UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> ICE ISO

2/2/13 11:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
You Against Me
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey,

I was hoping you might be willing to spare a few moments and share some information with me. I check the USAJobs.gov site about once a week, I just noticed a job for ICE as an Immigration Services Officer. Ideally, I would love to get into the enforcement or HSI world of ICE. I know any foot in the door is a good foot in the door, but is there opportunities in ICE to move from one field to another? Perhaps even give a little more insight to the ISO position from an insiders perspective?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.
2/2/13 12:54 PM
You Against Me
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To clarify, the position is with CIS, not ICE; but according to the USCIS website they work with ICE?
2/6/13 10:58 PM
Twelve Gage
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fightlogs.com, Owner

From what I have seen you would be better served to try in get in ICE as an Immigration Enforcement Officer.  I know a few people that have taken the journey from Immigration Enforcement Officer to Deportation Officer to HSI SA. 

One thing I've noticed about ICE is they do like to hire from within their own community.  In fact you'll see announcements that will say ICE eimployees only.

Good luck!

2/8/13 10:45 AM
You Against Me

Thanks, Twelve.

I opted against the position after talking to KidJustice. But you definitely reaffirmed that decision.
2/10/13 3:56 PM
Twelve Gage
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fightlogs.com, Owner

No problem.  Good luck! 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.