of a fight with a decent heavy weight, hanging off your knee. Maybe the pain would be to much and I'll tap, I don't think I will but I've been wrong before. If I'm right and I don't tap and he breaks my knee and finish my career than I guess It was ment to end. There's a million things I can do. I'm not scared any more about tha anymore.
Much respect, thank you for feedback.

I love the fuckin' UG! Phone Post
2/2/13 1:36 PM
xsrg95
358 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

best of luck on your future fights! :)

2/2/13 1:37 PM
mxmma

James i wish you the best and will continue to be a fan of yours, i will not look down on you if you tap again for your safety. These are some strong words to post on the internet though. Kick some ass Man!
2/2/13 1:56 PM
thesalfordmongoose
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paul Harris vs Thompson catch weight would be interesting Phone Post
2/2/13 2:42 PM
gooddoc

hope you don't get caught in a twister.

2/2/13 2:49 PM
shootfightermike
907 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enson Yamato Inoue - 

My way isn't for most, in fact I don't recommend it to most fighters.  If you hear my deep meaning then you will understand.  I you hear just the surface you'll think I'm stupid.  It's a mind set you go into a fight with.  A mind set that needs to be trained and set not in the ring during the fight, but in the 100's of hours you spend dripping blood and sweat preparing for battle.  

James,

I think you see my deep meaning on why I think and fight the way I do and I knw you understand that it is so much more than being tough.  I've seen your fights and loved every one of them.  Your "Kill or be Killed" stlye gives me goose bumps!!!  Just remember that the spiritual growth and strength in your heart that you build through fighting is something you can apply to you life after fighting.  Defending your loved ones, standing strong to our values, doing what is right no matter what the consequences are, etc.  just to name a few.

Anticipate sucess and never let the fear of failure overcome you.  Remember Walt Disney went bankrupt 3 time before creating Disneyland.

enson always is awesome

2/2/13 3:17 PM
torquemada
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enson Yamato Inoue -

James,

It's unbelievably fucking cool to see this interaction... Phone Post
2/2/13 3:52 PM
Carl Sonnen

Edited: 02/02/13 3:52 PM
I get what Enson is saying and I have tried to live by that motto as well after I had a life/death experience and an epiphany. Whether you tap or not, life is gonna snap that arm if it wants. You gotta keep fighting regardless and know that it is always life and death, but sometimes you get a break and sometimes it is just a training session. Really cool to read and participate in this thread.
2/2/13 3:59 PM
elysian

Hello! Mr. Mega Colossus

Any truth to the rumors about you fighting Nastula at KSW 22 ?
2/2/13 4:01 PM
UGCTT Combat Can Happen

Mega Colossus -
UGCTT Combat Can Happen -  Subbed for when you tap.

Lol jk, but cool? I mean I think if I was fighting to feed my family and myself, I'd wanna be able to fight for as long as I can and prolong my career by keeping myself safe from serious injury, thus allowing me to make maximum fundage$. I respect your decision wholeheartedly and will continue to cheer for you. Phone Post

Hahaha that's why it's here

I hear your point 100% I listen to this interview about two wks ago and have been thinking about it all this time, think it not just a case of thinking right I not tapping make a post on a message board and your done. It's a lot of soul searching them lead me to this point.

That's why I said in thread personally decision, one I think will help me more than hurt me an I completely get why some might think its stupid and macho and not have any part in it, it very much along way from being macho.Anyone who gets caught and taps ( like I have done in the past) I see why. Cheers pal
Makes sense. Good luck with your next fight James! Phone Post
2/2/13 4:06 PM
D241

Thanks for posting that Goku. That was a good read.

Enson has been one of my favorite fighters. The heart that man has is inspiring.

2/2/13 7:01 PM
buckshot44
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let them bang bros.
2/2/13 8:49 PM
balena

i like enson but the whole "die in the ring" thing seems a little over the top

the odds of dying in the ring are less than in the car on the way to the event

so its kinda a moot point considering its insanely unlikely u will die....swimming in the surf would have a higher mortality rate

little dramatic though i get what he is saying
2/2/13 8:50 PM
RowdyBec
675 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mega Colossus - 
RowdyBec - 
Mega Colossus - 
RowdyBec - 

Enson Inoue is the bee's knee's :)

That because he wouldn't tap to a knee bar ;)

LOL :) He is so cool that I named my son after him!!

Wow that is a tip of the hat. What's  your son called ?

Sorry couldn't resist

LOL :) You shoulda stuck the the Mega Punk fight name :(

2/2/13 8:55 PM
Publicnoose

Only tap in practice tap early tap often in a real fight I'm a John jones you better break it because I will not submit Phone Post
2/2/13 9:07 PM
Josh Davies
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's got such an inspirational character Phone Post
2/5/13 5:18 AM
Enson Yamato Inoue
509 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.